The Gentlemen's Virtual Racing Club (Closed for now)PC 

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 903 comments
I've got my PC all unplugged from my rig and set up by my TV for streaming the Daytona 24H, so no racing for me today. I would normally use my laptop but the charger for it broke and I haven't bought a replacement yet.

I've got my PC all unplugged from my rig and set up by my TV for streaming the Daytona 24H, so no racing for me today. I would normally use my laptop but the charger for it broke and I haven't bought a replacement yet.

I've got my iPad handling that job. :D

image.jpg

Yeah this combo will make for some close racing, with only 3 of us i had the most fun online so far in my short public career 👍
For close racing, low power is the way to go. The best race series I participated in were Brandon's 1 make series with the Suzuki Cappuccino RM, all 137 hp of it:lol:, and the 1965 Alfa TZ2 1 make series with 170ish hp IIRC. With appropriate weight penalties available in AC it should be more than possible to create near parity among drivers of decent to good skill levels with slower, lower powered cars because the effect of added weight is much more dramatic than it is in a GT3 type car for example. Not sure if we can get a DeadNutsEven level of parity but we might get close:sly:.

For close racing, low power is the way to go. The best race series I participated in were Brandon's 1 make series with the Suzuki Cappuccino RM, all 137 hp of it:lol:, and the 1965 Alfa TZ2 1 make series with 170ish hp IIRC. With appropriate weight penalties available in AC it should be more than possible to create near parity among drivers of decent to good skill levels with slower, lower powered cars because the effect of added weight is much more dramatic than it is in a GT3 type car for example. Not sure if we can get a DeadNutsEven level of parity but we might get close:sly:.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I've got my iPad handling that job. :D

View attachment 509179
DSC_0157_zpskjzpzme5.jpg

Big screen ftw. I'm cheering for GTD car #22, Shane Van Gisbergen. He's a Kiwi V8 Supercar driver, but he also competes in drifting, World Time Attack and is a factory McLaren driver as well. Very talented and diverse driver. Been a huge fan for a long time.

Will have to use your solution next weekend though, as the Bathurst 12 hour is on while we are racing. Should be a really good race.

Last edited:
I'd be down for a one-make Truffle-Shuffle race at some point, I am usually a fan of the McLaren, but that V10-howl man... :drool:

Now you got me thinking about running tests between the two for GT3 :ouch:

The Abarth 'round Donington is a blast! In my qualifying trim, with my lacking skills, 1:25.5 and maybe, if the stars align, high 1:24's, which is just roughly 2, 3 seconds away from the alien @Johnnypenso and maybe the closest I've been to an alien :lol:

Glad you guys are enjoying the combo. I feel like the car goes around this track really well and it reminds me of all the BTCC races I've seen there. With my slightly-modified-from-default tune and with JP's tune I'm getting mid 24's with a best of 24.3, the only times I use much brake is the first turn and the final chicane and I'm keeping it in 4th gear or higher through the rest of the track.

Hi, any spaces left for Saturday's race?

Should be! I don't keep an official tally because I don't think there's enough active people in the AC section to worry about over-booking right now. Last week we had 10 and I can host up to 16-18 so we should have room. If we start getting more than 16 on a regular basis I'll look into renting a server so we can have more people.

Should be! I don't keep an official tally because I don't think there's enough active people in the AC section to worry about over-booking right now. Last week we had 10 and I can host up to 16-18 so we should have room. If we start getting more than 16 on a regular basis I'll look into renting a server so we can have more people.

Ok just moved from console to PC so if I can get the mod working I'll be there :D

Ok just moved from console to PC so if I can get the mod working I'll be there :D

Feel free to ask any questions, we have some seasoned AC users here that know a lot of tips and tricks and we're happy to help. The link for the mod track is in the OP (make sure you use that one, there is another version out there but you'll only be able to get into the server if you have the one I linked to). 👍

Here's how I do it and it works without exception so far:

Download the file for Donington.

Unzip using 7Zip (free) or other software if you have it. I unzip to a temporary folder called "Assetto Corsa Files Unzipped". If you want to you can unzip directly into the game if you specify the right path but I always like to take a look at the files and make sure everything is going where it's supposed to go first.

In this case, the maker has set it up so that the file unzips as the track folder itself and so you can copy and paste "doningtonpark" directly into this folder: Assetto Corsa>Content>tracks

Quite often mod makers set it up so that the downloads are already in a file path like content>tracks>track name etc. and in that case you would copy and paste into the Assetto Corsa root file.

It's something to do with the log files. I install it correctly but then, when I start the game it gives a log file error

It's something to do with the log files. I install it correctly but then, when I start the game it gives a log file error

That's odd, not sure I've encountered that. How/where did you install the track folder?

Jup. But I already find a solution. I had other version installed and this one was in confflict with the other. All solved now :lol:

If the other one is the RaceDepartment version you should be able to have both installed, they both show up on my tracks list and I can pick any of the four to drive on. Weird! But, at least you got it working now! 👍

Welcome to the dark side.

large.jpg

Looks a little short to be a Stormtrooper........ :D

If the other one is the RaceDepartment version you should be able to have both installed, they both show up on my tracks list and I can pick any of the four to drive on. Weird! But, at least you got it working now! 👍

I only have RaceDepartement and official forum mods. Not effective but got it working, unless it was the same Donington and it didn't replace the the National layout log files.

I only have RaceDepartement and official forum mods. Not effective but got it working, unless it was the same Donington and it didn't replace the the National layout log files.

One of them was actually uploaded by RaceDepartment (as opposed to some random dude), that's what I meant. The other one is uploaded by Brun and that's the one we're using, but you should be able to have both installed at the same time.

Back