The General Relationship Thread

• Thread starter Type S Tony
  • 5,254 comments
I tried and failed a couple months ago. It was my first time trying to set something up so i kinda screwed up. I'm still pretty young so whatever, just take it as a learning experience and move on. I'm still in the market though.

Good to see the thread taking off,

As some of you might know Im getting married in November this year, The latest issue im having with my other half is regarding living arrangements.

Basically she wants a house in Sydney and I want an apartment, My Reasoning is for the money were going to spend on a house its not going to be that great so if we buy an apartment instead I can get something really nice with views in an awesome location, If we buy a house it will more than likely be run down and need alot of work to be done to it.

The housing market in Sydney is only on the up & up with the average price of a house within 20km radious of the city costing over $1m, borrowing the money isnt an issue but theres just something i dont like about spending $1m+ on a house thats not even up to standard?

Were both going to be contributing to the purchase with myself obviosly contributing a significant amount more than she.

What can I do GTP? What Can I do?

Oh yeah & she wont ever sht up about having kids which is irritating

I've been with my other half for ten years now, and despite the ups and downs (my other half is a bi-polar manic depressive, a proper one, not like Catherine Zeta-Jones), we're stronger than we have ever been.

One thing I will say is, when I was younger, I never realised just how much hard work it would take. It is very hard work to make a relationship work, but keep trying and you will get there.

The housing market in Sydney is only on the up & up with the average price of a house within 20km radious of the city costing over $1m, borrowing the money isnt an issue but theres just something i dont like about spending $1m+ on a house thats not even up to standard?

My recommendation is to check your facts: median house prices in Sydney are high, but not over $1m.

http://www.immigrationpaths.com/about-sydney.html

http://theage.domain.com.au/home-in...se-prices-still-on-the-up-20110509-1efc5.html

The March quarter Sydney median house price of $643,713.

Last edited:
I have been with my wife for 3 years now, im only 24 so obviously married young. I freely admit I was quite nieve about marriage, however we quickly adapted to each other and learnt to co-operate with one another.

My wife is older than me (now 29) and was also married before. She is however quite happy for me to be "the boss", we talk about everything, but ultimately she tells me i'm the head of the house and I make the decisions.
This may sound like i'm controlling and chuvinistic, but its not like that, my wife and I have a one-in-a-million relationship, everything we do is together, I know she has utmost respect for me, and I like-wise for her.
She knows I will look after her and do anything I can for her, I love the way she always wants to help me anyway she can, I love the way she deals with my spontanuity (if it wasnt for her, our house would be full of many, many, pointless gadgets and objects lol)

So in summary, I married a keeper 👍

Nice one mate 👍

she was very patient and even kept her cool when I told her I couldnt iron lol

What's an iron? :sly:

Anyway for me, together for about 11 years :scared:, two fantastic sons and still in love :embarrassed:.

Lol, not to worry. I'm on a minecraft server where a couple from Birmingham are building houses next to eachother so...

Aaah, I see. Our server is 3MC, I think. But I go under the name of Moglet85 on there so you'd know fairly quickly if it was me!

Next there'll be a Babes th-..Oh.

At least we still have the Nude Staff of the Month thing.

Nice one mate 👍

What's an iron? :sly:

Anyway for me, together for about 11 years :scared:, two fantastic sons and still in love :embarrassed:.

I dont know, I believe its a widely used metal often found it buildings, Old vehicles and numerous other applications....

Sadly women seem to confuse this useful metal with an appliance to steam press ones clothes! lol

Silly billys....:sly:

My sister-in-law gave birth last night, im dead excited to meet the little guy!

Me and my girlfriend been togheter for 8 years now and we still have a espectacular relationship and very in love:tup:! And we form a great couple :D!

My recommendation is to check your facts: median house prices in Sydney are high, but not over $1m.

http://www.immigrationpaths.com/about-sydney.html

http://theage.domain.com.au/home-in...se-prices-still-on-the-up-20110509-1efc5.html

The problem with these figures is that they incorporate house prices from the greater sydney area which are much cheaper that homes that are closer to city hub thus bringing down the average house price figure for Sydney in general.

Working in the mortgage industry Im constantly involved with the turnover of property an the figure of $1m+ is average for a good home in a decent location. this especially rings true in the suburbs that arent ghetto.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-arncliffe-107399976

^^ this is what $650,000 gets you, a crappy house in a hardcore ghetto area, only good thing is the suburb is semi close to the city, but thats it.

My relationship is fantastic. We will have been together for a year next month and we'll be in Jamaica watching the sun set over the deep blue water with free cocktails to celebrate. Up yours, bitch of an ex! :lol:

But yeah on a more serious note we're currently building houses next to each other on a Minecraft server. And she wants to get Portal 2 some time soon.

Gamer girls FTW
I seem to remember when you met this girl. Major congrats. 👍👍

I only see my girlfriend in band (school). yes the school system likes to ruin your life, but we've been dating for about a year
the funniest part is i'm 12

The problem with these figures is that they incorporate house prices from the greater sydney area which are much cheaper that homes that are closer to city hub thus bringing down the average house price figure for Sydney in general.

