The Great Project Cars Glitches, Bugs and Errors Thread

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 1,750 comments
Yeah I know there's no separate physics for drifting, hence the quote marks around "drift physics" lol. I'm aware of what goes into set ups in drifting, I know a couple of people who compete in our state drift series. Anyway, back to the point, I haven' noticed any changes to the physics in Pcars beyond the tyre heating changes, which are a step back in the right direction, but still a fair way off realistic.

One annoying glitch that reoccurs on the PS4 is that sometimes one of the gameplay sounds (Engine, brakes, etc.) will be abnormally quiet. The only fix I know of so far is to close Pcars and then reopen it.

One annoying glitch that reoccurs on the PS4 is that sometimes one of the gameplay sounds (Engine, brakes, etc.) will be abnormally quiet. The only fix I know of so far is to close Pcars and then reopen it.
I find you can just quit race then reload it to sort those annoying audio bugs out. I never have to relaunch the game unless it had crashed again.

I hadn't had this happen until a couple days ago, one time was in the Ginetta junior and then yesterday was the Clio. I just shut the game off and walked away. Haven't gotten back in the cars to see if was fixed. But I'm sure it was a random problem like the rest of the glitches, bugs, and errors.

Well, for once I have suffered the pit glitch, though I did experience the very same glitch on GT5 and GT6,

I find you can just quit race then reload it to sort those annoying audio bugs out. I never have to relaunch the game unless it had crashed again.
I was trying that yesterday because the engine was very quiet. It wouldn't fix though when I tried reloading the race, changing the car, etc. until I restarted the game itself.

I was trying that yesterday because the engine was very quiet. It wouldn't fix though when I tried reloading the race, changing the car, etc. until I restarted the game itself.

I've had it happen like that too. Even changing cars and tracks doesn't bring the sound levels back in line. I too had to close and restart the game to get it back.

Now that is a beautifully one on the Ring .
How sweet .....pwhoef .

Did the wall by chance look like this?

upload_2016-1-26_16-15-33.png

This morning while doing a hotlap around Nurburgring suddenly the game went to the main screen ( no crass ), than when I pushed the cross button I could go back with my hotlap but my car stood 180° .

Hmmmmm .... You are just doing a online race with your friends :odd:

Ooo boy ;

Now I have just done a race with the AI at Ruapuna (was a good AI race by the way ) in the middle of the race my game went for the first time not to the main screen but to my setup screen :lol: o boy please ...bring me something to drink .

Hmmmmmmm .... Youwhooooo are just racing with your friends online :odd:

Last edited:
This morning while doing a hotlap around Nurburgring suddenly the game went to the main screen ( no crass ), than when I pushed the cross button I could go back with my hotmap but my car stood 180° .

Hmmmmm .... You are just doing a online race with your friends :odd:

Ooo boy ;

Now I have just done a race with the AI at Ruapuna (was a good AI race by the way ) in the middle of the race my game went for the first time not to the main screen but to my setup screen :lol: o boy please ...bring me something to drink .

Hmmmmmmm .... Youwhooooo are just racing with you friends online :odd:
The other night I was driving along, minding my own business, when I felt a short sharp thump in the FFB and the PS home screen appeared. I pressed the home button back to the game and my car was still moving (or rather just about to crash), which was nice.

Not the first time this has happened. You don't even get a chance to pause the game!

Is there a bug with Brands Hatch and the Ruf RGT-8 and fuel loads? I put 12 laps, or what I thought was 12 laps of fuel in, for a 10 lap race and it only lasted 3.5 laps.

Is there a bug with Brands Hatch and the Ruf RGT-8 and fuel loads? I put 12 laps, or what I thought was 12 laps of fuel in, for a 10 lap race and it only lasted 3.5 laps.
You must've spilt some in the garage...

It's like when you fuel for a certain number of laps and end up having way too much, even though it looked right. Welcome to Project CARS lol

The game's estimate of how many laps you'll get with your fuel load is off.
I usually run at least 5 laps to check my fuel usage and then work out my required fuel load myself.

There's a bug that sometimes happens where the setup screen shows the same number for both litres of fuel and laps worth of fuel. So it might have said 12 under laps, but it would have said 12 under litres too, and it's the litres that's correct when this bug happens. It's a real pain when it happens, but if you have any external apps those will still display the right values.

The game's estimate of how many laps you'll get with your fuel load is off.
I usually run at least 5 laps to check my fuel usage and then work out my required fuel load myself.

I use Pcars dash now on my tablet, that shows all the accurate information needed, and doesn't bug out like the game. Still, I always like to give myself a little headroom when it comes to fuel, just to be on the safe side.

I've noticed using the external app, I can properly save fuel during a race, as I did in the bathurst 24hr (reduced to 2 and a half hours). Just by using proper fuel saving techniques, like lifting earlier and coasting deeper into the braking zone, and short shifting in parts of the track where acceleration wasn't critical, I managed to eek out an extra lap at the end of my fuel stint. I didn't have to save fuel all stint or anything, just saving towards the end, when the tyres were going off anyway (tyres had done multiple stints).

Since the latest update. the game is crashing alot for me on ps4.Is anybody else getting this ? or perhaps a solution ? got to the point of going back on star wars

Since the latest update. the game is crashing alot for me on ps4.Is anybody else getting this ? or perhaps a solution ? got to the point of going back on star wars

Seeing a few people saying the same mate. Personally, I'm not getting any more than usual, but the frequency seems to change for different people after some patches. After patch 4.0 I think it was I was getting a crash per hour of gameplay roughly, but that frequency of crashes stopped after the next patch. I've had I think 2 crashes since the 8.0 patch. I think it's just some of us are lucky and some aren't, they seem so random.

