The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 07 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 95 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to do something a bit unique. So I created an asymmetrical livery on a Miata. One side I decided to make look very clean and neat. The rising sun has about a dozen or so different masks on it so it would line up with the door properly.

The other side is organized chaos, intentionally random, but every piece is exactly where I want it. Like drifting. If you don't know what you're watching it looks like random chaos. The Japanese writing could say anything on it, who knows.

The bonnet has Godzilla ripping his way out, and the boot has what I think is a driver ed sticker.

The wheels are just a bright green, similar to what I've been seeing on a lot of JDM tuners. And I really didn't want to do the "stomped on hot wheels" Stanci'd rear wheels, but I felt that it fit the theme of the design.

The reg-plate is "SPF 00" as in top down all the time.

I hope you enjoy my FINAL ENTRY

GTP7a.jpg
gtp7b.jpg

gtp7c.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/5660972/1/4765468127862489601 The Liverly.

I owned an R32 for a while and spent a fair bit of time at grassroots drifting events. The Skylines, Silvias and Soarers there, are there to die. It was quite confronting to me at first, watching these dream cars be pushed to destruction,fixed, wrecked, than thrown away and replaced. Over time though, I grew to appreciate the relaxed attitude and great fun that these events; along with these beat to death rear wheel drive weapons can create. It’s a no 🤬 given attitude that is pretty unique in Motorsport and life.

For me, drifting isn’t about flashy corporate backed professionals and while that type of livery is right up my ally; I was coming up blank for this challenge. So instead I decked out an old RX7 like a granny spec S13. Then I spent some hours adding the marks, scars, scrapes, zi

I've gotta say, I've seen some great cars end up as wrecked-up ****-boxes thanks to grass roots drifting, it makes me sad to be honest. Of course, I'm slightly guilty of that too since my last BMW E28 ended up as beater for people to learn to drift in.

As for the comp, I've got an idea, just need to find the time.

Last edited:
(...) the boot has what I think is a driver ed sticker.

Nice one :) and yes, the ‘JDM’ logo is what you typically would find on young drivers license or something, it basically means junior driver having the license for a maximum of one year if I’m not mistaken. The orange/yellow droplet is the opposite - an old timer, say 60+ years of age. :D the Japanese.. logos for anything. Gotta love it!

I wanted to do something a bit unique. So I created an asymmetrical livery on a Miata. One side I decided to make look very clean and neat. The rising sun has about a dozen or so different masks on it so it would line up with the door properly.

The other side is organized chaos, intentionally random, but every piece is exactly where I want it. Like drifting. If you don't know what you're watching it looks like random chaos. The Japanese writing could say anything on it, who knows.

The bonnet has Godzilla ripping his way out, and the boot has what I think is a driver ed sticker.

The wheels are just a bright green, similar to what I've been seeing on a lot of JDM tuners. And I really didn't want to do the "stomped on hot wheels" Stanci'd rear wheels, but I felt that it fit the theme of the design.

The reg-plate is "SPF 00" as in top down all the time.

I hope you enjoy my FINAL ENTRY

View attachment 742208 View attachment 742206

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/5660972/1/4765468127862489601 The Liverly.

I love that Roadster and like to see the thumbnails enlarged. Any chance?

Yeah I was aware of the lines been upside down, I have another version on the go but may actually submit a different design altogether after having another idea.

That livery has over 3000 likes and it's kinda funny no one else has noticed :D

Considering 90% of the Falken liveries in GT Sport are wrong I'm not surprised TBH, It doesn't help that someone uploaded the scallops upside down and most people don't think to flip them.

What bugs me the most, is that the Falken liveries I've uploaded have barely topped 50 likes each despite being more accurate than any others I've seen. Unfortunately unless you're the first to do a particular livery and hit the trending page you just don't get a look in when it comes to likes :/

Please don't take this as a personal dig as the rest of the livery looks to be spot on with a huge amount of effort clearly evident in its execution, just as a fan of Falken I see the mistake instantly (think seeing Martini stripes in the wrong order or wrong Gulf colours etc).

No offence taken mate, I did that one a while ago and after doing a Falken Porsche manually I took the easy option and got a block one for the BRZ but didn't notice the error at the time. Not sure why it has 3000+ likes, I mean I like it and maybe because I think it was the 1st BRZ one when the car came to the game, but I've seen better Falken liveries as you say.

Meanwhile, I'll be changing my entry anyway, something a bit risky but I love it!!

Sam Hubinette Won the inaugural Formula Drift Championship with a Viper all the way back in 2004. And I think this girl is still a beauty!
My favorite drift cars were always the ones you wouldn't expect, a Solstice, a WRX, a skyline, But a Viper!? That's a whole 'nother beast.

Thanks for picking this theme! I wouldn't have thought about this design nor found out how awesome this car is to drive! It is so well behaved! It sticks the ground, well...like a snake. BTW it's actually a good Drift car too. SH tires, maxed stats, it's core of great balance and mechanical grip makes it very easy and fun to use.

Anyways, this car was super fun to make, and came together quite beautifully. I created the aggressive base layer on the original car (Google drift viper) with a sweet blue camo and Tear decal I found. And this was the first time I've used a gradient decal and boy does it make the back end look good! The side Mopar logo was a bit hard to place because of the viper's large hood and how it eats a third of that 'M'. Found some nice sponsor decals, adapted them to the car and voila! A real beauty in my opinion.

