The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 02 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 212 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a troll? Wow I don't respond anymore and you was comment again an tag me. I have a different opinion and you are keep trying to dimostrate that my idea is wrong. I respect your point, but you are not doing the same. For me the question is closed
Yeah, a troll. You responded by asking me to make that decal, and if you didn’t notice - I made your decal request by hand, only to prove it is possible albeit not neccessary. And dare I say I did it perfectly?
I respect your opinion to want svg decals, but it is out of place in this thread. Next round I’m sure you can use whatever decal you will, svg or not.

FINAL ENTRY

giphy.gif

Fg3IDcUl.jpg

aDXVgH9l.jpg

w7kVpu4l.jpg
I've edited the Alpine a bit, it felt too much empty. Added a central black stripe with a checkered flag theme at the end, so now the stripes are more visible. Plus, as a consequence, I had to make the gtplanet and Alpine logos part black, and part white, I like the effect, but let me know if this is not legal (though both the gtp logo and the car manufacturer are allowed to be custom, right?). Also added the "A" logo next to the cockpit.

It looks better than before, hopefully! :P

EDIT: almost forgot: if you want it it's here https://www.gran-turismo.com/it/gtsport/user/notifications/livery/1303041/1/7350460635995440649

FINAL ENTRY

giphy.gif

Fg3IDcUl.jpg

aDXVgH9l.jpg

w7kVpu4l.jpg
I've edited the Alpine a bit, it felt too much empty. Added a central black stripe with a checkered flag theme at the end, so now the stripes are more visible. Plus, as a consequence, I had to make the gtplanet and Alpine logos part black, and part white, I like the effect, but let me know if this is not legal (though both the gtp logo and the car manufacturer are allowed to be custom, right?). Also added the "A" logo next to the cockpit.

It looks better than before, hopefully! :P

EDIT: almost forgot: if you want it it's here https://www.gran-turismo.com/it/gtsport/user/notifications/livery/1303041/1/7350460635995440649
Very nice! :) And yeah those "split" logos are totally within the rules, so no problem there! :)

NOT A FINAL ENTRY, MORE JUST... A SENTIMENT

View attachment 727739
Make liveries, not war. Peace. :lol:

Yeah, a troll. You responded by asking me to make that decal, and if you didn’t notice - I made your decal request by hand, only to prove it is possible albeit not neccessary. And dare I say I did it perfectly?
I respect your opinion to want svg decals, but it is out of place in this thread. Next round I’m sure you can use whatever decal you will, svg or not.
You make the decal!? Oh wow are you serious? This is a joke I hope.

He did anything within rules of the competition...
You told me to make it so I did. Can you please stop being so negative now?
I ask to make it on the Swift in the same size (small) not on a pick up in a huge size, and the reasons is clear. Btw was just an example for let understand the limit of the editor (for example the lack of layers group) . I'm not negative, just realistic, btw tommorow or monday I will post my entry, I hope you will like it!

I ask to make it on the Swift in the same size (small) not on a pick up in a huge size, and the reasons is clear. Btw was just an example for let understand the limit of the editor (for example the lack of layers group) . I'm not negative, just realistic, btw tommorow or monday I will post my entry, I hope you will like it!
The only limit was to not use user made decals, any other decals within the game, even the logos and shapes and patterns are allowed. So what is the point of your complaints? We al do know that these PD-made decals are not as crisp as user made ones, but that is not what counts, what counts in this comp is to show up the design you can make within restrictions OP gives us. That's all. Not even need to ask that thing with hand made decal of the one which is in game from the start. ;) feel free to attend the comp within the rules, next week will be new theme, with different unique restrictions, so you still have time to enter, and who knows, you may win and you'll be the one who will pick theme for another round ;)

FINAL ENTRY

GTPlanet #18 (ver 1.00 SM).gif

GTP Clio R.S. (2) (Front 640px).jpg

For this round's entry, here's my take on what a GTPlanet sponsored Renault Sport Clio Cup car would look like.

The livery is inspired by the 2016 UK Clio Cup cars, featuring their mandatory decals (Elf, Dunlop and Sparco) and I've designed it around the standard number boards used in the GT Mode's Clio Cup races so there's no problems with the livery getting messed up if you decide to take it for a spin.

In terms of design there's nothing particularly fancy here, just a clear take on the GTPlanet branding, though I do like the contrast between the matt and gloss finishes on the checkered pattern at the rear. All in-game decals aside from the GTPlanet logos.

Uploaded in-game and can be dowloaded Here

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180407175630.png Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180407175645.png Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180407175657.png Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180407175709.png

Last edited:
If I did a small one you wouldn’t see it if I uploaded it in a crap quality, now would you. It’s not huge either. Do you want it smaller, is that it? Do you want me to make it AGAIN to prove you I’m capable of more than you think? Will that finally shut you up? I’m getting sick of you trying to diss my work. I did a PERFECT decal and you complain about its size? I’d love to see you try to make one with less than 100 layers and make it in 40 min or less.
Realistically speaking the smaller the decal the less layers you need, "bro".