To be fair though, this many crashes is unacceptable for any game, let alone one that took four years to make and has been out for what, 8 months or so. It's not good enough.

My crash frequency increased when I installed the Renault DLC and patch 8.0 probably didn't help. Having said that, I've played for about 4 hours these last 2 days and had no crashes at all after suffering 3 in 2 days last week. Welcome to the pCARS crashfest randomizer! Do you feel lucky?

Someone might have planted a random kill routine or intentional code flaw buried deep inside the program /conspiracy theory :lol:
Have you had any problems with your game? Give us your thoughts on the bugs and glitches you've encountered,since the patch.:lol:

Have you had any problems with your game? Give us your thoughts on the bugs and glitches you've encountered,since the patch.:lol:

No, because I don't play it anymore since my mate got rid of it since a few patches ago, he haven't had any crashes on his PS4 since then.

its good to know its not just me, hopefully it will get sorted soon. It certainly isnt acceptable to have this many, but these things really should be tested more by sms. fingers crossed

No, because I don't play it anymore since my mate got rid of it since a few patches ago, he haven't had any crashes on his PS4 since then.
It's great to hear his PS4 doesn't crash. To bad he got rid of the game. So what is your thoughts on the bugs and glitches or the game in general?

It's great to hear his PS4 doesn't crash. To bad he got rid of the game. So what is your thoughts on the bugs and glitches or the game in general?

Honestly, it still worries me, even as patch 8, there are still people reporting random crashes on PS4 and the physics side issue that I really hope gets sorted in Pcars 2.
If I have PS4, I would want to get the game now just for messing around with car setup and it's outcome, do time trials etc, although I really wanted to know what makes some PS4 have crashes more often than others so I can avoid it and the big patches are not exactly good thing for me. How many GB are there now until 8.0 ? With my internet, it would take many hours, maybe more than a day and I don't have unlimited data plan ( patch download costs me money, can be as much as if not more than the price of the game itself ) :( I wish SMS and Bandai Namco would someday release a complete collection disc when all DLC and patches have been rolled out, so we can have the game final state in one single disc.

If I have PS4, I would want to get the game now just for messing around with car setup and it's outcome, do time trials etc, although I really wanted to know what makes some PS4 have crashes more often than others so I can avoid it

I don't think there's anything you can really do to prevent the game crashing. It happens at random, the game just goes unstable and freezes for a moment, which is usually accompanied by a weird glitchy noise and the steering wheel slowly turning to one side, and then the game just crashes back to the PS4 menu. It's not the PS4 itself crashing, the application just closes itself and you're left at an error report screen.

I had the issue a lot with the early versions of the game, up to about patch 5 or 6, and back then my PS4 was new, with hardly anything on it. Now it happens much less frequently for me, and I've put a 2tb hdd in my PS4, and have quite a lot of stuff on it. The issue is definitely a game issue, as it's happened tons of times in Pcars, and the only other game I've had crashes in was a couple of times in Fallout 4. Other than that, I have another 18 or 19 PS4 games, some of which have been played much more than Pcars, that have never crashed.

I think it's just a stability issue with the game, it's basically down to luck how often you see it, and I doubt it'll ever be fixed.

PS4 (Patch 8.0) + Thrustmaster T300RS

Last night I was driving a Ginetta G40 Junior at Oulton Park, trying out my new T300RS with different set-ups, etc. Out of nowhere, the wheel went crazy and the game simply crashed and the screen went black. Later, an error message came up.

Was this wheel-related? I was only playing for a few minutes... And I've played for about 15 hours of the game before, using a DS4, and never had a problem.

I've never had a full on blackscreen crash like that on a console before...

Last edited:
PS4 (Patch 8.0) + Thrustmaster T300RS

Last night I was driving a Ginetta G40 Junior at Oulton Park, trying out my new T300RS with different set-ups, etc. Out of nowhere, the wheel went crazy and the game simply crashed and the screen went black. Later, an error message came up.

Was this wheel-related? I was only playing for a few minutes... And I've played for about 15 hours of the game before, using a DS4, and never had a problem.

I've never had a full on blackscreen crash like that on a console before...
It's not your wheel or your console. It's the game, just expect it periodically to happen. I just hope it doesn't happen to ya in a good race your having with other racers. That's when it really gets annoying.

This just happened in our weekly league race.
We were driving the Lotus 72D at Imola. Start time of the race was 13H00.
There were 2 weather slots going from clear to random. The race was 1 hour long and weather progression was set to 2x.

During the race the weather changed from clear to fog with rain.
The track became completely wet and the track temperature dropped from 42C to 23C.

Some guys pitted and changed to wets while others decided to brave a few more laps on the slicks.

Well, the guys on the slicks were way faster than those on the wets for the full duration of the rain.
They just stayed on the slicks.
The wet tyres overheated and just had no grip.
The guys who had changed to wets pitted in the rain and changed back to slicks to be competitive.

Surely this is not correct? I would have expected the guys on slicks to be sliding all over once the track was completely wet.

This just happened in our weekly league race.
We were driving the Lotus 72D at Imola. Start time of the race was 13H00.
There were 2 weather slots going from clear to random. The race was 1 hour long and weather progression was set to 2x.

During the race the weather changed from clear to fog with rain.
The track became completely wet and the track temperature dropped from 42C to 23C.

Some guys pitted and changed to wets while others decided to brave a few more laps on the slicks.

Well, the guys on the slicks were way faster than those on the wets for the full duration of the rain.
They just stayed on the slicks.
The wet tyres overheated and just had no grip.
The guys who had changed to wets pitted in the rain and changed back to slicks to be competitive.

Surely this is not correct? I would have expected the guys on slicks to be sliding all over once the track was completely wet.
That's funny, because I swear on the Toyota GT-86, the sports hards feel more grippy than wets in the rain.

Back