The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 02 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 212 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
MMX
FINAL ENTRY

I wanted to use a car I hadn't done before, and after working on it, I could see why. Plus didn't realize until I was too deep in to turn back, that this car has an unusual number plate placement, so it's definitely not in game number friendly.

UYg2od9.jpg

emBi17P.jpg

HGwhL75.jpg

I couldn't figure the Giphy site, but found another to make the spinner with.

iOlQoLD.gif

Great effort! But do I spy a custom decal?

Great work again on this one... I suspect a matte black car with white decals on it ? Also I wish I know what you do for your pics, they always looks super crisp ! Are they only in-game or do you add some post-production effects ?

Let me guess let me guess. He turns the background brightness waaayyyy up. Nah I don’t know. I love it though

Pretty much, it's one of the snow scenes (I forget which) with the background turned up then a huge amount of colour tweaks to get the cars looking accurate. By default this particular scape is quite dark, so when I first started it, I went with a Falken car and got the colour looking right by eye, now I just reopen the scape for new cars.

No post production at all, just copied to USB and uploaded to Imgur.

Because I have a HDR TV I find some of my shots look crap on the computer compared to the game, too bright or over exposed. So I try to keep that in mind when taking them. GT Sport seems better when exporting images compared to screen shots or video capture. With those GIFs for example, I had to turn the darkness up a bit as they look bleached when I exported the videos from the PS4.

I now understand why there are so few good liveries for this car, what a pain in the ass to come up with something that doesn't look terrible. Placing sponsor stickers anywhere also always looked odd 🤬

Final Entry

giphy.gif

GTPlanet website logo, Is allowed for download IF enough people quote @syntex123 asking for it to be allowed, Will edit this post if that becomes the case :)

Looks like this
gtplogo.jpg

Last edited:
I know its abit late in the day but I was making a livery for something else and I thought I'd put the GTPlanet website as a simple text logo on it, I assume its within the rules of this competition so should anyone wish to use it I'll be uploading it within the hour and will link to it here 👍

Looks like this
View attachment 728505

Tags #gtplanet #website #ghostrider135
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...llery/decal/decal/1019546/5773627985301111320 That should be a link to it 👍
I have a question about that, I made the web site text for my livery in Svg. Can I use it or I have to make it with the editor in the game?

I have a question about that, I made the web site text for my livery in Svg. Can I use it or I have to make it with the editor in the game?

Really still going with this? Just drop it already. You alone are single-handedly derailing this thread, Please either just enter with an entry that follows the rules as set out in the OP or don't bother to comment if you have nothing relevant to add to the discussion, It's really starting to grate now and has been for some days.

If you really want to keep trolling the thread with inane posts thinking you are clever then please take a look at this thread
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/banned-user-log.70684/ Search for the word troll and you'll find a fair few users who have been removed for doing said thing. I can rapidly see your name being added to that list so just quit.

Really still going with this? Just drop it already. You alone are single-handedly derailing this thread, Please either just enter with an entry that follows the rules as set out in the OP or don't bother to comment if you have nothing relevant to add to the discussion, It's really starting to grate now and has been for some days.

If you really want to keep trolling the thread with inane posts thinking you are clever then please take a look at this thread
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/banned-user-log.70684/ Search for the word troll and you'll find a fair few users who have been removed for doing said thing. I can rapidly see your name being added to that list so just quit.
What? I just ask if I can do svg or not. What is this violence? Im becaming hungry now, I just ask because I finish the livery but I'm not sure if I can use gtplanet text. I'm not very good with English but I think this is violence.
If someone can respond me I would be greatfull

@JR98 for some reason your pictures in your entry is now broken. Looked fine when I quoted you, maybe it’s just my browser acting up?
Updated my entry.

Wish I can do the 360 thing but my pc is busted so I’m not even trying to do it on my phone lol
If you want a 360° just pm me and I’ll help you out. :)

I know its abit late in the day but I was making a livery for something else and I thought I'd put the GTPlanet website as a simple text logo on it, I assume its within the rules of this competition so should anyone wish to use it I'll be uploading it within the hour and will link to it here 👍

Looks like this
View attachment 728505

Tags #gtplanet #website #ghostrider135
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...llery/decal/decal/1019546/5773627985301111320 That should be a link to it 👍
Well technically speaking it isn’t a part of the ‘permitted decal list’ in the OP; but it is a GTP decal. Buuuut you know what, I’m gonna say no to that this round, sorry. Since it’s ‘easy’ to make text in-game, and the focus is on the GTP logos, I think if anyone wants it they should make it by the in-game letters. Unless more than 5 people quote me on this saying they want it to be allowed, then I’ll allow it. :)

MMX
You do, but I didn't think my MM would hurt anything. If it DQs me so be it.
It doesn’t hurt anything at all, it just directly goes against the rules of this round. So yes; if that logo isn’t removed I’m sad to say it will be disqualified. A good livery all in all though :)

@JR98 for some reason your pictures in your entry is now broken. Looked fine when I quoted you, maybe it’s just my browser acting up?
That’s odd, I just checked my post on Mobile and all images appear to still be working.

That’s odd, I just checked my post on Mobile and all images appear to still be working.
Maybe my browser just didn’t load everything, because like you say they worked fine when I quoted you as well. Odd :lol:

Well technically speaking it isn’t a part of the ‘permitted decal list’ in the OP; but it is a GTP decal. Buuuut you know what, I’m gonna say no to that this round, sorry. Since it’s ‘easy’ to make text in-game, and the focus is on the GTP logos, I think if anyone wants it they should make it by the in-game letters. Unless more than 5 people quote me on this saying they want it to be allowed, then I’ll allow it. :)
[/USER]

Ok will remove the link and edit the post again should 4 others quote you saying they want to be allowed it :sly:

I'm with Syntex on this. The rules is the rules and when they start getting disregarded it sets a precedent that will only lead to more competitions getting derailed with posts regarding the rules, rather than people just getting on with posting their entries. No disrespect meant to anyone.