FINAL ENTRY

FINAL ENTRY
Back when the now defunct italian TV channel GXT used to air Formula Drift, there were some cars that really caught my attention. One is the car in the post above mine, the other was that tiny red and white Honda roadster. So, I tried recreating that red and white roadster that fascinated me, using GT Sport's only available alternative, the ND MX-5. Here's the RS-R Mazda MX-5. Most of the decal work is done with shapes, the base color is the whitest of whites, Polaris White. RS-R logos were made by me, same for the F-D number plate. For the sponsors I used some already ingame ones, and some borrowed stuff. It's definetly not on the same level of many other entries, but whatever, I tried :P

FINAL ENTRY
Back when the now defunct italian TV channel GXT used to air Formula Drift, there were some cars that really caught my attention. One is the car in the post above mine, the other was that tiny red and white Honda roadster. So, I tried recreating that red and white roadster that fascinated me, using GT Sport's only available alternative, the ND MX-5. Here's the RS-R Mazda MX-5. Most of the decal work is done with shapes, the base color is the whitest of whites, Polaris White. RS-R logos were made by me, same for the F-D number plate. For the sponsors I used some already ingame ones, and some borrowed stuff. It's definetly not on the same level of many other entries, but whatever, I tried :P

Ah yes, the RS*R Honda S2000, one of/if not my favourite FD machine over the years. Loved watching the likes of Tyler Mcquarrie and Alex Pfeiffer amongst others throw it around. Aside from being an S2000, is was great to see something different in FD, showing you didn't big power figures to mix with the big guys (even if success was limited). Fine choice 👍.

Ah yes, the RS*R Honda S2000, one of/if not my favourite FD machine over the years. Loved watching the likes of Tyler Mcquarrie and Alex Pfeiffer amongst others throw it around. Aside from being an S2000, is was great to see something different in FD, showing you didn't big power figures to mix with the big guys (even if success was limited). Fine choice 👍.
Thanks! It was exactly the RS*R S2000, and the drifter back at the time was Alex Pfeiffer. Him and Hubinette were both my favourites, bringing two radically different styles of drift machines: Hub's Viper was a heavy, huge, immensely powerful beast, while Pfeiffer's S2000 was waaay less powerful, a LOT lighter, but at the same time wasn't the over-abused Silvia/RX7/other JDM car; plus it was a roadster, which isn't the optimal choice in drift, but still he drove it like a madman. I wish the F-D was still aired somewhere over here...

What bugs me the most, is that the Falken liveries I've uploaded have barely topped 50 likes each despite being more accurate than any others I've seen. Unfortunately unless you're the first to do a particular livery and hit the trending page you just don't get a look in when it comes to likes :/

I'm know what you mean man. I try to be one of those guys who gets all the details to the best of my ability. (Example: Lightning Mcqueen)

@Strax you found a formula D number plate! I was looking for one is those.

FINAL ENTRY

'Hyper-light-drifter'

Feisar Inspired Toyota Supra Drift Concept

So I got yo thinking about themes that would fit with drifting and out of nowhere I thought about Wipeout. As a big fan of the series, I'd often thought about doing a Wipeout inspired livery and well for a drift car it just seemed to fit. I avoided the BRZ because it has already featured and thought the dimensions of the Supra Concept would work better.

I chose the Feisar team from Wipeout as I like the design and colours of the liveries in the games. I made the design purposely 'busy' with icons and decals to reflect the style and also grubby to reflect the drift action and also the typical design of the Wipeout aesthetic which, while often very futuristic, it was also pretty weathered and grubby showing exhaust stains and weathering from high-speed racing.

Hope you enjoy :cheers:

Download here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...arLivery/livery/1309219/1/4620769088508036633

FINAL ENTRY

I wanted to do very bright colors and wacky shapes on a classic JDM. Fun to look at and just a livery to make you happy. Not to serious but you know it means business white and 3 different shades of blue looks great, add a little bit of red and you get a hyper, dainty and powerful sidewinder ;)

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
(update 2018-06-18)

'The Snake Doctor or The Taming of a Maverick Oddball'

This drifting reptile is finished now to a degree my skills are allowing.
When I first met this 427 AC/Shelby Cobra in GT4
I never thought this vehicle would be ridable anyway.
Like a snake it went its own way searching the quickest way in order to escape.
My choice is inspired by an online article on
Ballet on asphalt.
The licence plate is a tribute to the well-known actor James Dean
who died (aged 24) in a Porsche 550 Spyder on his way to a race track 63 years ago in September 1955.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

This is the Team Orange Subaru Drift Car. They typically ran a Subaru and disconnected the Front Drive, but since this is
a FR challenge I had to go with the BRZ which shows up pretty good in Orange.....Enjoy!!

Orange2.png

Orange4.png

Orange3.png

Sometimes I wonder why do I even keep on trying, the level is way beyond my reach :bowdown: I guess this is probably the last time I do, I'll just be a spectator the next times, drooling at the liveries that enter. :drool:

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder why do I even keep on trying, the level is way beyond my reach :bowdown: Iess this is probably the last time I do, I'll just be a spectator the next times, drooling at the liveries that enter. :drool:
Just enter, you push out great stuff! Don't stop!

And remember - it's not always about winning, but having fun! :D

I'd like to join in the fun. Don't know the particulars to a drift livery other than they are usually eye popping compared to race liveries. So what makes it a drift livery?

I'd like to join in the fun. Don't know the particulars to a drift livery other than they are usually eye popping compared to race liveries. So what makes it a drift livery?
Just do what you think looks like a drift livery, or replicate an existing one. Make it broken and with drifter stitches, the list is endless. Nothing is set in stone, go wild! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back