The Great Project Cars Whinging and Crying Thread

Butchered? You mean improved :)
Very high speed. Should be a lot of fun in faster cars
ka679v_zps8bab7d3e.jpg
improved ? please dont compare some made up lay out to be better just because in the game .

Here's my one big fat whinge. No Suzuka? Just some butchered version where they took some "artistic license"? WHY!? Just kidding... sort off. I only found out yesterday since I hadn't been keeping an eye on the track list and for some reason I thought the real, original, licensed track would be featuring in the game. Feel much better now.

Is this for real? If so, that's utterly deplorable! Why on earth would they do such a thing?

:yuck: :boggled: :confused: :eek: :ouch: :grumpy: :rolleyes: :crazy: :banghead:

They couldn't get the license for the original track.

If they couldn't get the license then they should've just left it out rather than butcher it into some wierd fantasy/reality amalgam.

:(

from what I've seen Sakitto is pretty much Suzuka apart from the last chicane, the tight hairpin and a few less s-bends at the beginning. and they made the background look better. I'll take that no probs. also there's more than one variation. does Suzuka have more than just the GP track (I genuinely don't know)?

from what I've seen Sakitto is pretty much Suzuka apart from the last chicane, the tight hairpin and a few less s-bends at the beginning. and they made the background look better. I'll take that no probs. also there's more than one variation. does Suzuka have more than just the GP track (I genuinely don't know)?
Yes. GP, east, west.

@forspeedsake it's just my opinion.

IMO, they should have named it totally different, without any resemblance to Suzuka. Just a fantasy track in Japan. Nobody would complain, or does complain in the case of the Gran Tursimo fantasy tracks. They even became classics.

IMO, they should have named it totally different, without any resemblance to Suzuka. Just a fantasy track in Japan. Nobody would complain, or does complain in the case of the Gran Tursimo fantasy tracks. They even became classics.
People would still notice it's a Suzuka substitute. I'm honestly fine with the sakitto, it's really nice.

improved ? please dont compare some made up lay out to be better just because in the game .
Why not? Sakitto:tup:👍 Just did:lol:

I really don't know how anyone can complain about this but I guess people have to have something to complain about. Most of the work is obviously done, why let it go to waste? If the license comes through, voila, instant Suzuka:D

What a weird thread, it's like no one know much of anything about the game to complain.
No upgrading whatsoever
20 or so road cars(with no upgrading)
over reliance on race cars like 80% of the car list
no livery editor on consoles
bias to British cars
having normal cars with no tuning sort of leaves them flat and pointless
paltry manufacturers car list

While I am getting the game I can't help but feel like SMS might have gaffed on the console versions, it's missing things that drew in console racers, regular autos they see on the streets that they could drive, upgrade and tune and drive some more. PC crowd and console crowd are not necessarily the same, sure no tuning mitigates have to do class ratings but it surely makes the races sort of like a copy and paste fest. Grids will look rather mundane with 3 or for regurgitated vehicles in the massive(:cheers:) grids.

Watching streams of the game right now and there are things missing like the pit crew coming later in patch I believe, the game looks great and sounds even better, while this has many things I wanted in other games it omits a massive part of what made the other games stand out. This will be fine for PC players but the console guys will be quite picky about this, fact that it's a sim game with no upgrading anywhere just doesn't seem to make sense at all. Realistic racing but no realistic upgrading or turning your mundane road car into something a little more vicious. I'm pondering getting this on PC and avoid the console version it's a difficult choice but in the US, there is no Limited Edition physical release and the only way to score some absolutely grand cars is the digital download...seriously?!?

I do love the deep racing rules and cautions for an authentic racing feel, but I'm just upset with no upgrading for normal cars, going track days with your sunday best and everyday special with some tweaks and just enjoying the atmosphere and drive. Still though this looks like a very, very good game. 40+ car count just can't be beat, I am going to enjoy the hell out of this and keep eyes out for GT7 to come hard this time(with all the team additions and discoveries made about PD's AES and physics systems). Great time to be a gamer, have a G25 and a wheel for the PS4 will come down to my decision on PC/PS4 Project Cars.

Why not? Sakitto:tup:👍 Just did:lol:

I really don't know how anyone can complain about this but I guess people have to have something to complain about. Most of the work is obviously done, why let it go to waste? If the license comes through, voila, instant Suzuka:D
was not a complaint it was reaction to his statement. just like people saying gt6 tracks are better then real life tracks.
fanboism much .pretty much over a lot people thinking its the second coming .and pointless post . its a game and im sure it will be a good game .but obviously it will also have a lot of flaws they need to iron out.

Maybe they only included "Faux Suzuka" so they could say that the game had 100 tracks for marketing reasons. 100 sounds better than 97 or so.

I guess people are upset with it as Suzuka is a classic world class track, & redesigning it is almost sacrilege to some. Can you imagine the reaction to a "redesigned" Nordschliefe!

VBR
Maybe they only included "Faux Suzuka" so they could say that the game had 100 tracks for marketing reasons. 100 sounds better than 97 or so.

I guess people are upset with it as Suzuka is a classic world class track, & redesigning it is almost sacrilege to some. Can you imagine the reaction to a "redesigned" Nordschliefe!

Give Sakitto a chance to defend itself! :)

I'm sorry but you can't just say because it's a made up track its bad. All tracks were originally made up on a drawing board and then paved into a real track. This track is like that but instead of being paved into a real track, it's paved into a virtual world.

Some people say the original virtual tracks in Gran Turismo are some of the best tracks in the world.

I'm sorry but you can't just say because it's a made up track its bad. All tracks were originally made up on a drawing board and then paved into a real track. This track is like that but instead of being paved into a real track, it's paved into a virtual world.

Some people say the original virtual tracks in Gran Turismo are some of the best tracks in the world.
One of gran turismo's strongest features is it's fictional tracks

If i would be a billionaire i would construct Grand Valley in real life.

Mark my words, Sakitto is massive fun, the fast off camber, undulating left hander instead of the tight hairpin is brilliant. Especially in the faster open wheel cars, the corner bottoms out through the apex, the suspension compression is immense.

Indeed, I massively prefer Sakitto over the real Suzuka just because of that brilliant buttclencher of a curve and the awesome fast final right hander onto the S/F straight. Also the International layout is amazing, it starts on the back straight, goes reverse to the GP track right until that brilliant fictional curve which is just as amazing going down as it is going up over the blind crest. Then to the left up the hill where the hairpin is in real life, towards the final chicane of the real track, down towards Degner and immediately back onto the back straight. Very yummy.

Back