The Great Project Cars Glitches, Bugs and Errors Thread

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 1,750 comments
The expression 'half-baked' comes to mind. I have now quit playing the game permanently. My last straw occurred online. In an attempt to defeat trolling I created a number of sessions on rarer used tracks with hard to handle cars with all aids off figuring they would be too busy spinning out to take ME out. Well I still got taken out so much I couldn't even qualify and also came last in all the ensuing demolition derbies. This kb shortcut 'feature' would help explain that.

PS4 (Patch 8.0) + Thrustmaster T300RS

Last night I was driving a Ginetta G40 Junior at Oulton Park, trying out my new T300RS with different set-ups, etc. Out of nowhere, the wheel went crazy and the game simply crashed and the screen went black. Later, an error message came up.

Was this wheel-related? I was only playing for a few minutes... And I've played for about 15 hours of the game before, using a DS4, and never had a problem.

I've never had a full on blackscreen crash like that on a console before...
Had another one of these. But this time the wheel got stuck to one side, an incredible force still trying to push it further (it was hitting the lock already).

After restarting everything, and a few hours later, the wheel started making some weird noises and trembling when using the Audi A1 Quattro. Closed the game, restarted everything and then it was fine again.

I fear this game will kill my T300RS.

Reading through this thread :scared: But i yet to experience a glitch/bug in my game.. Guess i'm one of the lucky one chosen to never suffer a glitch in PC :P:D
Same here mate. I had a few minor bugs on PS4.
Now on PC - over 350 hrs - not even one "bug" (apart from the Falcon V8 having no gauges. It has a Motec display on the wheel, but - different from others cars - it does not show this wheel immobile, it just does not show). This is driving in cockpit view, wheel and drivers arms disabled..

Did anyone here ever stop only to refuel without changing tyres and noticed something weird? The following happened to me:

I was doing a 2 hour race with the Alpine A430 LMP2 car at Nürburgring GP in the evening/night. To make it to the end, 2 stops for refueling were required. I went in after about 30 minutes for my first pit stop. My tyres were still good so I decided to not change them, just refueling. After I went out again and did a couple of laps I noticed my tyres being significantly hotter than they were before. Before, they were about 80-85 °C hot, after it was 100-110 °C. Accompanied by the suddenly much hotter tyres, I could go much faster, my lap times dropped by 1.5 seconds and I had noticably more grip. I am not sure if this is simply due to the tyres being closer to the optimal temperature window (probably in some part it is) or if there is some other magic going on.
After a great stint with 40 minutes to go, I went in for my second stop, this time I was changing my tyres. And guess what, everything reverted back to normal again. The tyres were 80-85 °C hot, as hot as in the beginning, and I couldn't match my previous lap times anymore.

So my thoughts on this:
#1: It could be simply a bug.
#2: When you enter the pits, you can select one of the pit strategies you made. And out of those, one is usually set as the default one. Now it could be the case that when pitting without changing the tyres, the tyre pressures will still be adjusted according to the pit stratgy which is selected as default. My tyre pressures have been set in the area of 1.50-1.60 bar. So maybe, the default strategy, which was automatically selected when I entered the pits, had the pressures lower than that which then causes the tyre temps to rise. Sadly I didn't think of that in time, so I could check the pressures before and after pitting.

I will do some additional testing on this issue and will watch the tyre pressures closely and if the pressures will be adjusted even when tyres aren't changed.

I just remembered a strange glitch that happened to my friend whilst playing my game a couple of night ago. He basically crashed just near the pit lane entrance (Laguna Seca) and as he was spinning out the pit command box thingy appeared but instead of the game forcing your car into the pit lane, the car ended up back on the track, and after cancelling the pit box icon the AI took control of his car and we watched it drive the rest of the race. It actually drove really well.

It was as if the game knew to take control of the player car for the pits but kept driving anyway when the pit process didn't start. I half expected the AI to simply drive pit-speeds around the track but instead he was properly racing, making moves n' all.

Sometimes these crazy glitches are quite entertaining, although we weren't exactly sober. Anyone else had this happen?

I just remembered a strange glitch that happened to my friend whilst playing my game a couple of night ago. He basically crashed just near the pit lane entrance (Laguna Seca) and as he was spinning out the pit command box thingy appeared but instead of the game forcing your car into the pit lane, the car ended up back on the track, and after cancelling the pit box icon the AI took control of his car and we watched it drive the rest of the race. It actually drove really well.

