The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 05 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 166 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being aware of all the magnificent and creative livery work we can see here I am hesitating to start a design job. Most of the entrants are winners in my opinion. For me this is great inspiration and challenge, too. Let's see if I will find my own way to enter this competition. So many ideas…so much creative work… and still there's a life beyond gtplanet and GTS and PS4.

Being aware of all the magnificent and creative livery work we can see here I am hesitating to start a design job. Most of the entrants are winners in my opinion. For me this is great inspiration and challenge, too. Let's see if I will find my own way to enter this competition. So many ideas…so much creative work… and still there's a life beyond gtplanet and GTS and PS4.
At least you have ideas, it's a good starting point :) My biggest problem with fantasy liveries is just that: ideas. Never have them :D nonetheless I shall give it a try anyways and humiliate myself if need be, or I will never learn...so if I will put out something, no matter the competition level, you shall too :P

Learning is a good point. I will throw anything into the ring just to be part of it and to earn feedback – no matter if positive or negative. I will give it a try and start with anything really colourful. I am thinking about "creative tools". You are allowed to be curious. :confused:

FINAL ENTRY

In 1968 the J.W. Automotive Ford GT40 becomes the first Gulf Oil sponsored car to win the 24 hours of Le Mans. 50 years later ECRacing enter a pair of Porsche 919 Hybrids bearing celebratory liveries to aim for another win.

The hotel I was staying at had wifi and once I saw the new theme I began thinking about what to make. My first thought was some sort of art car, but knowing I'd be short on time I felt this wouldn't be possible. Whilst browsing the web for ideas I started looking at retro motorsport posters and found a particularly striking design featuring the Gulf 917K and wondered if I'd be able to incorporate something similar into a design. After a bit of pool-side doodling on a notepad I came up with the idea of a retro inspired 917K motif and sketched a few ideas of various colour schemes and layouts.

It was then that I discovered 2018 is Gulf Oil's 50th anniversary of their first Le Mans win and the idea was set. I didn't want to make a full 'Classic' livery as there's already eleventy billion of them in GT Sport so I tried to incorporate something a little different, mixing it up with the darker blue and silver that featured on the Kremer K8 and McLaren F1 GTR in the mid-90's.

For the #18 car I switched the blue out for white (inspired by Hot Wheel's recoloured Gulf cars and the Formula E livery) and switched the silver for gold showing the team's intent for another win.

No, it's not the most complex design, but as the 919 is a pain to work with I didn't want to bite off more than I could chew. There's plenty of decal work, the 917K motif took the best part of half a day to get right (including hand-coding the gradients to display properly in-game) and the window mask took some trial and error to match the shape. All the Gulf colours are shapes I uploaded to ensure a consistent match and all the other sponsor and WEC mandatory decals are my own uploads (nothing has come from the discovery section).

Both liveries can be downloaded Here & Here

I'll also post a few extra shots including a close up of the 917K motif in my livery thread!

I thought that we’ll see less entries with the Gr.1 limitation but I was wrong ! Great work from everyone and finally some choices when it comes to Gr.1 races... I wish we can see your entry too, @BLiTZ !

Also, @UnkaD and @Hayden, I saw that you shared nice LMP liveries. Would you fancy making a colour variation and try an entry ?
Been really busy lately and unfortunately never got to finish my entry for last week. Will hopefully get some free time this weekend to swing together a sister car for my Castrol LMP1 👍 :gtpflag:

FINAL ENTRY

Porsche Looney Tunes Team
What a challenge,spend the most hours by far on this livery assignment.
First by finding an idea and then actually making it.
Thanks to @Cytoria for giving the opportunity to work on a Gr.1 car because till last week I did not ever considered to work on such a car.

I enjoy learning from the pro guys and it is a pleasure to see so many great entries each week.

Porsche 919 Hybrid "Sylvester"

1.jpg

2.jpg

Porsche 919 Hybrid "Tweety"

3.jpg

4.jpg

FINAL ENTRY

Thanks to @Cytoria for giving the opportunity to work on a Gr.1 car because till last week I did not ever considered to work on such a car.

I enjoy learning from the pro guys and it is a pleasure to see so many great entries each week.

View attachment 736692

View attachment 736693

View attachment 736694

View attachment 736695

The "vroooom!" on the shark fin <3 need to finish my "project", but the more you guys post your work, the less I want to haha :lol:

Which Z you got, 350 or 370?
Like @Strax said, 260Z 2+2 :) Good cars the newer ones too but for me it all stopped after the last 300ZX. Then they ruined them. :lol:

FINAL ENTRY

View attachment 736692

View attachment 736693

View attachment 736694

View attachment 736695

Nice! Excellent job :D

@Sjaak Believe it or not I was considering a looney tunes livery! hahaha. Roadrunner and Speedy Gonzalez on either car.

