The General Relationship Thread

• Thread starter Type S Tony
  • 5,254 comments
So, I'm back. Found someone who actually appreciates my sense of humor and is apparently single. Haven't made a move yet (near-crippling anxiety), but worth exploring the idea of something happening.

So the parenthesees prove prophetic. Didn't make a move, girl in question is possibly seeing someone.

So going to give a brief update.
The one that is really close but still so far away, we've decided that since school is more important and to focus on homework than each other we kinda took some time away. (She still cares and wants me by all means) but wants to do school first. (Understandable)

The one from California is no longer, she just wanted to be pampered and wanted and everything without showing or doing anything back.

Then the Philippines.
One I was talking to didn't want to do anything but instead found someone else so good for her.

Now talking to a different one in Bacoor who is just dying over me, and everything.
Has a cute face :)
College educated (Started at 16 and Graduated at 22)
Non-Vegetarian/Vegan, actually hates veggies (Big Plus)
With her she is different.
She wants to be independent, works hard, also willing to do just about anything and everything to want to be with me. Including send me stuff (actual things) :/
She doesn't really want anything in return except me, All of me, even has thought maybe when she passes her Medical exam to work in the US she would find a way to me and to be with me and even has hinted to me on a proposal.
Edit Well as I got more into it found out she does have another facebook account (Just like the other one from the same area). Looking at it made me see it's more "full" than the current one, don't know if it's because she doesn't want to say anything about me or family or something else. So much for trust and everything and now I am reconsidering it, since who knows what else is happening that I wouldn't know.
Edit 2: So she ended up removing her second account and ended up with just one and is the one that she has all her friends/college people and is still thinking about sending me a bunch of stuff. :) While I don't normally would do this but I guess some of you are probably wondering what she looks like.
Well here is one that I can maybe safely share. Haha. Others are too well riskay. ;)

received_10205755419404203.jpeg

So that is my situation.

Last edited:
Ugh. Makes me want to compact my frontal lobe by smashing my skull against cinder blocks.

It's those few that make you think that dating is worthwhile, but with me, I end up miserable sometimes.

Just a curious question to everyone else here from someone who pretty much has no sexual or romantic desires, what gives you guys motivation to go for relationships? What makes you want to have a partner to live beside you? Is being alone without someone (romantically) really that scary?

Just this whole thing intrigues me.

Just a curious question to everyone else here from someone who pretty much has no sexual or romantic desires, what gives you guys motivation to go for relationships? What makes you want to have a partner to live beside you? Is being alone without someone (romantically) really that scary?

For me I would say someone just there, like always having a close friend to do things. Can be there to talk to if things get hard at school and/or work. While I could of found a good friend/soulmate and partner that I want to be with but she isn't here right now.

Some people I know who are single are loving it. Can eat/sleep/game all day and/or night and just enjoying the single life.

IMHO I would say each person is different on why they want to go for a relationship or not.

As someone who has been single for awhile now, but also messed around with lots of women and had several serious relationships in my twenties, I don't miss a relationship at all. I'm in a little different boat, because I'm older then a lot of people here.

I'm happy being single, and really have no desire for any relationship. I have too many friends that are married with kids, and can't stand their wives, or have been divorced a couple times, really just miserable. I know several people just staying married because of the children. Yes there's a bunch of happily married couples as well, in good relationships. I just see more and more bad relationships then good anymore, heck you have a better chance of getting divorced then staying married now.

I don't have the patience to put up with a lot of things like I used to, I don't think I would be a good husband or boyfriend. I'm a really nice person, I just get annoyed easily, and sometimes speak my mind to quickly, basically a girl would probably drive me up a wall and I would get rid of her in a short period of time.

I can do what I want, when I want. Spend my money on what I want, etc. Do I miss companionship? At times, but I've always been the type of person that prefers my alone time. I'm not anti social at all, and pretty much get along with everyone. I just prefer my space.

I know mines a different story, because I've had a lot experiences already, but in my opinion relationships are overated. I think everyone should try them though, because everyone is different. I'm totally happy how I am now. Do I miss sex? Yeah sure I do, it's just not worth all the other baggage that seems to come with relationships now.

Many things have happened guys... not great things as usual, but that will have to wait for another time.

Currently, her mom is at the hospital. She might be a spoiled girl, but her mom is a great great woman and human being. She and her dad, too. Don't know what happened that ther daughter ended up being such a... you know...

Will report once I know her mom is ok.

Many things have happened guys... not great things as usual, but that will have to wait for another time.