It was as if the game knew to take control of the player car for the pits but kept driving anyway when the pit process didn't start. I half expected the AI to simply drive pit-speeds around the track but instead he was properly racing, making moves n' all.

Sometimes these crazy glitches are quite entertaining, although we weren't exactly sober. Anyone else had this happen?
I had the exact same thing happen to me tonight. I came in too fast for the pit stop at Azure circuit in a Formula B. Did not end up in the pitlane but the AI took control of the car and finished the race.

I had the exact same thing happen to me tonight. I came in too fast for the pit stop at Azure circuit in a Formula B. Did not end up in the pitlane but the AI took control of the car and finished the race.
I hope he didn't let you down!

Wow you lucky he didn't just pit again the next lap and leave you stuck there until the race was over forcing you to restart...
When I initially started playing Pcars, I had 'Allow restarts' turned off. Soon realised that its best to just leave that option on :lol:
I wonder if anyone is brave enough to disable restarts?
I am forced to restart on plenty occasions. Stuck in the pits, FFB Grinding, game freezes, landmines, just to name a few.

When I initially started playing Pcars, I had 'Allow restarts' turned off. Soon realised that its best to just leave that option on :lol:
I wonder if anyone is brave enough to disable restarts?
I am forced to restart on plenty occasions. Stuck in the pits, FFB Grinding, game freezes, landmines, just to name a few.

I pre-ordered the game to get the Disable Restarts DLC bonus item.. Which was a titanium controller... It still broke :mad:

Hi guys,
been playing for a while on PS4 with G29. I like the game (played previousle only GT6 for 3 years) but they are two twings that bug me - are all the AI cars covered with superglue so with the slightest contact you connect like train wagons to them? The other one again AI - why are they so aggressive and crashing into me in mid-turn sometimes?

Hi guys,
been playing for a while on PS4 with G29. I like the game (played previousle only GT6 for 3 years) but they are two twings that bug me - are all the AI cars covered with superglue so with the slightest contact you connect like train wagons to them? The other one again AI - why are they so aggressive and crashing into me in mid-turn sometimes?
Yes, they're overly sticky (it's here to stay at least in pCARS1) and yes, they do like to make crazy dive bombing moves. Try some open wheeler racing, only then will you know true pain...

Hi guys,

...because they programmed to do that and ain't nothing gonna change it..forget all you learned in the gran turismo lessons..break late on the inside and hussle..

Hi guys,
The bugs are so random. Different bugs seem to affect everybody differently. In almost 180 hours of game play, I have yet to come across this sticky car bug. Fingers crossed that I won’t experience this bug.
The one that bothers me the most is the grinding FFB.
The AI get more aggressive the higher you set the AI difficulty. They start acting weirdly and will cut corners and dive bomb you. The AI at the same difficulty level behave differently across the car classes.

So I just finished a online race with GT3 cars at Laguna Seca and strangely after the checkered flag, nothing happens. The timer reaches zero but the results don't show up. Its not until two people leave that then the results do show up.

Past few days while racing in career in the GT3 euro championship, I have come across some mines which spring my car up into the air of about 10 feet and invisible walls which stop me standing.

Past few days while racing in career in the GT3 euro championship, I have come across some mines which spring my car up into the air of about 10 feet and invisible walls which stop me standing.
You're obviously too good a driver and this is how the game compensates to give the AI a chance. I'm sure it's all completely intentional from the devs...
lol.

You're obviously too good a driver and this is how the game compensates to give the AI a chance. I'm sure it's all completely intentional from the devs...
lol.

Oh cmon it's obvious that the devs programmed the ai like they did to make the transition from solo to online play as seamless as possible. Regarding the sudden impact glitches maybe they are just preparing us for the next game.. Pcars 2.... Rally stages set in current and historical war zones...

iam sick of this game, it constantly crashes on ps4, i thought with patch 9.0 they would resolve these issues, simply not good enough ! i cant wait for f1 2016 to come out, ive had it with project cars

iam sick of this game, it constantly crashes on ps4, i thought with patch 9.0 they would resolve these issues, simply not good enough ! i cant wait for f1 2016 to come out, ive had it with project cars

I quit the game two weeks ago after completing all events. I DO miss the driving a lot, but not all the hoops you have to jump through to get your car on the right track at the right event in the first place.

If it was more user friendly I could forgive SOME of the bugs.

"All unlocked from the start" - just aint true...every single invitation has to be earned by winning an event.
When you unlock the invitation you can only play it once a year during a long, painful, buggy career season.