Yours is really nice! Just goes to show you don't need crazy amounts of special decals to make a design. Just 3 decals to create the theme? Great!
The base design is great too!! The different thicknesses of stripes give a really nice speed effect. Well done.

If I could I will request from you Roadrunner and Speedy Gonzalez versions of this car! hahaha. Your design would be perfect, just needing a recolor to each character!

Edit: I have one nitpick with it though...haha. You got Disney Parks on there right? I think that is out of place considering Looney Tunes' strong affiliation with Warner Bros. hehe.

FINAL ENTRY

View attachment 736692

View attachment 736693

View attachment 736694

View attachment 736695

« I tawt I taw a Puddy cat! »
Nice work again in this contest.

And I know what you mean with working with Gr.1 cars. My demo entry was my first experience on LMP (I did not count my Bugatti VGT as it is not really a LMP car), and it was made after I chose the theme.

FINAL ENTRY

This is a livery I had already made for the Gr.3 Alfa. I love LOVE LOVE Dr. Pepper and wanted to make a racing livery for it.

In the original design I wanted an excuse to add a good amount of yellow, so I opted for a duel sponsorship. It's hard to make the half-and-half liveries look good, so I went with using the roof and part of the hood as the extra space.
I was pleased with the result and made a sister car. I was thinking of eventually making a third car with the extra sponsor space showing a different brand name, but I never got around to it.

The No.23 Toyota is the first of the fleet and features the original second sponsor seen on the Alfa. I wanted to use the sponsor space as my means to distinguish the cars from each other, and rather than just using different colors I decided to take my old idea of separate secondary sponsors, each with their own theme.
The next two sponsor choices were made on the simple idea of using the three primary colors, like the Mercedes mirrors in 1999. Since the first car featured one of PD's fantasy brands I decided to continue the trend, putting thought into companies that might be useful to a racing team.

Feel free to download these two and enjoy!
No.24 Dr Pepper w/ Lempel Technologies
No.25 Dr Pepper w/ Kyan Measurements
I am keeping the No.23 Dr Pepper w/ Harman Logistics car to myself.​

FINAL ENTRY

This is a livery I had already made for the Gr.3 Alfa. I love LOVE LOVE Dr. Pepper and wanted to make a racing livery for it.

In the original design I wanted an excuse to add a good amount of yellow, so I opted for a duel sponsorship. It's hard to make the half-and-half liveries look good, so I went with using the roof and part of the hood as the extra space.
I was pleased with the result and made a sister car. I was thinking of eventually making a third car with the extra sponsor space showing a different brand name, but I never got around to it.

The No.23 Toyota is the first of the fleet and features the original second sponsor seen on the Alfa. I wanted to use the sponsor space as my means to distinguish the cars from each other, and rather than just using different colors I decided to take my old idea of separate secondary sponsors, each with their own theme.
The next two sponsor choices were made on the simple idea of using the three primary colors, like the Mercedes mirrors in 1999. Since the first car featured one of PD's fantasy brands I decided to continue the trend, putting thought into companies that might be useful to a racing team.

Feel free to download these two and enjoy!
No.24 Dr Pepper w/ Lempel Technologies
No.25 Dr Pepper w/ Kyan Measurements
I am keeping the No.23 Dr Pepper w/ Harman Logistics car to myself.​

Damn those look mega!
I do love dual sponsor cars and the clean lines and colouring you have make them really pop, fair play mate they look awesome

@Sjaak Believe it or not I was considering a looney tunes livery! hahaha. Roadrunner and Speedy Gonzalez on either car.

Yours is really nice! Just goes to show you don't need crazy amounts of special decals to make a design. Just 3 decals to create the theme? Great!
The base design is great too!! The different thicknesses of stripes give a really nice speed effect. Well done.

If I could I will request from you Roadrunner and Speedy Gonzalez versions of this car! hahaha. Your design would be perfect, just needing a recolor to each character!

Edit: I have one nitpick with it though...haha. You got Disney Parks on there right? I think that is out of place considering Looney Tunes' strong affiliation with Warner Bros. hehe.