Currently, her mom is at the hospital. She might be a spoiled girl, but her mom is a great great woman and human being. She and her dad, too. Don't know what happened that ther daughter ended up being such a... you know...

Okay...But leave when you can. It seems like you're just trying to cling on.

I feel lost right now. There might be a couple of girls from work interested in me but I don't care much about them. I fear that the one perfect person for me is only around during the summer months, otherwise she is busy with school.

Need advice: Any particular things to bear in mind when going after someone with a child? It's for a friend and totally not me. (Hint: It's for me.)

Her child comes first for her and in my experience getting along with the kid (or kids in my case) works wonders.

I was going after a girl a couple of years ago with two kids but it didn't work out, for very complicated reasons that had nothing to do with the kids. We are still close in a sense though, partially because we played a lot of Call of Duty together but mostly because I've been in a relationship with her sister for the past two years :P

Dude, everyone will keep saying it. Get away MOlieg. That's not the textbook example of a sane, happy relationship.
it will just keep going and going and going and going and going and going until you just enter crippling depression and she dumps you for someone else, or cheats on you.
Even if her mother and father are great persons, you're not dating them, you're not thinking of marrying them, you're marrying their horrible daughter. think of your relationship as if it was the relationship of your best friend. you want them to get out of that. now put that in practise on yourself.

I rarely appear here, and only come to the rumble strip out of boredom at work, so you may dismiss my word, but notice that everyone that's more or less a regular on the thread advises you to do the same, even your mother doesn't seem ok with it.

Last edited:

I've only read the last couple of pages of this thread, and I haven't been here much, but if I can give one bit of advice, it is this;

Run far and run fast. To hell with dignity, or being a gentleman, or respect, or whatever is keeping you there. Nobody deserves the kind of stuff that sadistic girl does to you. Get out while you have your sanity. If even half of this stuff is true, I'm amazed you're still there.

So just had a lovely talk with an ex. (Not really)
Mostly she felt sad because her "ex" boyfriend of 2 months left her and needed someone to talk to. So she ended up talking to me.
Was all okay and fine until a few things ended up coming up. Then she got furious and angry and called me childish for what I said 7 months ago when she broke up with me. (Basically what I said is "I hope you find the right one for the right reasons and not just to get into your pants") So that ended up happening and I was right, I called it. Then she mentioned that he wanted her back a week later and she is now ignoring his calls. Do I fell sorry? No. I just think she needs to find herself before finding someone to love.

Now she is no longer talking to me and is officially gone.

Now onto the real one of My girlfriend.
She went to the mall earlier today (Which was about like 4 pm there) and ended up getting some more things ready to send to me.
She did get me a necklace for me to wear, day and night, also did ended up getting a "promise" ring to give to me which I was not expecting (Well I was but not a "promise" one but a "proposal" one). Now she is going to give the promise ring to one of her friends and not worry about sending it.
Time keeps going and everything keeps happening or I just keep guessing and I keep getting things right.
Curse you mind. I shouldn't be able to read peoples thoughts or ideas or plans.

Until then I just wait and possibly will get it near Christmas time.

I have two problems to do with relationships & both are happening right now in my college.

1. I have an abusive ex whose at my college. It's really annoying when I see her annoying face in college. She basically blackmailed me with threats if I ever left her so that's why I didn't leave her at the time. The stuff she did to me was disgusting. I'll only go into detail if anybody is wondering what actually happened. Nothing sexual or rude in that way. Yeah so today she tried pushing my buttons, tried making me snap because she knows how angry I can get which is very eazy to start me off. & I don't want to be kicked out my college for snapping at some silly no good ex. She's made lies & everything about me which is 1 of the other reasons why I'm so angry. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in love or I don't want her back, it's all the disgusting nasty things she would put me through is why I'm so angry.

2. I really proper genuine like this girl at my college. I always catch her looking at me, & my friends have also caught her looking over at me too. So it's not just me assuming stuff. It's obvious that there is a tension in the air between me & this girl, but the problem is I don't have the balls to speak to her & tell her she's my crush because it would just sound weird when we haven't spoke before. I just don't know what I should do. To sum it up; I really really like this girl but I don't have the guts to go over & say it to her because it'll feel weird.
Any suggestions?

I have two problems to do with relationships & both are happening right now in my college.

