THE GRAND TOUR! MONDAY EVENINGS! 7:30ET/00:30GMTOpen 

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 259 comments
Well, I loused up Sierra pretty bad. So much for that being my track. The MR-2 is a good city car. I just wish I had remembered to change the final gear ratio before Tokyo. I can't get out of my own way I guess. Next week though... next week winning is based on non-driving criteria, and I've got all sorts of ideas for winning there. My cars may be at the back of the pack, but I intend to win and win big! @Lilium @Benny44 @BenMillard.

Ugly car contest...I might actually take a break from the event that week. We'll see. It's a very late night for me to attend so it might be time for a normal Monday night anyway.

All the best with it!

How about short tracks the week after? Including Eiger and Matterhorn. In low pp race and rally cars?

Sorry @BenMillard - I didn't think it would be up your alley, but it's something I did a few years back on Forza 4, and wanted to re-create here in GT6. The biggest downfall for this is there is no livery editor. It was fun to do things like make cars look rusted out and put a now-defunct faded old business name on it. Or make a truck and put Larry's towing - you get the picture. As for your idea for next week, I think it sounds great!

Anyway, this can be anything each person deems ugly - you don't have to even paint it, although that may help your case for ugliest car:lol:. I'm going to try and pick out some a wide assortment of tracks - short, long, bad weather, etc. So if anyone has any suggestions, let me know. I'm going to try and make this night a little more of a return to casual. I'm going to switch boost from low to high, and, for the first time, I want to allow NOS. People have varying opinions about this, but I want to see how it works out, since it is always prohibited:guilty:.

A couple other things about the upcoming week - I'm going to just put about 5 short races on the docket (last Monday was a bit late for my other half after I told her I should be done in an hour and a half:crazy:), and we're going to do another snow course - the one we did was quite memorable I think.

Anyway, let me hear those track suggestions! And any others you want to throw my way!:gtpflag:

Short track ideas:
  • Eiger Nordwand Short Track / Forward
  • Grand Valley East Section either way
  • Madrid Short rarely used
  • Route 5 Clubman / Forward
  • Autumn Ring Mini either way
  • Matterhorn Short Track basically a wonky square with elevation
  • Suzuka West Course rarely used and too dangerous for WTCC until safety changes a few years back
  • Motegi West feels like a Driving Mission challenge, pure driving technique and long braking zones for overtaking
400pp CS is viable for old FR rally cars and modern FF cup cars. A few down-to-earth tuner cars and the old Pajero, maybe? Alfa TZ2 zagato as well? Most can tune up to 450pp but no higher than that, or the 500pp 'ringers' might detune and displace the minnows we are seeking out.

430pp is used in Normal Car events as a compromise but unusual performance levels mean more tuning time.

If we keep CS tyres, people should use the garage custom filter options not the eligible car filter. Even the rally cars have RH standard.

Last edited:
The Alfa Zagato - my favorite car to drive in the game. That certainly won't be in this week's race:lol:. I'll give those tracks a try next week:tup:.

This week I want to do one or two proper race tracks, a snow rally, a through-the-night race (with time sped all the way up), and a bad weather run. Anyone with suggestions on this week that might fall under those categories, let me know

Proper tracks and ideas for that brief:

Suzuka 2014 complete mix of corners and bendy acceleration zones
Fuji Speedway (with wiggles for drama or without them to avoid massive arm-twirling with your wheels)
Tsukuba is over-used but does suit small, low pp cars...even if they are ugly!
Silverstone Stowe Circuit is rarely used and great for low pp racing
Spa through the night can look pretty, only need 15-30x time for a 8-12 minute dusk to dawn race?
Chamonix Main was huge fun in the muscle car week!

Thanks! The two I was quite sure of were Spa and Chamonix. I've never been a fan of snow racing on GT games, but that track is nice and fast - feels almost out of control going down that hill. And Spa has a pretty cool feeling at night. I love the feeling you get when the dawn breaks.

So those are two we'll be doing. One track we haven't done is probably the most famous of all - Nurburgring Nordschleife (spelling?). That track with a just a little rain - we're not going to make it too hard - will be fun. A short track, like Stowe Circuit, would be good and maybe one more interesting track that is rarely used - maybe a different variation of Cape Ring from what we did a couple weeks ago.

So in summary - Spa, Chamonix, Nurburgring, Cape Ring(shorter version) and Stowe(although I may change that to one we haven't done).

Not to be too long-winded, but I wanted to run one thing by everyone @BEllis7979 @Lilium and, if you happen to show up, @BenMillard. I would like your opinions on who has the ugliest car/cars on Monday night. I want to have a mini tournament to spice things up a bit. I'll post a point system for racing and ugly cars - I'll give an award for each, and combine those two for the overall 'ugly' champion! (Not sure if winning that is desirable or not:lol::crazy:) I don't normally want to keep track of points, but for this we will make an exception since it is very light hearted

The nurb with light rain, around 20h-20:30h is a peach.
But for a specific circuito to be ran... Perhaps motegi. Its rarely raced, but its pretty fun. And wide enough for all of us. At dusk is pretty stunning

Pretty sure I won't be there for the ugly cup. Need to buy a laptop and transfer my GTA5 progress before the window closes near the start of March.