Oh please wait to post it until thursday, I wouldn’t mind that at all!

If I did a small one you wouldn’t see it if I uploaded it in a crap quality, now would you. It’s not huge either. Do you want it smaller, is that it? Do you want me to make it AGAIN to prove you I’m capable of more than you think? Will that finally shut you up? I’m getting sick of you trying to diss my work. I did a PERFECT decal and you complain about its size? I’d love to see you try to make one with less than 100 layers and make it in 40 min or less.
Realistically speaking the smaller the decal the less layers you need, "bro".

Oh please wait to post it until thursday, I wouldn’t mind that at all!
The size is the most hardest part because you have to work on the body in small dimention and you cant zoom so much. In facut you made the decals in a confortable surface in big size. A different thing is whenyou have to work on a small space and mirror the logo on the size. You should make two different decals, so the same logo but twice. I don't want to say that is impossible, but very hard and uncomfortable.

The size is the most hardest part because you have to work on the body in small dimention and you cant zoom so much. In facut you made the decals in a confortable surface in big size. A different thing is whenyou have to work on a small space and mirror the logo on the size. You should make two different decals, so the same logo but twice. I don't want to say that is impossible, but very hard and uncomfortable.
that is simple, with the duplicate on reverse and flip horizontaly things in editor ;) just takes some time

@syntex123 never feed the trolls ;) :cheers:
It's useless to starve the trolls too, so I give up :lol:
Now that I know how to make them, I've added a Spinny Gif to my post (These things take far too long to make :banghead:)
Haha it's not that hard, it takes you less than five minutes if you don't overthink it! You did good though :D
And you partecipate to this 5 page, so we are all troll
I really don't understand why so aggressive guys!
We're not aggressive. We're responsive. You're aggressive. And you ask so stupid and simple questions too. Leave it alone. You lost. Face it.

From now on I'll be Lloyd.
9pZ0e6H.gif

FINAL ENTRY
9286CEC2-4B23-4261-8AA4-146921E68468.jpeg
GTP’s colours lend themselves perfectally to liveries, and the R8 felt like the perfect canvas. Sharp lines and clear breaks for design transitions. I always like working with chrome and was glad to have access to the reverse masking decals.
6A38CFF4-251A-4126-8245-AB725C23FAA7.jpeg

I went for the asymmetrical approach to create an effect inspired by the red & blue squares of the Gran Turismo logo. I decided not to include any actual GT logos, as GTP has evolved away from focusing only on Gran Turismo over the last few years and I wanted to respect that. The companies whose decals I did use were mostly selected for their matching colours & racing pedigree.
740D111C-FE57-4EAE-BFFE-C9CE237C5CC8.jpeg
On the back, the Audi has a massively long straight bumper. What better use for that than a slightly obscure GTP reference? I was partly inspired by an earlier user’s mention of a mythical 2.2l Camry and the storm that it once led to in a certain thread.
B5097B14-D9BF-476C-AB4C-2B0BB16F0499.jpeg
I headed the warning to keep it simple and chose not to get to fidly or cramped in the design. The entries I’ve seen so far have been fantastic and I’m really looking forward to seeing more :gtpflag:
B365626A-E4B9-4653-BBC4-92308F07BD39.jpeg
https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gts...lery/all/livery/2320572/1/8224206253311657497

47B9EBA8-5407-49F4-BCA9-35FB255F0D7A.jpeg
B8871254-EC9C-48F4-B460-309BBEDBDB4A.jpeg
B6A5DE84-9F12-4458-8D61-B06C7B9B91E7.jpeg

FINAL ENTRY

View attachment 728131

View attachment 728113

For this round's entry, here's my take on what a GTPlanet sponsored Renault Sport Clio Cup car would look like.

The livery is inspired by the 2016 UK Clio Cup cars, featuring their mandatory decals (Elf, Dunlop and Sparco) and I've designed it around the standard number boards used in the GT Mode's Clio Cup races so there's no problems with the livery getting messed up if you decide to take it for a spin.

In terms of design there's nothing particularly fancy here, just a clear take on the GTPlanet branding, though I do like the contrast between the matt and gloss finishes on the checkered pattern at the rear. All in-game decals aside from the GTPlanet logos.

Uploaded in-game and can be dowloaded Here

Great work again on this one... I suspect a matte black car with white decals on it ? Also I wish I know what you do for your pics, they always looks super crisp ! Are they only in-game or do you add some post-production effects ?

Great work again on this one... I suspect a matte black car with white decals on it ? Also I wish I know what you do for your pics, they always looks super crisp ! Are they only in-game or do you add some post-production effects ?
Let me guess let me guess. He turns the background brightness waaayyyy up. Nah I don’t know. I love it though

I started to make something on the Citroen GT4 car but seeing the two latest entries mine doesn‘t stand the tiniest chance :lol:
I‘ll edit my color concept and hope it‘ll look better then :nervous:

Updated my entry.

Wish I can do the 360 thing but my pc is busted so I’m not even trying to do it on my phone lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back