I‘d be fine with additional GTP SVG‘s as long as they‘re shared so everyone can use them.

I also got no problem with MMX‘s signature sticker, he could attempt to remake it with shapes tho :P

2 votes for the web url svg, still need three more. It's so few days left so in the end it doesn't really matter, but I feel if I say yes now, people might think they can do "whatever" in the future because I'm so pliable, if you know what I mean. :) I don't mean to be rude by saying this. Hope everyone realizes that. I want everyone to be happy :)
This can be said about that tiny custom one that conflicts with the OP too. I can't allow minor ones either, even how small they might be.

2 votes for the web url svg, still need three more. It's so few days left so in the end it doesn't really matter, but I feel if I say yes now, people might think they can do "whatever" in the future because I'm so pliable, if you know what I mean. :) I don't mean to be rude by saying this. Hope everyone realizes that. I want everyone to be happy :)
This can be said about that tiny custom one that conflicts with the OP too. I can't allow minor ones either, even how small they might be.
Two questions.
About manufacters logo, logos like "Bmw Msport" or "Audi Sport" are allowed with svg or I can put only "Audi" Or "Bmw"?
About rules in the future, if I win the round I can chose the rules (for example free Svg) or I can choose only the livery theme?

For the gtplanet.org svg logo I vote for free svg, also if I have already made it with editor shapes so I don't care so much

Two questions.
About manufacters logo, logos like "Bmw Msport" or "Audi Sport" are allowed with svg or I can put only "Audi" Or "Bmw"?
About rules in the future, if I win the round I can chose the rules (for example free Svg) or I can choose only the livery theme?
Audi, Audi Sport, Quattro, TT, R8, you get the idea. As long as it doesn’t bring other elements, like ‘BMW recommends Castrol Edge’. That’s not a manufacturer decal.

For the gtplanet.org svg logo I vote for free svg, also if I have already made it with editor shapes so I don't care so much
gtplanet.net ;) three votes.

I wish I had thought about and shared the idea on the first day but it didn't hit me till I was working on something else and couldn't think of a logo to put in that specific area, At the end of the day it'll be on the servers should it be useful in the future if not at this particular time :)

I wish I had thought about and shared the idea on the first day but it didn't hit me till I was working on something else and couldn't think of a logo to put in that specific area, At the end of the day it'll be on the servers should it be useful in the future if not at this particular time :)
Same with my ‘GTP banner’, looks basically like the pc site top bar. Would be fun to put on a car :lol: I actually did and it didn’t look too bad.

After many troubles of all kinds, I've finally gotten everything together for a go at this. Because, frankly, why not? Seems like a good enough reason to spend even more time in the Livery Editor. And it seems like good fun in general.

FINAL ENTRY

giphy.gif

1: Yes, this is based off of a GT-R GT3 adaptation of the GT-R GT500 replica of the Mobil 1 GT-R in the new GT500 GT League series. Basically, turn the sides and rear black and replace the GTP stickers with Mobil 1 and you've got the Mobil 1 livery. Long live originality, amirite?

2: Boy, the troubles to get a gif. The actual 15-second-clip thing wasn't hard, but Giphy then decided to be the most broken thing since Ride To Hell: Retribution, at which point I gave up and asked @syntex123 to do that bit for me. Which, thankfully, he did. And Giphy decided to work for him. And he got it done. And then I had a minor, significant brain-fart in me having submitted a livery with manufacturer decals, believing manufacturer decals were banned, remembering.. well, you know.. and then it all coming together now.

After many troubles of all kinds, I've finally gotten everything together for a go at this. Because, frankly, why not? Seems like a good enough reason to spend even more time in the Livery Editor. And it seems like good fun in general.

FINAL ENTRY

giphy.gif

1: Yes, this is based off of a GT-R GT3 adaptation of the GT-R GT500 replica of the Mobil 1 GT-R in the new GT500 GT League series. Basically, turn the sides and rear black and replace the GTP stickers with Mobil 1 and you've got the Mobil 1 livery. Long live originality, amirite?

2: Boy, the troubles to get a gif. The actual 15-second-clip thing wasn't hard, but Giphy then decided to be the most broken thing since Ride To Hell: Retribution, at which point I gave up and asked @syntex123 to do that bit for me. Which, thankfully, he did. And Giphy decided to work for him. And he got it done. And then I had a minor, significant brain-fart in me having submitted a livery with manufacturer decals, believing manufacturer decals were banned, remembering.. well, you know.. and then it all coming together now.

Giphy doesn't work at all for me either. I used EZgif but they don't host, so I did use Giphy for that.

That's so odd! Haha. It was so easy for me, wonder what makes it unusable for others.

Giphy doesn't work at all for me either. I used EZgif but they don't host, so I did use Giphy for that.

That's so odd! Haha. It was so easy for me, wonder what makes it unusable for others.

I did try a few alternatives, but all of them either came out corrupted or would only let me get a decent gif for.. *sigh*.. a small fee.

And yes, that is indeed a reference, and yes, it's probably the one you're thinking of. Bonus Internet Points to you if you caught that before reading this paragraph.

Also, can I just take a moment to acknowledge the general quality and breadth of the field - you'd think "make a GTP livery" would result in fairly standardised liveries, but no. This is going to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back