@im2fst4u Thanks for the compliment 👍

And you are right,Warner Bros did make the Looney Tunes as an answer on Disney's Silly Symphonies back in the sixties.
But the marketing director of Disneyland Paris insisted to have a spot on this years Le Mans Endurance and his assistant just picked the wrong team!
The money was to good to reject so the decals ended on a Looney Tunes main sponsor car.:lol:

@Cytoria ,@syntex123 @Strax :cheers:

FINAL ENTRY
Alright, I've decided I'll post them anyways, since they're done. A bit of backstory as to what I wanted to make...almost everything is fictional, including every possible reference to really existing people :P

With the huge privates revolution in the 2018 WEC Superseason, with the distinction between hybrids and non-hybrids, things seemed to be smooth for Toyota, heading for a supposedly easy win. What they couldn't predict, however, was a small, newborn German team, Schneider Racing, owned by austrian multi-millionaire Hans Wolff (yes, he's a relative of Mercedes F1's team principal) putting their hands on two 2012 Audi R18 TDI e-tron chassis.
Having repainted the cars with striking colors, and updated them according to ACO's 2018 regulations, they entered the WEC superseason in the P1 HY class, and had some surprisingly good laps during some testings at Monza and Le Castellet. Could these outsiders be the biggest surprise of the Superseason?

So, back to reality: I know this "project" cannot be compared to most of the other entries I saw, but I wanted to try making fantasy liveries, so in any case this has been training...unfortunately, my artistic sense is almost nonexisting :lol: for this, I used mostly already ingame sponsor decals and shapes, plus some custom decals (some I borrowed, some I made). The longest part was actually trying to figure out what to do, which colors to choose, and how to design something, then it came time for masking.

Hopefully it's not that much bad. I'm not exactly happy with the result, but I promised I'd enter something no matter what, so here I am :)

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

kGnQIo92WCTIaI48-BzbVeL5s-Z5y62HMJTrY0413ub_S5jM8gRoP_fbBDjpYywkHYzEl4VNlWn3fgXYZ8GhKaIXxgOw-r_AmmYIM7KG2z4nuz2MGXdBWiOaCXAhsojJ7odOjiQO5_QkZzFm4NTGlbENCy4bvydh3H6m-sMG48WXcx-s3KeIuSR9MPL2-UE8F8stZMxLQ12AM_MrasAEbkpsk_DpKYt89wxNpPaGW-J7S5NCM_xSgaca56Iaumzjslqu1t3Eyo-eqIEQvBpQMB1pNBliZZZqUVMgAYV_vLlHFO7dnjmdln37iOHe6mr7-BCEY0DyCoNtAoAeDGq9IdjNN7JStM2zK2ntkdrctzQkItKVCI28FrSCBxdMfa-Nf3Fa-9oJe5zSfhQYgmtiwRAadeN0GJBxpyWG2AefUoj3Vtn7TDCoRRPgusOeUtH4KntKEXFX1qTzyLCvmYOVJ9Kva-ba54o017yhKeA3t15vM-RbqgvnfnQY9hlh4-AtSxrblzzbhtAr2lriHlluQZaryTRjIVD-2CFg3LDw1tiw_ykR40Vop-w093ebFs1ckKou7VFLiqLiMfZnlKoMj0sC6G1VUQgxUhY-O4R6GN2Q2lOUZ5-aP1wbaLmpoEZYWoPM9pBhJ0SHUzZ6i2nbN3AOAHaa-hMn=w640-h938-no

6G4A9c_HgNWDHu80Ln3sDS-bSXiMm-3DTcpbPl7PLGjuO1o43LSrtelly4VQctn3j4rrYstXbsAQdo4q3UmJzvRP6-ao0oO2dHQfyeRsaQUn199zC2Ql2033rcaTNvRFUZpClLAxJ_syiFDHg2bjwEseUFL5plbenEP6nxxCrsD7MFRP72QfOLW7cJaBAwA6wnHc6O5FTPsK_iiD2QG4CQrne0_RHXk8QzBmJqRDWfhLGXST7CFuWJIbKgfZCjtZT1KNSv8_fFRIbER4EzWak7nhNgdAqoP4NRfqbxoHJuf-_B64gDx6MD4J8eHuLLmsoXJHjp0rcj09B7NhxpLFrvZ-plc5H6_E0K1yQUGxcbehW2Cw72TikHkzbTKKvKsOsyCPfrs3VSSwj27FrrXIqs4pO6Oy_xEBmMIiMVGbKDz14y5fwyuBX4SGxEiU22a0aztCOY00aBVb30OR49pjPrfC8BBAMzwt0EYQN2VcdPxdl2woEUIPtGMnSlK8pwjMAt73lCwmkwCzoJKZuMvGuDYvBapJVrP8RaNlverYgtyULirajVgchShGtBrtgC-D-Zq1hSuBHAgX2PI55hvd4eYu5d-CXhF5_LGgTas3Id9alUH423yBGHHjV0p9V0B8X5eoAP9g88-zeGTJDOQ9YVpmi9m7TtCx=w640-h938-no

