The Great Sounds of the Automotive World

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,403 comments
  • 122,705 views
Try not to double post. You can put more than one video in a post.
 
V12s are without any doubt the best sounding engines.

More cylinders = more intoxicating. (Ignore the fact that I get all gushy and incoherent over a 3.2L I-6.)
 

How about this.
 
I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Nothing beats the sound of a straight pipe V8 in my opinion.

-Sonny
100% agree with this statement.
 
I disagree



'Dat throttle blip.

Meh. It's raspy and I like that but I don't like the overall sound. It's just not pleasant.
 
I'll raise your Mazda with this.

and this
 
Link didn't work just copy and paste the Html link on the address bar.
 
Old video, so the picture quality is terrible, but the sound is great and the racing is good:



More:









I think I have a Mustang/GT350 problem...

...added to my MKIV/GT40 problem... :sick:
 
Last edited:
I think this sounds awesome, fast too.:D
 
He has some issues on the first few runs, but it still sounds awesome.



Also, over 100psi of boost...
 
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...4-Do-you-know-your-cars-Name-that-engine.html

Interactive quiz, 8 car sounds, 4 supercars, 4 forumla 1s.

I don't follow F1s at all so I was pretty happy to know I guess the V12 Ferrari correctly. And I'll be honest in saying that I played enough Need for Speed to have been able to distinguish the Aston Martin and Bugatti easily.

Not counting the F1s I got 4 out of 4. :) I guessed two of the F1s correctly.

Final score 6/8.
 
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...4-Do-you-know-your-cars-Name-that-engine.html

Interactive quiz, 8 car sounds, 4 supercars, 4 forumla 1s.

I don't follow F1s at all so I was pretty happy to know I guess the V12 Ferrari correctly. And I'll be honest in saying that I played enough Need for Speed to have been able to distinguish the Aston Martin and Bugatti easily.

Not counting the F1s I got 4 out of 4. :) I guessed two of the F1s correctly.

Final score 6/8.
I got 0/8 haha.
 
I got all of them right :)
 
 
I can't get enough of the intake noise on this car. The exhaust note isn't bad either.

 
I got 0/8 haha.

You fail as an enthusiast; as punishment, you must turn in everything car-related you own and your keys to a brand-spanking-new Toyota Corolla will be delivered to you in 3-5 business days.

Perfect score for me BTW.
 
The Lamborghini through me off. The picture shows a Gallardo, so I was expecting a V10. But the sound clip sounded like a carbed Countach, which is a vastly different sound. But I figured it out. 8/8.
 
Back