@Lilium Do you have a preference for Motegi? We can do whatever one you like - I'll replace Stowe with it. @BEllis7979 - Is there a track you'd like in place of Cape Ring? The other 3 I think I'll keep. It should be a fun night - we'll schedule these 5 races and try to get started right away. I'd like to be done in an hour and a half. If anyone wants to keep the night going afterwards, great! Maybe you'll be able to stay for all the races Bellis:P

@Benny44, Nope. I like Cape Ring. I also like the idea of the tournament for this coming week. Just as an aside, Do you guys @Lilium, @reefer, @BenMillard know whether you need to be in a detailed car to have access to things like custom wings and such? I'm not asking for me, I'm asking for a friend...

It's a bit random. Nearly all cars can get the generic and custom wings. Generally, the detailed "premium" models get a special wing and aero kit, maybe flat floor and you can also put a racing number on them.

Racing cars usually can't have their parts changed. Base models can be resprayed, change number and wheels. Ferrari 250 GTO can be resprayed. Some of the Tuner Cars can be resprayed with number and wheels, too.

You can use this fan-made GT6 car search to find all the cars with any particular feature you want. "Changeable number" for example is a tick box in the search.

Last edited:
I hope your 'friend' can find the right wing and car combo :lol: @BEllis7979. I second everything Mr.Millard said.

I don't have much experience getting pics off of PS3, but from what I remember it's not too hard. And I think we can pull pics from the replays (just have to remember to save the replay:banghead:). Hopefully we can get some ehm...good...pictures of these cars. Car beauty is a lot in the eye of the beholder, but ugliness in a car is a little more universal.

I also think I'm going to switch it to 425pp to keep us from running the same cars all the time - unless someone objects because they have their cars ready.Ill post the track list and order later today! I might do a bit of practicing, so if you see me on there, check the club lobby if you want to join in. Although my cars will probably have just primer on to avoid spoilers for the race:lol::yuck:

Pictures are easy to take. toke them on the game, go to gallery, and export to the system. from there, you can do it to a hard drive, psp, mem card, usb stick, etc

Already Have a prowler painted and winged, and thinking of bringing a 3rd car. perhaps a 4th too. ITs really hard for me, because there's few cars I think that are really ugly. only cars that don't appeal me, for various points, not just aesthetics

@Lilium thanks for the advice. I had done it once before, but quite a while ago. As for the cars - yes, there are cars that don't appeal to each of us. One of my cars may upset people, but it's one I've really disliked for a long time - the Trans Am. But after what I've done to it, even it's mother wouldn't love it:lol:.

You can dress up any car that you dislike to make it ugly, we won't judge;). Unfortunately, I couldn't get the Veyron down to a low enough pp:boggled:.

I don't like the trans am either. but maybe that's because i'm not american. I struggle to like some cars that have a cult behind them. the mustang is an example of that.

And I can't get a gallardo low enough too, I think

Haha @Lilium I think we have similar tastes! Although I don't mind the Gallardo. I'm not a big American car fan, especially entries from Chevy and Ford (although I tend to have a soft spot for Dodge). I do like classic muscle though:)

So, I took a drive on some Motegi and Cape Ring tracks. I think we'll do Cape Rimg inside and Twin Ring Motegi East. Cape ring is quite nice, and lots of overtaking spots. Motegi seems like it'll be competitive too

EDIT: @BenMillard I changed my club settings to public, so it should be easy to find it and invite people. Also, track schedule is up on post 2!

Last edited:
That's too bad @Lilium. Maybe next week - we're going to be running some little race/rally cars, so it should be fun!

I haven't posted many pics on here before, I'm pulling some from the races right now, so they won't be as good as more experienced user's pics. But I'll do my best.

Anyone can vote on ugliness - just PM what you think once the pictures are up. Remember to take into consideration everything - color, style, etc. And also rank each car in the race in order since points will be awarded to all participants. I'll put that together with the results and declare an overall champion. Then we'll know who has the most awful taste:lol:.

EDIT - I realized later that I used the wrong Chamonix - we did do Main with the muscle cars, and it was great fun! @BenMillard

Just trying to remember which race you wanted the replay from?

Funny night of racing. I sent some eleventh hour invites through the GT6 Community system to friends. A few actually joined in! @Draggon is G_Asher but expr999 was a random who found us as it was a public club room. So were @Dopabaz and the very NOS-happy leieboeren72! By the way, I was able to invite them directly to the club as you made the club public. 👍

After @Benny44 hit the hay, we hit the sand for two races around Laguna Seca. leieboeren72 itchy nitrous finger worked great in the 2 lap opening race but he ran out in the 4 lap second race.

We then did a 4 lap race of Matterhorn Short Track followed by an 8 lap race there. This format seems to work well. You can initially tune and test within a few minutes very comfortably. In effect the first race (just over 2 minutes with 30 second laps) can act as a race simulation run. It lets you dial in for the longer race; a whopping 4 minutes for 8 laps.

