The Gran Turismo 2 Photo Mode Thread (Submit Your Own Too!)

• Thread starter Razor440
  • 88 comments
Is this a really bad pun? I'm lost here.

A very bad one that is, yes terrible it is. Yes. Ye-

joesbbqfootmassage.png

FINALLY! WE GET TO LOOK AT SOME NEW PICTURES I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT!

gt2clubmen.png

Somewhat inspired by GT3.

dragrace1.png

I wish, I really wish.

DODGE CHALLENGER WALLPAPER.png

It's a pretty nice wallpaper, isn't it?

granturismo2-r33@redrockvalley.png

Good old Red Rock Valley.

celicassii.png

granturismo2-lagunasecaraceway-logo.png

Probably didn't see this version.

gt2-hunterandtheprey.png

The hunter and the prey.

Nice thread!
I remember experimenting quite a while ago :)

How did you do this? This is amazing and looks very faithful to the original wallpapers, and faithful to the early Gran Turismo games...I can tell this is a different game, but are those actual Gran Turismo 2 cars you used? I know your good at importing cars from GT4 so I wouldn't be surprised if you imported those GT2 cars for fun.

Here are a few for today...

Tuned Cash Cow Cup.png

Yep, that's another event wallpaper mockery I made."We use cash cows (as in the HKS Drag cars seen up front) so you have to (win.)

nightlife speedlife.png

I wanted to salvage this one somehow. So I made it really blurry so you couldn't see the terrifying pixelation.

granturismo2-seattlecityracers.png

I think Polyphony didn't need a damage model, they already have cars with twitchy body panels, which kind of looks like as if the cars are digitally corrupted. Such as that red Lancia. Also notice the Taurus with the strange pillar.

HKS_DRAG_WALLPAPER.png

I might as well make a wallpaper in the style of @ferrari gt . This one was inspired by the Mini Cooper wallpaper set at Trial Mountain. That wallpaper however, is a total lie to what Gran Turismo 2 looks like. That's why I made this one, to sum up Gran Turismo 2's weird side.

Yes, HKS Drag 180SX and HKS Drag Skyline R33 battle it out on the long straights of Test Course, while a Mine's Lancer Evo VI, a 1997 Tommykiara R (R33), a Tom's T020, and a Tom's Altezza struggle to keep up with them. Wierd.

titlecard.png

This is the main menu screen from the demo versions, modified to look a bit more like the final product.

Also, that Honda S2000 is nowhere else to be found in the game manual whilst the Altezza, the Skyline, the RX-7, and whatever car is behind it are able to be seen in the game manual. This is from an NSTC-U trial version, hence the logo being different.

Since nobody who lives in the US is a Gran Turismo fan, I am probably one of the first to attempt to recreate a .png of the US verision of the GT2 logo. And, it's transparent!

gran-turismo-2-logo.png

It's not the best quality, so I will touch it up later...

Worst stereotype ever. Sorry if that's offensive.

I live in the US and I like Gran Turismo, and there are probably many more that are on the same boat, even if they vigorously defend it.

That's okay, it was a joke ;)

It's true there are many GT fans, but I think most are interested into the latest game, are they? I've only seen 3 good reviews on this game and it's kind of confusing to understand why...:( There are so many other games that get more reviews than GT... But why?

I think if PD put in cockpit view in GT1/2 it would look better than that. I mean NFS II had cockpit view and that looked like this:

hqdefault.jpg

Granted, NFS only had 10 cars or so compared to 140+ for GT1, but a lot of cars have similar interiors anyway (Skylines, Miatas, GTOs, NSXs, etc).

I think if PD put in cockpit view in GT1/2 it would look better than that. I mean NFS II had cockpit view and that looked like this:

hqdefault.jpg

Granted, NFS only had 10 cars or so compared to 140+ for GT1, but a lot of cars have similar interiors anyway (Skylines, Miatas, GTOs, NSXs, etc).

Not Likely. The interior you're showing is a bunch of high-resolution(by old standarts) pictures,and basically,they weight a lot and need more vram,GT already has pushed PS1 to the limits,so low-poly 3d interior with just a couple of little textures would do the trick back in the day

I know most of these are from Gran Turismo 1 dealership menus but making a new thread for a couple images would be unnecessary.

Couldn't get a 90's specific Dodge Ram logo for this, or a HD image of the dealership's engine shot of the Dodge Viper GTS, so I used this image from the internet assuming it was an official press/brochure image. And just learned that The New Dodge logo or whatever you call it is actually in Times New Roman.

DODGE_1.png

High Definition version of the Chevrolet Dealership image. Had to rip the Chevy logo from the game since NOBODY had this logo up on Google.

CHEVROLET_1.png

Finally, something that used all HD images!

ACURA-HONDA_2.png

Same thing, but with no blur and smaller logos.

ACURA-HONDA.png

The only image here that had one source-the game itself! Just fixed the aspect ratio since I run my games in 16:9 (cause I like it that way) and edited the image a bit.

MAZDA Dealership - Gran Turismo 1.png

Wasn't exactly what you usually see here but hopefully I can get myself to do some gameplay 'shots soon!

Mind if I share some of my own? My takes on what some cut dealers could've looked like.

You guys probably know by now, Ford was meant to be divided into US Ford, EU Ford and Mercury.

USF.png

The Ford dealer in South City has a picture of the Ka, an European model (at least its internal name, 'efkan', suggests that). Since this is supposed to be US Ford, I replaced it with a Mustang. The manufacturer races are also based on Euro models, so they were taken to the appopriate subsidiary.

EF.png

For EU Ford I just replaced the description with something that suited the Cologne-based company better. If this was to be included in the final game, it would be found in North City (unlike that early screenshot that had it placed in West City).

Mercy.png

My take on Mercury. Not much to be seen here, if this was to be included it would sit between the Lister and Vector dealers in terms of relevance.

Small bonus:

Race%2BEntry.png

Something I made a while ago. A remake of a screenshot from the User Manual. I'd dig an early build with such menus!

More Than I Can Take.png
YOUARETHEREALDRIVINGSIMULATOR.png
The New Dodge.png
Copperwater Revival.png
TAKUMI!!!.png
Kicking The Barrel.png
Glitterball.png
After the Rich Kid.png
Pro Hatuh.png
real driving simulator.png
psx12.png
Violent Words.png