The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 03 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 179 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL ENTRY
Phew, I eventually managed to finish it all...not as good as I wanted it to be, but, shame on me for playing too much Far Cry :P So, let's start with the old livery: this is a replica of the late 80's A70 Tom's Minolta JTCC Supra.

This is the livery, of the couple, of which I'm proud the most...sure, most decals were borrowed as I was running late, but there's still some tracing done by yours truly. Then, I thought, "what if this team decided to return, and enter the SuperGT in, say, 2023"...and the VGT FT-1 came to mind immediately. So, here is my fantasy livery, the Tom's Konica Minolta Super GT500 FT-1 Supra.

Didn't came out as good as I wanted it to, mostly because of time and because of me being quite bad at fantasy designs, but I'm still quite happy with it. Logos are both borrowed, bought with the mileage points, or made by PD.

I know I don't stand the slightest chance, but I really wanted to join in the fray with this fortnight's amazing theme!

Too bad we don't have a lot of center lock wheel options or are able to change wheels on downloaded liveries.
That 36 number looks familiar tho :scared:

Too bad we don't have a lot of center lock wheel options or are able to change wheels on downloaded liveries.
That 36 number looks familiar tho :scared:
True, especially since the few center locks don't even fit on many N-class cars. No idea about the 36, why is it familiar?

Last edited:
True, especially since the few center locks don't even fit on many N-class cars. No idea about the 36, why is it familiar?
Yes, the centerlock wheel selection is just too few...

About the racing number, it's the number Toyota (and Lexus) uses for most of it's works cars in motorsport.

I actually traced it myself :lol: but yeah, as @RZQSPEED said, it's overused by Toyota Racing :D
Looks almost exactly like the 36 written in Impact :lol: Lazy Toyota

EDIT: grrr phone‘s don‘t show this post as they‘re supposed to

Looks almost exactly like the 36 written in Impact :lol: Lazy Toyota

EDIT: grrr phone‘s don‘t show this post as they‘re supposed to
It probably is tbh :lol: both the 36 and 37 look like they were written in Impact xD

:( didn't have any idea of what to create for this theme...

Better said had many ideas which merged into something i couldn't manage to chose from... thought to do something based on liveries i've made so far, but had hard time to research for dcals i could use. Will try something, but not sure if i'll be able to finish in time. :scared:

Will be a WRS style banzai run for me ^^

Compacta is actually closer to the font used on 80's/90's JDM number boards 👍
Thanks for the hint, I‘ve been fine with streching Impact font numbers tho. They even are on the two entries here :D
Might check Compacta out and see if there‘s a significant difference 💡

Last edited:
Fine work @uccio21 👍 What colour did you use as the base colour for the old livery?
I have to check the code but I don't know how realistic is, because I find to different pics with two different kind of blue. Btw base is metallic blue and the light blue is a trasparency layer

Last edited:
Love the entries. Sorry for my absence but my birthday was this weekend + other matters to attend to so I haven't been able to check in.

Some entries are too big though, and I can't go the same route as last time, reminding everyone in PM. Last hour and a half (sorta) to make final adjustments if you want to make the poll.

Also, like the last few times, I won't add all pictures to the poll. It's too time consuming. Which is why it's limited how many pictures you can post. This won't affect your "status" in the poll, you're just gonna lose a few pictures.

But be sure to resize guys, 1h18min left.

Love the entries. Sorry for my absence but my birthday was this weekend + other matters to attend to so I haven't been able to check in.

Some entries are too big though, and I can't go the same route as last time, reminding everyone in PM. Last hour and a half (sorta) to make final adjustments if you want to make the poll.

Also, like the last few times, I won't add all pictures to the poll. It's too time consuming. Which is why it's limited how many pictures you can post. This won't affect your "status" in the poll, you're just gonna lose a few pictures.

This time mine should be ok!👍

Happy birthday! I went the Flickr way this time, so everything should be okay...is it?

Happy birthday! I went the Flickr way this time, so everything should be okay...is it?
Thanks. :) Got the best birthday gift ever, look out for my status update on Saturday ;)
Yep, it looks fine! Love the old Supra. :)

FINAL ENTRY

Porsche 911 RSR I've made back in time is a Porsche Super Cup replica of Štefan Rosina ride.
BMW M3 is how I'd imagine that design back in time, hopefully decals are period correct, as I'm not so sure ^^

M3 livery:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/cz/gts...lery/all/livery/2626863/1/8224237095622837265

911 RSR livery:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/cz/gts...lery/all/livery/2626863/1/5044595638632743433

uff
Banzaaaaaaaaaai!
:D

Edit: ohh, forgot to mention that I used a M3 livery from 1990 Barum Rally as an inspiration for the decals, not all, but soome at least ^^

I'm a noob, can't find your status update :lol:
Haven't posted it yet - it'll be posted on Saturday :lol:

Oh no, the auto poll thingy doesn't include all images! @D3V heeeelp :D This is going to take a while, almost 30 entries and a ton of images to add :D

@BLiTZ really had a good idea with this theme, but I think that even him couldn't expect so many great entries. Everyone made interesting liveries, with research on the decals, and I was very surprised how everybody scratch their head to find not-so-obvious liveries ! No Martini, no Marlboro, and unexpected discoveries !

It seems that we have to say this each week, but it will be very hard to chose our favourite, and everybody is already a winner !

@BLiTZ really had a good idea with this theme, but I think that even him couldn't expect so many great entries. Everyone made interesting liveries, with research on the decals, and I was very surprised how everybody scratch their head to find not-so-obvious liveries ! No Martini, no Marlboro, and unexpected discoveries !

It seems that we have to say this each week, but it will be very hard to chose our favourite, and everybody is already a winner !

I was tempted to go down the cigarette brand route its what I think I'm rather good at, But given the sponsorship ban I figured it would deviate too much from the main sponsor then and now :)

Indeed, I was expecting people to complain at the anal-ness of the detail or the need for two liveries but I'm really impressed with the level of effort from everyone involved!

Thanks for the hint, I‘ve been fine with streching Impact font numbers tho. They even are on the two entries here :D
Might check Compacta out and see if there‘s a significant difference 💡

Compacta is more 'square' compared to Impact and closer to the font used by the Japanese teams. It's still not 100% accurate, but considering a lot of the liveries pre-dated CAD vinyl cutters It's likely some of them cut the numbers from scratch.

Interesting fact, Compacta was originally designed by Letraset (anyone old enough to remember that stuff?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back