The General Relationship Thread

• Thread starter Type S Tony
  • 5,254 comments

Type S Tony

∞ Beyond your mum.
Premium
V-TECHmachine
General relationship thread:

Lets have a discussion about our relationship's with our partner's wheather long or short term.

Me & my Fiance have a pretty good relationship, were both complete idiots in public and tigers in the bedroom, we both contribute an equal amount to the relationship and I think we mix together really well due to us having a certain understanding for one another due to being from the same background.

I always see couples where the chick is a complete 🤬 or the guy is whiped or where the guy treats the girls like crap but she wont leave so I was just wondering what the rest of GTP's relatinships were like?

Last edited by a moderator:
While I can't comment on relationships at all, I do like the idea of a general relationship thread.

OK, I'll go.

I have a very traditional relationship as my wife very subservient. We both like it this way and are very good friends. I do the hard work, pay the bills and do the DIY, she cooks, cleans, does the house work and studies at uni. That's pretty much it without going into too many details, plus I have work to do so should really get back to that.

I had no idea what I was getting into entering this thread. :lol:
As Tesla said this thread is a good idea. (And like him I can't comment on relationships :()

While I can't comment on relationships at all, I do like the idea of a general relationship thread.

Pretty sure we already have one.

*edit*

Sorry just checked it out, it's in the "Infield" section. My bad.

Last edited:
My relationship is different again, but I believe all relationships should be different.

I met my partner at a mature age, we both stand on our individuality; our own life.
We do like to share things, but we also need our own activities.
Both take initiatives and when we can do it together that is fun, when one can not make it or just is not interested the other one does it alone (well mostly with friends).

For us it is important to know what the good things are we have together and that we make time for the other one. We also are very similar in the food, holidays, people, ... we like so it works for us. Some concessions have to be made (mainly concerning the in-laws,) but that is part of a relationships.

We have our conflicts, but we generally laugh them away quite quickly.

===============

On the other hand people might not see it this way from the outside, I also know couples that seem to work well, but it seems like they are not friendly to each other at all when we get together, however they do not experience it that way.

Relationship thread... good idea!

The wife and I have been married for 1 and a half years now and its still great, i still wake up every morning thinking that this was the best decision of my life. Though she hates some of my crazy schemes we get along great. she was my best friend first and partner second so we built a great foundation. she does have her faults but who doesn't? all in all i know i made the right decision. Plus, when your wife names your car after Milla Jovovich in The fifth element because thats one of you favorite movies together AND gets a license plate that says "ECTOGMT" you can't go wrong! ever!

Hmm. She's a brat, but cute and makes me laugh. I'm at the stage in life where i've messed around and had a few long-term relationships and want a few more years of freedom before finding a girl to settle down with (depending on where my career takes me).

The currently squeeze is independant and has her own money, hobbies and friends, which suits me down to the ground. My pet hate with women is when they act like your money is 'their' money or 'our' money. WE'RE NOT MARRIED FFS!

I have been with my wife for 3 years now, im only 24 so obviously married young. I freely admit I was quite nieve about marriage, however we quickly adapted to each other and learnt to co-operate with one another.

My wife is older than me (now 29) and was also married before. She is however quite happy for me to be "the boss", we talk about everything, but ultimately she tells me i'm the head of the house and I make the decisions.
This may sound like i'm controlling and chuvinistic, but its not like that, my wife and I have a one-in-a-million relationship, everything we do is together, I know she has utmost respect for me, and I like-wise for her.
She knows I will look after her and do anything I can for her, I love the way she always wants to help me anyway she can, I love the way she deals with my spontanuity (if it wasnt for her, our house would be full of many, many, pointless gadgets and objects lol)

So in summary, I married a keeper 👍

I have been with my wife for 3 years now, im only 24 so obviously married young. I freely admit I was quite nieve about marriage, however we quickly adapted to each other and learnt to co-operate with one another.

My wife is older than me (now 29) and was also married before. She is however quite happy for me to be "the boss", we talk about everything, but ultimately she tells me i'm the head of the house and I make the decisions.
This may sound like i'm controlling and chuvinistic, but its not like that, my wife and I have a one-in-a-million relationship, everything we do is together, I know she has utmost respect for me, and I like-wise for her.
She knows I will look after her and do anything I can for her, I love the way she always wants to help me anyway she can, I love the way she deals with my spontanuity (if it wasnt for her, our house would be full of many, many, pointless gadgets and objects lol)

So in summary, I married a keeper 👍

Wow, huge admiration. Seems very difficult to marry young and stay together in the U.K these days. Maybe your wife being older helped? More mature?

Wow, huge admiration. Seems very difficult to marry young and stay together in the U.K these days. Maybe your wife being older helped? More mature?

Thank you, yeah I do believe Mrs Mad being older has helped, she was very patient and even kept her cool when I told her I couldnt iron lol

I have matured massively in those 3 years, we are stronger now than ever before.
I consider myself very lucky to have her.

MP
Pretty sure we already have one.

*edit*

Sorry just checked it out, it's in the "Infield" section. My bad.

Relationships are forbidden outside of the Infield! FORBIDDEN!

huge.38.193998.JPG

Profit Strategy: If anyone wants to discuss relationships, close this thread and buy Premium!

So either we get back on topic or this thread gets:

Locked.jpg

Taken to China and made to perform?

No I jest..

My relationship status is ***** right now.. I just got back in touch with somebody I broke up with last year, turns out I couldn't do without her afterall... problem is, even when it's good, it's difficult.. but I guess we do these things because our heart tells us to..

^ yup. going on a bottle of rum right now also.. probably talking ****

My relationship is fantastic. We will have been together for a year next month and we'll be in Jamaica watching the sun set over the deep blue water with free cocktails to celebrate. Up yours, bitch of an ex! :lol:

But yeah on a more serious note we're currently building houses next to each other on a Minecraft server. And she wants to get Portal 2 some time soon.

Gamer girls FTW

Been with Vic for a year and a half now and she's the most amazing girl I've ever met. Nothing more to say.

Except Moglet... Oby????

That is the perfect response for everyone out there in a relationship with a general.

I don't see how this is intrinsically bad to have another thread, to be honest. Just remember the rules and the staff suggestions and the AUP, and we'll all be okay.

Back