If I could enter any invitation at any time WITHOUT having to repeat a career AND the online was bulletproof and troll free I would still be playing.

I noticed that patch 9 was installed, but didnt load it up - my wheel is staying in the cupboard. Read the notes though - nice that cosmetics and sound are still priorities...bugs with individual cars was not a problem for me..just use a different car..bugs with the game that affect ALL cars, events and driving? I have to use another game - like you said F1 is onmy target list. Will they get it right? Please guys..I want my cars to crash not my console...

I started the following thread on the official forums - I wanted to make a fairly well-written positive contribution to getting a major bug fixed, and a couple of minor ones, and offered to help even myself. Within a day it was moved to a far less conspicuous place below a related but very minor post...seems any criticism of the New Order of vehickle sims will get you labeled as a traitor, or ignored which is worse.

ORIGINAL POST ON OFFICIAL FORUM
Now moved to:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40640-Changing-steering-ratios&referrerid=128681

Prefix:
I think what SMS/WMD have produced with Project Cars is amazing, innovative and frankly jaw-dropping so often, and have been enjoying it immensely even with a number of issues, large and small. I dont think there's a forum in the world I havent scoured for an answer to every one of them. Although a newcomer to these forums I reckon Im fairly expert in reading and understanding most of the major gripes and genuine complaints people have had about the game. One things sure though, anyone trouncing this game as unplayable would probably stare at our amazing sun without shades on (it burns!) or walk in a thunderstorm without an umbrella (its wet!). I could go on here, but if you like driving cool cars, fast and pushing them to the edge against 'challenging' (chose that word carefully) AI on accurate world tracks in realistic (and realistically annoying) weather conditions you should find something to love here. It's not everything for everybody but it hits that sweet spot for so many in so many ways. IMO!

Version PS4 v7(+8). Logitech G29 Wheel/Pedals. Pcars Dash Telemetry.

My MAJOR problem (bug/glitch?)....

AT LEAST ONE TUNE SETTING IS NEVER APPLIED TO CAR UNTIL AFTER GAME REBOOT
(This small but important find may have had devastating effects on all my cars tuning/handling in the past.)

I can state as an absolute proven/tested fact that when I change the steering ratio in the car setup it is NOT applied until after I exit the session, then the game and restart the game and session. It is then working fine. The PS4 itself does not need to be rebooted just Pcars (I have tested this also). It is a very obvious setting to change and test the results. I have ONLY tested/confirmed this one setting so cant confirm any others suffer from this bug/glitch (cannot be deliberate software behavior). However, once I nailed this problem down I remembered all the awful under-steering I had when I tried different cars out when starting the game, never being satisfied with each and moving on to others. Multiple posts on internet forums complain about under-steer in Pcars or awful handling even after tuning. If any of these people had tried to lower their steering ratio and noticed no difference they may have messed around with other tuning settings (I certainly did). Once getting the car to steer well, exiting the game and starting again with the same car the correct altered steering ratio suddenly kicks in and COMBINED with the users other steering tweaks makes the car undriveable in a straight line, spinning out at the slightest wheel or pedal input (Lord help controller users). This would also explain the huge amount of OVERSTEER twitch handling problems people have reported.
Although it is only happening to ME on MY PS4 with MY wheel, I have tested this extensively and after completing every tier of the career (except LMP2 doing that today) this is proven without any doubt at all. On a PC I would re-install the software but surely the PS4 does not have conflicting driver/config file issues? Should I re-install again? (already done once)
To be absolutely sure of this issue, I have changed the steering ratio from normal to absolute lowest in multiple cars, which should produce open-wheel like behavior. NO change shows at all during driving until after the reboot when the car responds very quickly and precisely to every wheel movement (the way I need it so I never select downshift instead of up with the paddle shifters anymore!)
I mentioned this last point on another forum and it was suggested my wheel calibration was at fault. This is definitely not the issue and would only serve to further mask the problem (like desperately tightening springs, changing brake balance etc did before). Wheel calibration is actually handled by the API I understand, direct X in Windows and whatever its called in the PS4. When the system is turned on the wheel spins/calibrates NOT when the game is started. The calibration IN game is to check all is working fine and to allow the user to make changes that suit his/her style. Like making 360 degrees emulate 720 in the actual game world car wheel. This WOULD work with the problem above but only temporarily. During the current game session the car would steer differently (but only tighter as you cannot emulate the other way ie 720 degrees your wheel = 360 degrees car and why would you…?). However as soon as you loaded the game up again bingo your new steering ratio works and now your wheel calibration is messed up (causing massive oversteering once more). If you needed to change your wheel calibration when you changed the steering ratio then you would need to do this EVERY time you changed car too, as each one has different steering ratios. No-one would tolerate this in 2016, its not like the nineties when you would need to edit a text file to config your hardware BEFORE you loaded a game…
If this issue is happening on MY PS4, then Murphy's law states it is almost certain to be occurring on at least ONE other person's too, and quite possibly EVERY PS4/Pcars (G29) install?
Changing a setting in the tuning menu should take place immediately when you drive in that session or else it should NOT be there, but in another place such as My Garage, and if rebooting the game is a requirement for the change to be applied it should state a reboot is required after making that change, like Windows programs often used to ask you to do. I cannot believe Pcars writes to/controls wheel hardware directly as this would be against a whole number of software licences...and bypasses the PS4 API so closely guarded by Sony (sympathy to all those G27 owners..)
Would LOVE to be shown as an idiot here..would be the quickest fix of all!

