The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 03 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 179 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic work, a great replica and also great fantasy work. One slight big bear for me is the use of both BP and Motul on the modern car as they're both oil suppliers (I know why you've used the modern BP logo but I'd have gone with one over the other). But I won't let that spoil a great detailed livery!

The BP logo was one of the last ones to go on the car, and it didn't occur to me that it clashes with the one RIGHT next to it :lol: rookie mistake. Thank you for the feedback Blitz!

I can auto-trace stuff, there is nothing really hard with that... Also I seem to not be the only one who likes to have decals of good quality.
There are good and bad decals from all sources though, and when you put them on a car, can you really tell that a section is a couple of mm out?

FINAL ENTRY

Living within 15 KM of the Heineken factory in Zoeterwoude and Heineken beer is a national drink here in Holland :D,it was a logical choice to stay close to home.:)

BMW M3

20180421094706b.jpg

20180421094721b.jpg

BMW Z4 GT3

20180421094644b.jpg

20180421094655b.jpg

FINAL ENTRY

Living within 15 KM of the Heineken factory in Zoeterwoude and Heineken beer is a national drink here in Holland :D,it was a logical choice to stay close to home.:)

BMW M3

View attachment 731322

View attachment 731323

BMW Z4 GT3

View attachment 731324

View attachment 731325

Thanks for that now I'm thirsty :drool:

It took me a while to think of something I'd like to do but after seeing some photos of an Advan Porsche on Faceballs I had an idea. Since I already did the Advan Alpha 1992 JTCC E30 I looked up more images of that 2002 JGTC 911 and tried to make it fit to the RSR while combining it with the Yokohama Anniversary decals of 2017 & 2018

Final Entry
Celebrating 100 years of Yokohama and 40 years of Advan Tires

The E30 is currently shared in my gallery, the Porsche will be uploaded sometime this weekend is now shared, too. Link in my signature.​

Last edited:
It took me a while to think of something I'd like to do but after seeing some photos of an Advan Porsche on Faceballs I had an idea. Since I already did the Advan Alpha 1992 JTCC E30 I looked up more images of that 2002 JGTC 911 and tried to make it fit to the RSR while combining it with the Yokohama Anniversary decals of 2017 & 2018

Final Entry
Celebrating 100 years of Yokohama and 40 years of Advan Tires

The E30 is currently shared in my gallery, the Porsche will be uploaded sometime this weekend is now shared, too. Link in my signature.​
I'm a little confused. The livery is very beautiful, but the time period is from 2001 to 2017 and 2018. You have replicated part of Shell Porsche in 2001 and you have added a logo of 2017 and one of 2018. I would also have preferred to see the Yokohama 100 logo in its whole form, as in reality in the 2017 championship. Like this (auto traced but not so bad as you can see) https://www.gran-turismo.com/it/gts...llery/decal/decal/3682375/5846332029949477400
Advan 40th is from this year and Yokohama 100 from the previous season,

As I told to Cytoria remember Kumamon, for 2017 super gt and super taikyu liveries

It‘s inspired by the 2000‘s car but to make it a little more modern I added a few decals here and there from 2017 and 2018. The other logos haven‘t really changed and according to my researches all those companies are still in business. Also it‘s quite a common think afaik to have these celebration stickers on for more than a year, so 1917-2017 and 1978-2018 anniversary stickers word together fine imo. The decal you linked is on the car btw ;)

FINAL ENTRY

'The Stag keeps running'

The old
DbqFXQHWsAEWLaQ.jpg

DbqFnBvWkAEOfbc.jpg

The New
DbqF1MaWAAIncZU.jpg

DbqGFWtX4AAso7y.jpg

DbqGRhrW0AAVQGy.jpg

DbqGcpfWAAAxoLx.jpg

So this is my 1st go at the competition and after much toing and froing between ideas, I finally decided to re-create an old favourite, a pretty bright and colourful old favourite! The Jagermeister livery of old is an iconic and vibrant design that spanned 3 decades in one form or another but invariably it was bright orange.

The design here is based on Armin Hahne’s BMW M3 E30 touring car and the new version is my vision of what the livery may look like today taking into account the evolution of the Jagermeister brand, shown here on the BMW VGT.

It is not only the Jagermeister brand identity and logo’s that have changed over time but also they have a strapline; ‘It Runs Deep’. The colour identity has evolved and is now a black background with bright orange lettering and a revised Deer logo.

The BMW VGT went through a lot of changes, designs and colours. I made it quite complicated but then thought this does not reflect the ethos of the original design which was bright but also simple and instantly recognisable. It was perhaps a risk choosing such a bright and colourful design and I’m sure it will split opinion but I hope some of you like it!

Any critique or guidance welcome!

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

What if instead being bough out by British American Tobacco, Tyrrell decided to go sports car racing instead?

