The Great Project Cars Whinging and Crying Thread

VBR
I still can't be bothered to set up the FFB. Too many bewildering options, too much of an effort with all the back & forth testing them. Plus the clipping meter is buggy in my version.

Can't remember my settings off the top of my head (thanks to there being ten million of them), but iirc you have an older Fanatec wheel right? I use a CSR, and I haven't touched the ffb settings since early days with Pcars, and the ffb is the best I have ever experienced (when there's no bugs happening). Just let me know if you want the settings and I'll send 'em to you when I next play. (can't be sure when that'll be, as I have 45 PS4 games and not a lot of time)

Can't remember my settings off the top of my head (thanks to there being ten million of them), but iirc you have an older Fanatec wheel right? I use a CSR, and I haven't touched the ffb settings since early days with Pcars, and the ffb is the best I have ever experienced (when there's no bugs happening). Just let me know if you want the settings and I'll send 'em to you when I next play. (can't be sure when that'll be, as I have 45 PS4 games and not a lot of time)

Thanks Mike, but you already did kindly PM them to me. I haven't got around to updating the firmware on my CSR yet, but will try your settings if & when I do.

:cheers:

VBR
Thanks Mike, but you already did kindly PM them to me. I haven't got around to updating the firmware on my CSR yet, but will try your settings if & when I do.

:cheers:

Ah no worries mate. I knew I'd given them to a couple of people, but forgot who. :dunce:

I feel the way the car transitions to oversteer is far from feeling close to RL. Many times, any input of steering correction (to correct a slide) results in nothing, the car doesn't react. It's as if the physics engine logic goes into executing a code instruction saying: slide and don't allow recovery. I'm using PS4, by the way.

I don't mean to self praise here, but this is relavent to the discussion, I earned first place in GT Academy online final in the middle east 2014. Out of many years in RL and virtual driving I'm confident in my opinion regarding PC. The issue is not lack of driving skill IMHO.

I have this EXACT problem & it's the main reason i cannot enjoy the game. I have the AI set to 70% which is fine but most of the time i cannot compete because the slightest mistake in any corner causing the rear to slide just sends me off track. There is no way to correct the slide even if i'm at full opposite lock & catch the slide early enough the car does not repsond at all. I've never been able to find a fix for this. I use DS4 as i cannot afford a wheel right now.

I have this EXACT problem & it's the main reason i cannot enjoy the game. I have the AI set to 70% which is fine but most of the time i cannot compete because the slightest mistake in any corner causing the rear to slide just sends me off track. There is no way to correct the slide even if i'm at full opposite lock & catch the slide early enough the car does not repsond at all. I've never been able to find a fix for this. I use DS4 as i cannot afford a wheel right now.
I agree that slides in this game are tough to correct, but tuning would certainly get that rear end under control.

For example, I remember first taking the BAC Mono out soon after launch and not being able to keep it on the road at all due to the oversteer, but after some heavy tuning it's now one of my favourite cars to drive.

As for the DS4, you'll find plenty of settings on here from people who play that way which will help too. 👍

Back