MINOR issue(s) (game design) - only here as not worth whines on their own:

DRONING REPETITIVE ENGINE SAMPLES WHILST IN THE PITS (someone else complained about this..doesnt bother me at all but while we there....)
This is explained in qualifying by the fact that all the AI cars will proceed out to the track in an obviously predetermined fashion, with equal short gaps in between. As this is unrealistic and robotic it accounts for the robotic sounding samples...VROOM….WHEEEE...VROOM...WHEEEE...VROOM...WHEEE...etc
A way more serious issue with this method of 'AI pit extraction' is in qualifying itself, especially when combined with fast (more delicate) cars and higher difficulty AI. As AI cars apparently do NOT have to warm up their tires during qualifying they bomb around the track like lunatics whilst I am carefully trying to warm my tires up. On most tight tracks getting around the track for the first lap without receiving any damage from the AI is just, well impossible Im afraid for my limited dodgem car skills (with full damage on). Ive quit many qualifying sessions under a cloud (literally)and gone straight to the race in last place with zero AI difficulty to get around this on multiple occasions.
At the moment I use Pcars dash to show the track and cars on it. I press DRIVE the moment it appears with less than 10ms delay (note there are usually 2 cars ahead of me at this point), then proceed to exit the pits and park on the side of the road whilst I wait for all the cars to pass in exact pinpoint time-spaced precision, literally like a spaced-out train. I then follow behind at a safe distance so I can warm my tires up and qualify at full speed without being taken out by the AI behind (Ive sped up now of course) or encountering slow AI in front.
This approach whilst effective is totally silly and takes all belief away that I may be racing real opponents (although its perfect for lining up that coffee/beer/snack etc).
IF its not easy to force the AI to use cold tires (slowing them down artificially for a lap is a work around but a bodge) then at least could the devs use a random algorithm for their pit exits? That way a gap would appear BEFORE the last of 25 odd cars has passed (good luck at Azure circuit…) and you may for once actually be able to get out on the track FIRST now and then! This would be easy to implement/change surely? For those of us who tune their cars before we drive them a restart would not be required anymore too so we dont run out of time.

Tires wearing down whilst parked?:

As a by product of the above workaround I have discovered possible unrealistic tire modeling? On two occasions I have parked on the side of the track straight after the pits at the start of a session then gone on to another task, come back to the game much later and noticed my tires are down to 10% after an hour or so. Is tire wear directly related to actual rubber/track/distance interaction or a simple time formula? In both cases my mileage was less than 400 yards, and the engine was turned off on the second occasion too. Will test this more as its only in “pcars dash” Android app telemetry that the wear has shown, but am presuming its only reporting the game data it is receiving.
Footnote: just left car in garage during setup in 30 min qualifier did NOT select drive, left game for 3 hours tires on 2% when I got back. In pcars dash...cant check cars telemetry as session over but Ive noticed the tire telemetry still degrades even after session is over (in dash app).

Once again AWESOME sim/game, loving it to death - now back to Zolder after rebooting the game to get correct steering ratio applied. Happens when SAME car (all of them) is used at any DIFFERENT track/config. Once set it remains set for good. A workaround I just thought about would be to change steering in garage BEFORE using car, save to all circuits THEN restart game. Wont work now as it would wipe all my sweet, adorable tunes ;D

I started the following thread on the official forums - I wanted to make a fairly well-written positive contribution to getting a major bug fixed, and a couple of minor ones, and offered to help even myself. Within a day it was moved to a far less conspicuous place below a related but very minor post...seems any criticism of the New Order of vehickle sims will get you labeled as a traitor, or ignored which is worse.