But first, the old. This is my take on the 1986 Data General Team Tyrrell 015. Not a popular livery by any stretch of the imagination, but it's the team's one livery that I think made the transition from real car to the Gran Turismo F1500T-A the best. This livery is an amalgamation of sorts of all the car over the 1986 season as almost no two cars I found were alike, but the main inspiration for the car was the Monaco Gran Prix livery.

Download link

And now, the new. This is an attempt to make a livery for the 650S if Tyrrell decided to enter the 2018 British GT season with the livery based on their 1986 car. With British GT's required sponsors being Pirelli, Sonoco, and Driven Racing Oil, that meant using Elf and Goodyear, two sponsors that Tyrrell has used almost all throughout their existence, was out. So with that all the other sponsors are the modern equivalents to other sponsors Tyrrell cars had over the years instead, or what would be a modern equivalent in Data General's case since they don't exist anymore. I hope I did the British GT theme justice as I had a lot of fun making this livery and oh how i wish we could place decals on windows already.

Download Link

I hope you all like my liveries and good luck to all the other competitors! :gtpflag:
And thank you @BLiTZ for setting me straight on the theme.​
That was fast work! Fantastic work on the revised livery 👍

That was fast work! Fantastic work on the revised livery 👍

Well I didn't redo it from scratch. all the sponsors are in the same place as they were on the old livery, and it isn't exactly a complex livery. Honestly the part that took the longest was picking a font for the Data General logo. :lol: But thank you for the kind words.

Last edited:
There's so many great entries. I'm really glad to see people rise to the challenge in regards to two liveries and getting the decals period-correct etc.

The quality of the entries is fantastic, I'm really glad I gave it a go, it's been a lot of fun. I must admit I'm still wondering if I made the right choice for my liveries but it's too late to change it :confused::D

I think whoever wins can be very proud 👍

There would have been at least one more E30 livery except there's no way I'm going to get mine done in time. Was going to do the Playstation Walkenhorst M6 GT3 livery on the BMW VGT (which actually 80% finished and shared anyway)... then I was going to go with a late 80's version with contemporary equivalent sponsors such as Commodore instead of Playstation, etc.

... then I was going to go with a late 80's version with contemporary equivalent sponsors such as Commodore instead of Playstation, etc.
That sounds interesting, you still have more than a day to go tho :cheers:

There would have been at least one more E30 livery except there's no way I'm going to get mine done in time. Was going to do the Playstation Walkenhorst M6 GT3 livery on the BMW VGT (which actually 80% finished and shared anyway)... then I was going to go with a late 80's version with contemporary equivalent sponsors such as Commodore instead of Playstation, etc.
Sounds likr a good idea. Even if you just throw something simpler together it'd be good to see the outcome!

There's so many great entries. I'm really glad to see people rise to the challenge in regards to two liveries and getting the decals period-correct etc.

It's going to be really hard voting for just one. Everyone's entry is so good. :bowdown:

I'm very curious, I'm doing a Play Station livery too

I had a similar idea but was going to use the 1994 Mclaren F1 with the original Playstation colours, hopefully you can finish your designs, would be great to see them.

So many awesome works in here! Unfortunately I've been caught up in Far Cry 5 recently, so I'm not sure I'll manage to finish my entry...in any case, everyone is a winner, so much great stuff it'll be impossible to choose!

FINAL ENTRY

31301956_1766795563386464_4349543456979554609_n by andrea strinati, su Flickr

31189986_1766795570053130_6987184748820505483_n by andrea strinati, su Flickr

31271309_1766947490037938_1122821250758638649_n by andrea strinati, su Flickr

I'm not sure if the photos are right, @BLiTZ let me know if you see some difference.

Ok, this is my entry. First I worked a lot with gradients and transparencies, and this kind of photo does not help to show some details of my work that require a lot of light .... so I invite you to look at the bonus photo to get an idea.

First car:
Oreca Team - Equipe de France FFSA #52 Playstation 2 Viper that ran at the 2002 Le Mans
Oreca is a famouse French team born in 1973 that prepares racing cars.
The main goal was to make a double metallic colour, blu and light blu, I managed this making a light blue Svg with trasparency. If you zoom into the circular number plate you will find metallic blue into the two circle, also this particular is thanks to an svg work.
The hood is full of little particular that you can't see in this pics unfortunally.

Modern car:
I try to imagine how an Oreca Viper could look in the modern era in a French competition, team Oreca is still active today with Toyota, btw I focus my attenction on the main sponsor, Playstation. The new livery is from 2014, an era closer to the Ps4 presentation in 2013.
In the history Playstation has had many different liveries, with different styles and colors, unlike the iconic liveries like Martini the style is varied. That's why I decided not to use the original colors but something modern and completely different.
I chose the Gt AM category for the championship.
The same goes for the logos, I updated the old and I added something new to make the car look less dated.
On the roof I put a PS logo that came out only with the lights, using trasparency.
The base lines of the livery are simple, because I think Viper have a great shape and don't need a complicated base design.
I made a similar base than the Penzoil or Fm4 SRT Viper Alms, the blue on the hood came to side and roof, the outlining of the blu is orange.