Working in the mortgage industry Im constantly involved with the turnover of property an the figure of $1m+ is average for a good home in a decent location. this especially rings true in the suburbs that arent ghetto.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-arncliffe-107399976

^^ this is what $650,000 gets you, a crappy house in a hardcore ghetto area, only good thing is the suburb is semi close to the city, but thats it.

Balmain has some nice places for 800+, but I agree with your original sentiment - apartment or terrace over a house any day of the week.

I only see my girlfriend in band (school). yes the school system likes to ruin your life, but we've been dating for about a year
the funniest part is i'm 12

This is why I won't post about any relationships I might ever have. You can't really date at the age of 12.

This is why I won't post about any relationships I might ever have. You can't really date at the age of 12.

I don't really understand that way of thinking. Are you having a relationship? Yes? Then post it up, Johnny!

It's almost elitist how adults say 'You can't be in love/in a relationship, you're too young!' or 'You wouldn't know what love is!'

Everybody has to start somewhere, for me the journey has been/is just as important as the destination.
I'm interested in how relationships are for the younger guys here - are they as easy as I remember them being? Very chilled out, lying out on the school field in the sun, holding hands - even a cheeky kiss before getting on the bus home... Or has hectic modern life made even those early relationships full of drama and frustration (not that kind of frustration!)?

My main concern is what are 12 yr olds doing seeking relationships??? I dont know about you guys but when I was 12 I was to busy having fun with my friends on the weekends and still getting up to mischief

You may have your duplicate relationship thread. But you may not have a thread which discusses other interesting threads. :grumpy:

My main concern is what are 12 yr olds doing seeking relationships??? I dont know about you guys but when I was 12 I was to busy having fun with my friends on the weekends and still getting up to mischief

I had a girlfriend when I was 12. We barely hung out. It was 100% harmless and it didn't interfere with my mischief at all. It also lent absolutely zero life experience or lessons. It was a dumb 12-year-old move by dumb 12-year-olds. I was barely comfortable kissing her on the cheek. I don't see any reason for concern. It's not like you can do anything crazy. You have curfews and you still need to get picked up and dropped off to hang out. Anything "bad" a 12-year-old would do in a relationship is something they would do without one.

No reason for concern at all.

I have been in two relationships, where I realized I really don't care.

I'll probably change my tune when I meet the right girl, but seriously, it is not worth my effort to actively find a girlfriend.

You may have your duplicate relationship thread. But you may not have a thread which discusses other interesting threads. :grumpy:

I had a girlfriend when I was 12. We barely hung out. It was 100% harmless and it didn't interfere with my mischief at all. It also lent absolutely zero life experience or lessons. It was a dumb 12-year-old move by dumb 12-year-olds. I was barely comfortable kissing her on the cheek. I don't see any reason for concern. It's not like you can do anything crazy. You have curfews and you still need to get picked up and dropped off to hang out. Anything "bad" a 12-year-old would do in a relationship is something they would do without one.

No reason for concern at all.

I know what you mean, its not so much a "concern" I just think that kids should try to be kids for as long as possible because you cant go back to being one once reality kicks in. Admittedly im 23 yrs old and still act like im 16 when im not in a work environment

I have been in two relationships, where I realized I really don't care.

I'll probably change my tune when I meet the right girl, but seriously, it is not worth my effort to actively find a girlfriend.

The main thing I think is good about having a GF is you generally become a better more responsible person without even realising it, Your friends will give you crap inevitably but thats mainly because there envious

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
I have a question? If a girl is in a relationship for more or less than 4 years with a boy. Is it possible that they already mate together? Regarding of her ethnic(Model, Healthy Woman).​

If 2 people have been together that long & aren't having sex, the guy's doing something horribly wrong & the girl is putting out on the side.

I don't really understand that way of thinking. Are you having a relationship? Yes? Then post it up, Johnny!

It's almost elitist how adults say 'You can't be in love/in a relationship, you're too young!' or 'You wouldn't know what love is!'

Everybody has to start somewhere, for me the journey has been/is just as important as the destination.
I'm interested in how relationships are for the younger guys here - are they as easy as I remember them being? Very chilled out, lying out on the school field in the sun, holding hands - even a cheeky kiss before getting on the bus home... Or has hectic modern life made even those early relationships full of drama and frustration (not that kind of frustration!)?

I have no problem with you being in a relationship. Hell, I'm 14 and still look back upon things like that with fondness. My problem lies with you acting like you are a mature person in society who thinks they know what dating really is. I remember a relationship of mine with a girl that lasted 4 years until I was 13. I thought that we were both incredibly mature, and that seeing her occasionally constituted dating.

Fast forward a year and a half, and I could see that it was just another friendship (an incredibly healthy and prosperous friendship, I will concede that). Get into year 9, 10 and beyond, and you might start getting a glimpse of what dating is.

And what you might think is daring and passionate as a 12 year old is nothing compared to what even a 14 year old couple might do! :lol:

EDIT: Whoops, I thought you were the 12 year old. My bad! :lol: but I stand by my statement. :)

One more edit, just for the lulz:
Eric.
Next there'll be a Babes th-..Oh.

At least we still have the Nude Staff of the Month thing.

...I would almost buy some premium just to see what the hell you guys do in there! It's like some massive GTP conspiracy! :lol:

Last edited:
Back