1. I have an abusive ex whose at my college. It's really annoying when I see her annoying face in college. She basically blackmailed me with threats if I ever left her so that's why I didn't leave her at the time. The stuff she did to me was disgusting. I'll only go into detail if anybody is wondering what actually happened. Nothing sexual or rude in that way. Yeah so today she tried pushing my buttons, tried making me snap because she knows how angry I can get which is very eazy to start me off. & I don't want to be kicked out my college for snapping at some silly no good ex. She's made lies & everything about me which is 1 of the other reasons why I'm so angry. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in love or I don't want her back, it's all the disgusting nasty things she would put me through is why I'm so angry.

2. I really proper genuine like this girl at my college. I always catch her looking at me, & my friends have also caught her looking over at me too. So it's not just me assuming stuff. It's obvious that there is a tension in the air between me & this girl, but the problem is I don't have the balls to speak to her & tell her she's my crush because it would just sound weird when we haven't spoke before. I just don't know what I should do. To sum it up; I really really like this girl but I don't have the guts to go over & say it to her because it'll feel weird.
Any suggestions?
1. Get a restraining order against the ex. If you can set a minimum safe zone, she can't approach you without putting herself against the long arm of the law. If you can get one with a big enough distance, you could theoretically push her out of the college completely.

2. I can't really tell you much about what to do there. Perhaps pass her a note or something?

Any suggestions?

1. Don't let it get to you. If they're false, then why are you getting angry? Who cares what her pathetic circle thinks of you, they don't know you.

2 Introduce yourself, try to find a common ground with her, classes, majors, etc. Ask her if she wants to go for lunch one day. Get to know her. Don't go in guns blazing.

Last edited:
1, I get angry because, it pure annoys me when people are just out there to ruin peoples moods & for what? To think higher of herself? Hell no. She is not liked in my college, a lot of people dislike her. & i`m well liked in my college, i have a lot of friends or people who have my back so i don`t even know why i bite back.

2, I might try being around her a lot more. I might try a sneaky tactic like bumping into her then work my way up instead of jumping right in.

Thank you guys i`ll take both of your advices` in consideration. :cheers:

Many of you might remember the original girl I was going after a few months ago. I've been successfully able to keep her out of my head for the most part, but she occasionally creeps back in and makes me feel sad.

"She was so beautiful! She liked you and really needed you! Why did you give up on her?!" Then I give it a little thought and realize what a bullet I dodged. She once said she feels like she pushes guys that she likes/dates away, and at the time I thought, how could that be possible? But I soon realized that she was doing the same to me.

I hope she finds someone though, she is a great girl but she needs to find someone who can break her out of her shell, and that certainly is not me.

So uh... :(

I'll let her do the talking:

(translated from skype)

She:

Baby look
I don't have time
Ok?
I'm only telling you what I want
And what I'm looking for
I someone who makes good money
And has a car
And that can buy me a house
That's the only thing that matters to me

giphy.gif

Everything has collapsed inside of me... I would be crying non stop but I'm at the office so...

:(

Now I will, I promise you... :(

I believed in her beyond my limits, and despite everyone's advice... :( but this is it... I'm so heartbroken and so lost and so sad and so... :(

That's it, I'm out :(

You know, we told you to do it so it wouldn't come to this. When you asked for advice neither one of you were really hurt...

Anyway I'm not going to play the "I told you so" card I'm here for you brother, as are all the other regulars.

Like we've said, you don't need that kind of person in your life. You deserve so much better. Even her parents understood. You will find someone much better, I promise you that. Just look out for similar signs in other girls, so this doesn't happen again. We're here for you.

Last edited:
@MoLiEG you've been suffering so, so much with all this drama. Just let go. I know it's easier said than done, but you've been hurting yourself this past month, and you should put yourself above anyone else. Now that the final attack has been super effective and drained everything from you, get that last bit of strengh in reserve and say "it's over, no more". We all have your back here. Chin up, be strong, and tomorrow will be another, better, day.

@AlvaroF Not only the past month, the past YEAR. I've endured so much, I've been trying to do things the way I believed to be correct to avoid problems, be happy and make this person happy, and she just can't stop finding "flaws" in me, reasons to fight, reasons to make me feel horrible, always managing to make me feel guilty of things I did because of her being such a.... to me... It's never her fault, she is never wrong...

Yesterday, she asked if I was cool with what she wanted from me, from this relationship, she asked if I was ok with the fact that her top priority was money... of course I said I was not ok, that I was here for the Love, for the happiness of giving without expecting nothing in return. Of course money is important as it pays the bills and can offer a certain lifestyle, but it's not what what gives happiness and tranquility, as she said.

I can't bring a child to this world knowing her mother is here for the money and the house. I just can't. I just can let her do anything she wants with me and my heart and my wallet anymore...

And I'm not a wallet with legs either...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back