Reverse Grid Based On Previous Result should be our default: it creates a lot more racing. It isn't very entertaining for a platinum driver like @PASM to drive lights-to-flag by 2 seconds a lap every race - he loves wheel to wheel excitement as much as we do!

Short tracks look like being extremely fun next week. :D

As my guess tunes worked out so well for a few cars (Chevrolet SSR pickup truck in particular!) I want to start using the 'Resources' section here to publish them properly. But I'm currently trying to buy a new laptop before March so that's my priority. (Although I'm not sticking to it that well, as I appeared in this event!)

EDIT: I see @8l23ub (PSN: bl23ub) has joined the club now.

Last edited:
@BenMillard The race I didn't get was Chamonix. It was a fun night, I'll talk more about it when I put the pics up later. If you get a chance, it might be just as easy for you to post pics from that race rather than sending things to me first. Even one shot at the start that shows all the cars would work. Or a few, whatever you want to do:gtpflag:

Thanks again for the invite @BenMillard . Last night was a blast. Very close racing with battles all the way to the finish. You guys are quite the clean group of racers, there was very minimal contact all evening. I race each week with the "beater or sleeper,-car of the week" group, but they do not allow tuning, so I enjoyed the change of pace with this gang. And nitrous certainly spices things up!

Sadly I got booted after the second round at Laguna, then the cat threw up, so I got busy and didn't rejoin. I'm looking forward to next week.

A couple of pics from Cape Ring. Entering the last turn, last lap, first through third place. Ben's got the lead and held it till the end. 👍👍

dRFFYuIrTJ1RcUZj1_0.jpg

And this is how close the finish was. I'm in the Clio, just edging out @cubsalltheway11 thanks to NOS!

hbhkGKpBPLaKCOMH_0.jpg

Thanks for the pics @Draggon! Glad you could join and looking forward to seeing you next week hopefully. It should be a fun week with some very quick and good handling little rigs! But, as for last night, here are my poor first attempts at taking race pics. You might be able to guess the track....

Me in my...interesting....Trans Am
This may not qualify for ugly
Ben Millard gets a little sideways
Well, it's ugly if you don't like gold
And this one deserves two pics (someone forgot to tell Brad we weren't racing on a lake)
Here are the results of Spa overnight

Ben Millard - Chevy SSR
cubsalltheway - S2000
flatpick slim - Lotus Elise
Bic44 - Trans Am
Bellis - Schwimwagen

Then we moved on to Twin Ring Motegi East Course - it can be punishing if you completely miss your braking points!

All set to go!
@BenMillard and flatpick-slim with an epic battle of these pure racing machines Is that Mr.Millard drifting a Daihatsu Midget?
Me in my very un-color coordinated Audi
@Draggon with his stylin' Mitsubishi
And this car, while maybe not considered the ugliest, it is most definitely the most ridiculous.....5 bonus points to you @BEllis7979 for embracing this challenge even if you had to do it in slow vehicles! And a big Thank you from me!

And here are the results
cubs - Mitsubishi Mirage(pink)
Bic44 - Audi A2
Ben Millard - Midget
flatpick-slim - Honda Fit
Bellis - Daihatsu Midget

Time for the Grand-Daddy of difficult, fast courses - Nurburgring Nordschleife

These next two pics were at the end of the long straight - hair raising to say the least
So, @Draggon is in the pink Mitsubishi, @BenMillard is in the Prowler, Asher is in the Renault Clio, cubs is in the S2000 and I'm in the Mitsubishi Airtek.

funkybuttoms in his Silvia(I believe those are his lights in the first pic)
flatpick-slim got loose and went off at the start of the straight, but managed to make his car uglier from the accident

An eventful last 30 seconds of that race. I mistakenly pulled out in front of Ben Millard right near the end because of a miscalculation. I took a bad line into the turn near the end of the straight and went off immediately after taking the lead...oops
Anyway, here are the results

G_Asher - Renault Sport Clio
cubs - Honda S2000
Nissan Silvia - funkybuttoms
Ben Millard - Prowler
Bic44 - Mitsubishi Airtek
flatpick-slim - SRT4

Sorry, put this one a little out of order

One more set of pictures from Cape Ring- I found this course to be quite fun!

The three of us - Myself, @BEllis7979 and flatpick-slim forgot it wasn't a rally

Ben trying to time travel
Draggon with his Clio
cubsalltheway - but...but...I like this car
And finally @BEllis7979 and I supporting the fight against breast cancer(or pepto-bismal)

And here are the results of this one

Ben Millard - DMC Delorean
G_Asher - Renault Sport Clio
cubs - Honda Civic 1500
Bic44 - Mitsubishi Airtek
flatpick-slim - Fiat Barchetta
Bellis - Mercedes A 160

@Benny44 You're the one who is always doing the heavy lifting my friend. When it was taking a minute for you to get on I went about setting up a room, and I was frustrated 10 seconds into it. Thanks for all your hard work this week and every week. Hello @Draggon. Great job with that Midget @BenMillard! I couldn't get past how much faster yours was than mine.

Back