Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

It's all about the style and smoke! Image and liveries by @CroxSkin. - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
Drifting is certainly an outlandish way of driving, without a doubt! It started out as illegal touge racing deep in the Japanese mountain roads, to today’s globalised motorsport events seen from around the world.

This outlandish driving style also transcend into their livery designs. You often see drift cars with wild graphics, eccentric colours, chrome masking, etc. Some designs may even bring out the drivers’ own uniqueness, such as Madmike's MADBUL RX-7, Dan Burkett's RAD Industries Supra, etc. So, in this round you will have to show us your wild side. Be bold, don’t be afraid to go a little overboard, and most importantly be YOU!

Finally to top it off, capture a photo in a smoking rear wheel display of drifting flair!

CARS:
Front-engine, rear-wheel-drive (FR) Cars only
LIVERIES: Drift liveries
USER MADE DECALS: Yes
LOCATIONS: Shiretoko for the main pics, panning/in motion and smoking bonus pic (no scape!)
1) Choose the Shiretoko scape (found by searching all locations and refining by 'Japan'and 'Snow'):

View attachment 729370

2) Apply the following settings:

Camera

Camera Settings

Aperture: F 2.8
Shutter Speed: 1/60 (as it's not a panning shot I don't know that this is important)
Focus: Single AF

Environment Settings
Aspect: 16:9
Orientation: Landscape
Resolution: High

Effects

White Balance
Temperature: 9800 K
Colour Cast Correction: -0.060
Exposure correction: EV +2.0

Special Effects
Chromatic Aberration: 5

Screen Effect 1
Mask: Background
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 0
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 100
Midpoint Correction: 100
Blackpoint Correction: -5

Car Effects
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 150
Brightness: 75
Contrast: 120
Highlight: 500
Midpoint Correction: 500
Blackpoint Correction: 0

3) Place your car in the middle of the scape at a suitable angle:

View attachment 729371

4) Zoom in to 102mm (certain cars may require more or less to fit in the viewfinder) and move the camera until you're happy that the car is centred in the shot:

View attachment 729372

5) Move the focus to the nearest corner of the car (I normally centre on the headlamp closest to the centre of the image) and take your shot.

6) For a shot of the rear, go back to the Car tab and hit R2, switch to Camera and refocus (again I use the tail lamp nearest the centre) and take the shot. If the car has moved off-centre then move the viewfinder and adjust the zoom as you see fit.

For new cars/liveries simply find the scape in your library and reopen and change the car, then rinse and repeat as above.

Images, entry format and tutorial made by @BLiTZ

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  1. Replica or fantasy are allowed
  2. Bonus pic must be in motion, no static shots. A race photo of your car in mid-drift is recommended (gotta capture that smoke!), but not compulsory. As long as it shows smoke.
  3. For design inspirations, feel free to check out this thread over at GTS Drifting.

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr.
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Preview images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • You are required to use two ‘main’ photos, viewing the front and the back of the car. You can post one additional photo inside a spoiler.
  • No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online(in-game) to prove it’s your work.

Deadline

June 20, 2018 (23:59, CEST/GMT+2)

Is it limited to only using sponsor decals and logos? I want to know if it would be okay to add an anime or cartoon character to the livery.

Also, would a simple burnout image count for the third, or does it absolutely have to be in motion? I ask because I found a nice use of the camera settings that makes it look like there is a lot more smoke than there is, but I'm not sure I'll be able to replicate it with a fast-moving car.

I have one ready to go for this but not sure if I should use it as it is a real life livery, or make a new fantasy one, hmmmmm...

Is it limited to only using sponsor decals and logos? I want to know if it would be okay to add an anime or cartoon character to the livery.

Sure, why not. I also mentioned to syntex earlier that the idea is to express your wild side, if there were too many rules I feel it would contradict that. So, anime or cartoons are allowed, as long as they are not offensive obviously.

Also, would a simple burnout image count for the third, or does it absolutely have to be in motion? I ask because I found a nice use of the camera settings that makes it look like there is a lot more smoke than there is, but I'm not sure I'll be able to replicate it with a fast-moving car.

A photo of your car in a drifting motion is only a recommendation, burnout pics are allowed too.

Last edited:
Ufff ufff, this one will be hard one again for me...

Trying to imagine some wild and sick piece. Will need to look around the globe as the only reference for drift car is the one BRZ in game and the Zebra-striped Monster Fiesta, which is not much. ^^

I have two I could enter. I’m just not sure yet. I think I’ll Google a bit first and see if I can find something even better first. :lol:

FINAL ENTRY

Based on Ryan Tuercks drift car. Simply I liked the juxtaposition of the soft pattern with the hard coloured lines. And figured since my wheel is broken at the moment I might as well do something to get the competition going :)

Last edited:
My smoke disappears when I pause to grab a shot. Is there a setting I need to change? Vanilla PS4.

Edit, whatever it was, it's fixed now, I have smoke. :)

Last edited:
MMX
FINAL ENTRY

full

full

full

Still not confident I'm posting correct, I'm sure somebody will let me know. :D

I'm just seeing broken links...