wxK2uaCRtW7wThBoNyJo32RwDXq5OYgbDA5QgfEPGrs9jIcUXiWlo_Sjjmb4iaIqBeObEaMwIqjF39__RQ3XcTfRl3W7Tg-OcN2NyRE1k_LufoRIB93HQ2Xd6b6bpGANBnqqwFfDHDjYPiWbnGrWHQ8Bzqlycq6EntheMZ0e7HuFWhZIFpahTyt-WthoEWxdOgjG5qiG40txwpjbj434YU2hwLFj3l9et4bZV9bM4izHaWNKqfnxgNR8INHS2E3SvlKFIRdswzx8uOl8vKV6GVQObI0DA75X4H98kaJaDclRfNiEqOfS8Yw06S1md2EBXJ5pMyLNkQVugsTcVMZukRhWGte8qB6JLSiV3tC1njFGY9GIuaSuipo8Bzb7MHNWqRW55y-V2WzxE79Aw2qwTkkzyY4Y5sWJRY354Jy5x7r6IHAiyFLlGbf4o2WpMxHUaRp9txEonvWvNw8_0kQ6-SDPOAU3gEJ3qRxdIWo1oXT4LRqT8Y7hsc5sIlQ507aBiudM_O307txL3j5dzKd52UGlR2zCpAeWvtGwJGBtLH8cUqf5B12PJDJulgmKZgMYj8UhZvs23j6qC0XrNxrOkhirVZQ0lT3ZsrvuBTravKjAlupawo6Mi7dEQMgcd_psm8-NGIrZi0ePIFiKCBdzgPHqePCJ61_Y=w640-h938-no

The team going out for evening practice at LeMans

The Adidas Audi Team #24 and #42!
Adidas was formed in 1924 by Adolf (Adi) Dassler, through much trial and tribulation it has become the successful brand it is today!
Adi himself had his start in racing track and field, but adidas has rarely sponsored a racing car.
Today that has changed. Sporting three of Adidas most popular colors on the #24 (and Inverted colors on the #42)
the cars are also sponsored by leading German brands, Bosch, Allianz, Continential, and Braun.
With Audi providing the racing pedigree this all German team is sure to be a winner!

Get an up close and personal look at the #24 and #42! (Download links)​

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

In an alternate universe Nissan didn't stop developing the GT-R LM and their fresh way of thinking caught the attention of Coca-Cola Company who decided to support the program. To maximize the brand visibility the cars were painted to represent all the main flavours, with Nissan's traditional #23 being carried by the one sporting the world famous fire red livery.

Get the #21 here, #22 here and #23 here.​

Test Entry- NOT FINAL

65EB2A2C-0629-4117-A7E3-27CA8EE021CB.png
616BE178-97E8-466A-9410-CB163D58C41A.png
C18F2B5A-4060-4F7A-94BF-5ABD0F70AC36.png
3608F133-AAFF-47C7-994C-BFB1BD1DF54B.png

After missing last weeks competition, and still struggling to find time, I decided to give an old livery of mine a solid freshen up, as @Cytoria suggested. This is my vision of a Castrol Edge Toyota LMP1 team. I’ve purposefully used a large variety of stripes and shapes to create a busy, eye catching design. Nods to the Castrol logo are given throughout the livery and other brands are kept to a minimum as to not detract from the design.

I’ve learnt a lot since I first created this design and it took many hours to refine, tweak and redo things to a competition level. It’s all in the details.

I really wanted a shot with both of them, but couldn’t afford to buy the car again :lol:
D5E2C29C-70DE-4FCD-8D4E-9C941BABB627.png

If my entry is ineligible for any reason, please let me know :)

Last edited:
@Hayden you can take a picture with both. Set your current car to your second livery. Find your photo there, hit triangle and click "open scapes" You will retake the shot. Then add your car with the second livery and voila! You got a second car in there! (You can even put three cars in the same shot doing this)

@Greycap Light coke? Is that what they call Diet coke in Finland? haha

@Hayden : your livery is awesome, but the entry indeed doesn't fulfill all the rules.
1) The pics could not be more than 640px wide
2) The bonus scapes pic must be taken at Le Mans.

HAYDEN'S TEST ENTRY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back