The Great Sounds of the Automotive World

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,403 comments
  • 122,705 views
I just found my new favourite thread :drool:























 
Posted in another thread, but it really should be here. Porsche isn't the only one who makes a great sounding H6:

 
Some great NA goodness here.


MPZvideos are awesome!
 
^^ :drool:
its ok. I'm not really a fan of the deep throaty american big blocks. I prefer the higher pitches of the Ferrari's, Zonda's. Music to my ears.
Meh, I don't care much for V12s. Each to their own I suppose.
Ditto. I love the deep throaty sound of American V8's.

Here's a car which should make all of you happy :sly:

What makes the following one so unique is that it is a V12, and has that distinctive exhaust note, but also rumbles like a big-block V8.


And this one, probably the most addictive engine sounds of all time:
 
I love me some high pitched V8 Supercar 5.0L V8 goodness. :drool:

 
I think a good amount of people tend to think all motorcycles sound the same because of the prevalence of 4 cylinder, flat-plane crank superbikes and harleys. So here are some unique and quite intoxicating 2 wheeled instruments of music:

The simply insane Honda RC166. An inline six, in a motorcycle that revs close to 20,000rpm. Think the LF-A revs fast? You have no idea:



More honda 6 cylinder mayhem, this time in the form of the brutal CBX1000. Sounds like a GT3 RS on acid.


sorry both of those videos have terrible audio mixing.

The newer model Yamah R1's have cross-plane 4 cylinder engines, so they sound something like a Nascar V8 revving to 13,000rpm. Awesome.



I always thought the Triumph Speed Triple engine sounded something like a Honda NSX V6:



And my personal favorite bike (I will own one eventually, when my skills are good enough)

 
Last edited:
Have some Matra V12




A BRM V8 to keep the V8 guys happy ;)

 
It's probably been posted here before. But I just can't get enough of this!

 
Might have posted this before but oh well it's awesome, best Porsche racecar and possible best sports racer ever made.



Another fave Group 5 car.

 
Best...motorbike sounds...ever:


This CBX sounds eerily similar to the Matra V12 :eek:
 
I want to take a poked'n stroked CBX1000 engine and put it in an RC51 frame :)
 
^ Similar dream over here, building a bike with a CBX1000 engine would be my lifetime goal:drool: It's a shame the engines are extremely hard to find :mad:



No, that wasn't a Ferrari engine :D
 
All OBCs of Tim Harvey except the crash at the end, which is Rickard Rydell

Video is wrong. It's 1995

 
You must listen to this.
Just amazing :drool::drool::drool:
 
^that sounds really awesome when it turns on

 
If all hybrids sounded like that TS030, I'd buy them without any problems! :p

As for this, if you don't want to watch the whole video, at least watch 9:08


9:08 = the most beautiful thing I've ever heard :drool:
 











 
EARGASM

 


F1 might be quicker but holy cow, dat burnout. Merica.
 
Last edited:

I want to find a REALLY good F50 video, but this will have to do.
 
So for the time being, I'll drop this here for you :D
 
Oh my god that GT F50 sounds amazing!
:bowdown: thankyouthankyouthankyou
 
Back