2002 Viper link:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/it/gts...lery/all/livery/3682375/1/8070542960567026697

2014 Viper link:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/it/gtsport/user/notifications/livery/3682375/1/7349953825576354817

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
31206248_1766795573386463_3508772399529739604_n by andrea strinati, su Flickr
31172288_1766795566719797_2019051434958367567_n by andrea strinati, su Flickr

I'm not sure if the photos are right, @BLiTZ let me know if you see some difference.

Ok, this is my entry. First I worked a lot with gradients and transparencies, and this kind of photo does not help to show some details of my work that require a lot of light .... so I invite you to look at the bonus photo to get an idea.

First car:
Oreca Team - Equipe de France FFSA #52 Playstation 2 Viper that ran at the 2002 Le Mans
The main goal was to make a double metallic colour, blu and light blu, I managed this making a light blue Svg with trasparency. If you zoom into the circular number plate you will find metallic blue into the two circle, also this particular is thanks to an svg work.
The hoof is full of little particular that you can't see in this pics unfortunally.

Modern car:
I try to imagine how an Oreca Viper could look in the modern era in a French competition, team Oreca is still active today with Toyota, btw I focus my attenction on the main sponsor, Playstation. The new livery is from 2014, an era closer to the Ps4 presentation in 2013.
In the history Playstation has had many different liveries, with different styles and colors, unlike the iconic liveries like Martini the style is varied. That's why I decided not to use the original colors but something modern and completely different.
The same goes for the logos, I updated the old and I added something new to make the car look less dated.
On the roof I put a PS logo that came out only with the lights, using trasparency.
The base lines of the livery are simple, because I think Viper have a great shape and don't need a complicated base design.
I made a similar base than the Penzoil or Fm4 SRT Viper Alms, the blue on the hood came to side and roof, the outlining of the blu is orange.

2002 Viper link:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/it/gts...lery/all/livery/3682375/1/8070542960567026697

2014 Viper link:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/it/gts...lery/all/livery/3682375/1/7349967030320104449

Very nice work 👍:cheers:

FINAL ENTRY
M'eh, went with something else in the end...

Modified version of the recent Crowne Plaza BMW DTM car (on the BMW VGT.. of course). This was the first livery I did in the game and I've always wanted to adjust some of the details, so I took the opportunity. Rewind nearly a quarter of a century or so and that car might have looked a bit like my E30 M3 interpretation below.

Mostly I wanted to see if I could make a livery that looked a little dated and the evolution of the Crowne Plaza logo worked quite well, though the livery itself was made up as I went along.

Last edited:
Final Entry
I've been working on this one for a very long time. Or, as long a time as it has been since we got the F1500 anyway. I've had a model of this car, which has yet to be put together, since my teenage days when my uncle first started getting me into the hobby. It's been one of my favorite race cars since. So naturally, being an old livery, this comp spurred the imagination into what it might look like years on as the sport and sponsors evolve.

FINAL ENTRY

First car:
The hood is full of little particular that you can't see in this pics unfortunally.

Modern car:

2002 Viper link:

2014 Viper link:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/it/gtsport/user/notifications/livery/3682375/1/7349953825576354817

Fine work @uccio21 👍 What colour did you use as the base colour for the old livery?

FINAL ENTRY

First car:

Modern car:

2002 Viper link:

2014 Viper link:

Great work! Love the use of colours/texture on both cars, a nice evolution!

FINAL ENTRY
M'eh, went with something else in the end...

Modified version of the recent Crowne Plaza BMW DTM car (on the BMW VGT.. of course). This was the first livery I did in the game and I've always wanted to adjust some of the details, so I took the opportunity. Rewind nearly a quarter of a century or so and that car might have looked a bit like my E30 M3 interpretation below.

Mostly I wanted to see if I could make a livery that looked a little dated and the evolution of the Crowne Plaza logo worked quite well, though the livery itself was made up as I went along.

Nice! The retro look works really well!

Final Entry
I've been working on this one for a very long time. Or, as long a time as it has been since we got the F1500 anyway. I've had a model of this car, which has yet to be put together, since my teenage days when my uncle first started getting me into the hobby. It's been one of my favorite race cars since. So naturally, being an old livery, this comp spurred the imagination into what it might look like years on as the sport and sponsors evolve.

Good work, a decent and believable evolution!

I think on reflection I should not have a picked a real life livery that existed for my 'old' car, should have created one from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back