ORIGINAL POST ON OFFICIAL FORUM
Now moved to:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40640-Changing-steering-ratios&referrerid=128681

Prefix:
I think what SMS/WMD have produced with Project Cars is amazing, innovative and frankly jaw-dropping so often, and have been enjoying it immensely even with a number of issues, large and small. I dont think there's a forum in the world I havent scoured for an answer to every one of them. Although a newcomer to these forums I reckon Im fairly expert in reading and understanding most of the major gripes and genuine complaints people have had about the game. One things sure though, anyone trouncing this game as unplayable would probably stare at our amazing sun without shades on (it burns!) or walk in a thunderstorm without an umbrella (its wet!). I could go on here, but if you like driving cool cars, fast and pushing them to the edge against 'challenging' (chose that word carefully) AI on accurate world tracks in realistic (and realistically annoying) weather conditions you should find something to love here. It's not everything for everybody but it hits that sweet spot for so many in so many ways. IMO!

Version PS4 v7(+8). Logitech G29 Wheel/Pedals. Pcars Dash Telemetry.

My MAJOR problem (bug/glitch?)....

AT LEAST ONE TUNE SETTING IS NEVER APPLIED TO CAR UNTIL AFTER GAME REBOOT
(This small but important find may have had devastating effects on all my cars tuning/handling in the past.)

I can state as an absolute proven/tested fact that when I change the steering ratio in the car setup it is NOT applied until after I exit the session, then the game and restart the game and session. It is then working fine. The PS4 itself does not need to be rebooted just Pcars (I have tested this also). It is a very obvious setting to change and test the results. I have ONLY tested/confirmed this one setting so cant confirm any others suffer from this bug/glitch (cannot be deliberate software behavior). However, once I nailed this problem down I remembered all the awful under-steering I had when I tried different cars out when starting the game, never being satisfied with each and moving on to others. Multiple posts on internet forums complain about under-steer in Pcars or awful handling even after tuning. If any of these people had tried to lower their steering ratio and noticed no difference they may have messed around with other tuning settings (I certainly did). Once getting the car to steer well, exiting the game and starting again with the same car the correct altered steering ratio suddenly kicks in and COMBINED with the users other steering tweaks makes the car undriveable in a straight line, spinning out at the slightest wheel or pedal input (Lord help controller users). This would also explain the huge amount of OVERSTEER twitch handling problems people have reported.
Although it is only happening to ME on MY PS4 with MY wheel, I have tested this extensively and after completing every tier of the career (except LMP2 doing that today) this is proven without any doubt at all. On a PC I would re-install the software but surely the PS4 does not have conflicting driver/config file issues? Should I re-install again? (already done once)
To be absolutely sure of this issue, I have changed the steering ratio from normal to absolute lowest in multiple cars, which should produce open-wheel like behavior. NO change shows at all during driving until after the reboot when the car responds very quickly and precisely to every wheel movement (the way I need it so I never select downshift instead of up with the paddle shifters anymore!)
I mentioned this last point on another forum and it was suggested my wheel calibration was at fault. This is definitely not the issue and would only serve to further mask the problem (like desperately tightening springs, changing brake balance etc did before). Wheel calibration is actually handled by the API I understand, direct X in Windows and whatever its called in the PS4. When the system is turned on the wheel spins/calibrates NOT when the game is started. The calibration IN game is to check all is working fine and to allow the user to make changes that suit his/her style. Like making 360 degrees emulate 720 in the actual game world car wheel. This WOULD work with the problem above but only temporarily. During the current game session the car would steer differently (but only tighter as you cannot emulate the other way ie 720 degrees your wheel = 360 degrees car and why would you…?). However as soon as you loaded the game up again bingo your new steering ratio works and now your wheel calibration is messed up (causing massive oversteering once more). If you needed to change your wheel calibration when you changed the steering ratio then you would need to do this EVERY time you changed car too, as each one has different steering ratios. No-one would tolerate this in 2016, its not like the nineties when you would need to edit a text file to config your hardware BEFORE you loaded a game…
If this issue is happening on MY PS4, then Murphy's law states it is almost certain to be occurring on at least ONE other person's too, and quite possibly EVERY PS4/Pcars (G29) install?
Changing a setting in the tuning menu should take place immediately when you drive in that session or else it should NOT be there, but in another place such as My Garage, and if rebooting the game is a requirement for the change to be applied it should state a reboot is required after making that change, like Windows programs often used to ask you to do. I cannot believe Pcars writes to/controls wheel hardware directly as this would be against a whole number of software licences...and bypasses the PS4 API so closely guarded by Sony (sympathy to all those G27 owners..)
Would LOVE to be shown as an idiot here..would be the quickest fix of all!