MMX
FINAL ENTRY

Edit: I've change those freaking pics three times now, I don't know how the hell to do it right. This is why I haven't been entering.
Nice :) I see images but they’re very pixelated until I click, odd. I use Flickr to upload my images so I can’t really help you, sorry!

MMX
Edit: I've change those freaking pics three times now, I don't know how the hell to do it right. This is why I haven't been entering.

Are you following this method?

The GTPlanet Media Method:

Step 1: Head to the GTPlanet Media section. Hit that "Add Media" button up top.
Step 2: Choose an album you want to add your image to (or create a new one).
Step 3: Upload that image! Make sure it follows the respective competition's rules and weekly theme.
Step 4: Now, head to the competition thread. Ready to submit? Start your post by copy/pasting this code:
Code:
[color=red][b]FINAL ENTRY[/b][/color]
Step 5: Now, on a new line, hit this little guy:
gtplanet-gallery-embed-jpg.687874

Step 6: You should see a gallery of your media along the bottom of the reply box. Find your PMC entry, and simply click it once to have it insert into the post.
Step 7: Submit your reply! If it all works as expected, the post should look similar to this:

Good luck!

Reactions: MMX
FINAL ENTRY

Based on Ryan Tuercks drift car. Simply I liked the juxtaposition of the soft pattern with the hard coloured lines. And figured since my wheel is broken at the moment I might as well do something to get the competition going :)

Choice! I've always liked the 2013 version of Ryan Tuerck's FR-S! Your version of it is equally awesome! Too bad we can't choose separate colours for the front/back wheels on GTS..

FINAL ENTRY

Dai Yoshihara's 2014 Falken BRZ

Download here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...arLivery/livery/1309219/1/5836679417319917065

Agreed with syntex, killer shot! Exactly what I was looking for in terms of capturing drifting flair. The livery itself is spot on, good job 👍

MMX
FINAL ENTRY

Awesome design! I particularly like the colours that you've used. This is definitely one wild ride 👍

This fortnights theme is right up my street, been lurking around these livery competitions for a little while, quite keen to give it a bash; not that I'll be any good though :lol:.

Anyway quick question, and apologies in advance if this has been asked before, but is there any issue with using a livery you've previously already created? as I have one in the pipeline but it could do with an update and a general bit of TLC.

is there any issue with using a livery you've previously already created? as I have one in the pipeline but it could do with an update and a general bit of TLC.
I have entered previously made ones and the rules don‘t state you‘re not allowed to enter them. The only thing is that you cannot enter a livery that has already been entered in a previous contest afaik

I have entered previously made ones and the rules don‘t state you‘re not allowed to enter them. The only thing is that you cannot enter a livery that has already been entered in a previous contest afaik

Gotcha 👍, in which case I'll be back here in a few days with the finished product hopefully :).

Last edited:
This fortnights theme is right up my street, been lurking around these livery competitions for a little while, quite keen to give it a bash; not that I'll be any good though :lol:.

Anyway quick question, and apologies in advance if this has been asked before, but is there any issue with using a livery you've previously already created? as I have one in the pipeline but it could do with an update and a general bit of TLC.
Yeah please join in, it’s a lot of fun!

Yes, previously made liveries are fine. I plan on doing the same as I’m not sure what else to make than what I’ve already made. And to refresh on the rules like @Nuschel01 already said: As long as the liveries entered haven’t been used in a previous competition it’s all good!

Anyways here goes my entry. A slight tweak to the real one - I originally made it white but decided a while back to tweak it slightly and make it silver. Didn't share the silver one, so the one I link here is white. If you want to view the silver one, do let me know.

FINAL ENTRY

Ken Gushi Greddy Racing

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
The Spirit of Skids

This is going to be controversial... most drift cars are not exactly pretty. And I say that in the most loving way possible.

I owned an R32 for a while and spent a fair bit of time at grassroots drifting events. The Skylines, Silvias and Soarers there, are there to die. It was quite confronting to me at first, watching these dream cars be pushed to destruction,fixed, wrecked, than thrown away and replaced. Over time though, I grew to appreciate the relaxed attitude and great fun that these events; along with these beat to death rear wheel drive weapons can create. It’s a no 🤬 given attitude that is pretty unique in Motorsport and life.

For me, drifting isn’t about flashy corporate backed professionals and while that type of livery is right up my ally; I was coming up blank for this challenge. So instead I decked out an old RX7 like a granny spec S13. Then I spent some hours adding the marks, scars, scrapes, zipties and rubber that come from throwing cars at walls along with some basic, relevant decals. Oh and the obligatory rattle canned stockies and carbon fibre wrap on the bonnet... to hide the fact that it’s a different colour to the car :lol:

I’m not sure if this livery is even technically eligible for this comp, but I had a lot of fun making it :cheers:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/user/livery/2320572/1/6062488325722243081

Last edited:
Yeah I was aware of the lines been upside down, I have another version on the go but may actually submit a different design altogether after having another idea.

That livery has over 3000 likes and it's kinda funny no one else has noticed :D
I did, but since using old liveries isn't against the rules, I didn't mind it :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back