MINOR issue(s) (game design) - only here as not worth whines on their own:

DRONING REPETITIVE ENGINE SAMPLES WHILST IN THE PITS (someone else complained about this..doesnt bother me at all but while we there....)
This is explained in qualifying by the fact that all the AI cars will proceed out to the track in an obviously predetermined fashion, with equal short gaps in between. As this is unrealistic and robotic it accounts for the robotic sounding samples...VROOM….WHEEEE...VROOM...WHEEEE...VROOM...WHEEE...etc
A way more serious issue with this method of 'AI pit extraction' is in qualifying itself, especially when combined with fast (more delicate) cars and higher difficulty AI. As AI cars apparently do NOT have to warm up their tires during qualifying they bomb around the track like lunatics whilst I am carefully trying to warm my tires up. On most tight tracks getting around the track for the first lap without receiving any damage from the AI is just, well impossible Im afraid for my limited dodgem car skills (with full damage on). Ive quit many qualifying sessions under a cloud (literally)and gone straight to the race in last place with zero AI difficulty to get around this on multiple occasions.
At the moment I use Pcars dash to show the track and cars on it. I press DRIVE the moment it appears with less than 10ms delay (note there are usually 2 cars ahead of me at this point), then proceed to exit the pits and park on the side of the road whilst I wait for all the cars to pass in exact pinpoint time-spaced precision, literally like a spaced-out train. I then follow behind at a safe distance so I can warm my tires up and qualify at full speed without being taken out by the AI behind (Ive sped up now of course) or encountering slow AI in front.
This approach whilst effective is totally silly and takes all belief away that I may be racing real opponents (although its perfect for lining up that coffee/beer/snack etc).
IF its not easy to force the AI to use cold tires (slowing them down artificially for a lap is a work around but a bodge) then at least could the devs use a random algorithm for their pit exits? That way a gap would appear BEFORE the last of 25 odd cars has passed (good luck at Azure circuit…) and you may for once actually be able to get out on the track FIRST now and then! This would be easy to implement/change surely? For those of us who tune their cars before we drive them a restart would not be required anymore too so we dont run out of time.

Tires wearing down whilst parked?:

As a by product of the above workaround I have discovered possible unrealistic tire modeling? On two occasions I have parked on the side of the track straight after the pits at the start of a session then gone on to another task, come back to the game much later and noticed my tires are down to 10% after an hour or so. Is tire wear directly related to actual rubber/track/distance interaction or a simple time formula? In both cases my mileage was less than 400 yards, and the engine was turned off on the second occasion too. Will test this more as its only in “pcars dash” Android app telemetry that the wear has shown, but am presuming its only reporting the game data it is receiving.
Footnote: just left car in garage during setup in 30 min qualifier did NOT select drive, left game for 3 hours tires on 2% when I got back. In pcars dash...cant check cars telemetry as session over but Ive noticed the tire telemetry still degrades even after session is over (in dash app).

Once again AWESOME sim/game, loving it to death - now back to Zolder after rebooting the game to get correct steering ratio applied. Happens when SAME car (all of them) is used at any DIFFERENT track/config. Once set it remains set for good. A workaround I just thought about would be to change steering in garage BEFORE using car, save to all circuits THEN restart game. Wont work now as it would wipe all my sweet, adorable tunes ;D
That's a hell of a lot to read! Can you summarise to save me the time? I'm sure they're all good points but perhaps the mods saw a wall of text and just moved it somewhere far far away.

Mr Tune himself!! Well it was a wall of text as it was originally a new, well researched thread..I needed to explain each problem with the full and conclusive testing I had done to prove it..so I would not be just brushed away. i would post here as a new thread but..I DID kinda want to bury it here unless someone voted it up!
;D
Back then I didnt know the steering ratio was common knowledge and they didnt give a you-know-what...so just skip ahead to where you see MINOR issues...If it would be good protocol to list the above issues here on new threads I would, I just dont want to annoy people with my whining about a game I have walked away from.

Back