The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 07 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 95 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Replicate an existing one”.

Just my .02, but unless the assignment is to replicate one, I’ll never vote for a replicated design. I’ll always vote for new and unique.

Brilliant entries from everyone!! Quality liveries all round, I wish I was half as creative as some of you guys :bowdown:. It will be interesting to see which one comes out on top at the end, and it’s gonna be a tough one to vote as well. Well done everyone very impressive!

FINAL ENTRY

View media item 41222View media item 41223

Finally got round to it, but here's my entry. Not quite 100% perfect, some decals are a tad off compared to the real deal, with one or two appropriate placeholders where others couldn't be used, though on the whole it's a massive improvement on how it was before I updated it. I'd still be fiddling with it now if there wasn't a time limit, so best to post it while I'm happy with it for now :lol:.

Anyhow, on to the livery itself; As a fan of HKS as a tuning company, I've always loved their liveries, most notably with iconic HKS design that caught my eye as a kid all those years ago, it really stood out and still does to this day. With this particular one I decided to do my best to honour one of my favourite liveries, certainly one of the best to adorn a drift car in my opinion. Of course the car in question is the HKS Genki Altezza, as driven by Nobuteru "NOB" Taniguchi. I remember seeing it action with Taniguchi at the wheel some 10+years ago, one of the first times I saw a full drift competition in action when I caught a live-stream of D1 way back when. As a car and livery it really stood out, by which time I was already vaguely familiar with drifting, and has been one of the reasons I've been so fascinated since.

PS: Big thanks to @Maninashed for sorting out a couple of decals for us too :cheers:.

Link to livery

Last edited:
K32
@syntex123 What font did you use for "DRIFT MACHINE" in the picture for the OP? Looks cool.
You should ask @CroxSkin, I only put up the competitions, the winners/theme pickers make the banners themselves, unless they ask me to. And so far noone has. :)

Reactions: K32
FINAL ENTRY

Dunlop Drift Demo Car

At first I wanted to find a nice drift car to replicate (the Genki Super Silvia from GT4, and some others), but finally I decided to go very wild as @CroxSkin asked, and I went to a bold original design.

I've found relevant that a drift car was sponsored by a tire manufacturer. Hence this Dunlop Drift Demo Car. All faces are different, this is a matte black car with black, dark grey and yellow decals on it. I've use only in game decals for the shapes but some "Dunlop" users stickers, like the fingerprint @syntex123 shared.

Most of the livery is dedicated to Dunlop, but as drift cars usually have a lot of sponsors, they are all grouped on the roof here, the only "clean" place of the car.

EDIT : updated the main pics and added the action shot and the link :
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1276435/1/4612276534096430105

Last edited:
Updated my entry to this:

FINAL ENTRY
(update 2018-06-18)

'The Snake Doctor or The Taming of a Maverick Oddball'

This drifting reptile is finished now to a degree my skills are allowing.
When I first met this 427 AC/Shelby Cobra in GT4
I never thought this vehicle would be ridable anyway.
Like a snake it went its own way searching the quickest way in order to escape.
My choice is inspired by an online article on
Ballet on asphalt.
The licence plate is a tribute to the well-known actor James Dean
who died (aged 24) in a Porsche 550 Spyder on his way to a race track 63 years ago in September 1955.

Sam Hubinette Won the inaugural Formula Drift Championship with a Viper all the way back in 2004. And I think this girl is still a beauty!
My favorite drift cars were always the ones you wouldn't expect, a Solstice, a WRX, a skyline, But a Viper!? That's a whole 'nother beast.

Thanks for picking this theme! I wouldn't have thought about this design nor found out how awesome this car is to drive! It is so well behaved! It sticks the ground, well...like a snake. BTW it's actually a good Drift car too. SH tires, maxed stats, it's core of great balance and mechanical grip makes it very easy and fun to use.

Anyways, this car was super fun to make, and came together quite beautifully. I created the aggressive base layer on the original car (Google drift viper) with a sweet blue camo and Tear decal I found. And this was the first time I've used a gradient decal and boy does it make the back end look good! The side Mopar logo was a bit hard to place because of the viper's large hood and how it eats a third of that 'M'. Found some nice sponsor decals, adapted them to the car and voila! A real beauty in my opinion.

FINAL ENTRY

Can you please upload this to the world

FINAL ENTRY

I decided to update an old livery I made as a drift livery car. It s a Gengar Pokemon based livery and i tried to make it more wild and more japanese for this contest. The base colour is a special purple, I also try to work on it with the 'masking tape' technique for the first time.
Characters are all hand-made. I reached the 300 decals limit.
Hope to collect at least one vote for this time !

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
Manabu Orido's Advan Supra D1GP livery for 2010-2011

The theme got my attention so I decided to give this a go. :lol:

So I'm a fan of D1GP and Max Orido is one of my favorite drifters in the series even though he's no longer there but he's an OG guy. From a judge and commentator with Tsuchiya and Manabu Suzuki to becoming a drifter for RS-R Racing and Max Orido Racing before leaving the series for three years before coming back full time in 2009. With that being said, I decided to make a livery based off the 2010-2011 Supra that Orido drove and I must say, I had a lot of fun doing this because the new Supra works well with the Advan livery. Only downside to this is the lack of a particular decal aka Rire Racing (i decided to improvise and use the Schneider Racing logo instead) and other decals as well (I improvised as well). Not to mention I had a bit of hard time trying to put that sponsor box to the car. Oh and as for the sponsor box, I used the 2006/07 D1GP sponsor box where Autobacs was still the main sponsor for the series before Gran Turismo took over.

So overall, I had a lot of fun with the car and the livery itself.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/profile/4864720/livery/4864720/1/5773641181664641033

We reached 20 entries for now.

@Nuschel01 and @syntex123 : 1 or 3 votes ? I think the range and different taste of the works justify a 3-way but I’ll let you judge.

(And also I couldn’t decide for one only at this moment :D)

FINAL ENTRY

I kind'a rushed this one since I've been busy with some family stuff, so I apologize if it seems a bit on the sloppy side. Pretty much there was this anime that became one of my favorites a long while back. One character featured was this small girl with a big temper. The school had a nickname for her which was "Palmtop Tiger" due to her being small yet so aggressive along with her name sounding like the word tiger. Sometimes this little tiger would pop up as a little caricature to show when she was angry, and this little SF-R with its angry eyes and gaping mouth reminded me of that little tiger.

The decal of the character I found happened to be wearing headphones, so I decided to slap Sony Walkman branding onto the car. The rest was just fun stuff that I collected. The stripes actually pushed me up to the 300 decal limit. :lol:

Here she is!

I really rushed to get this one done. I hope you guys like it, and good luck to everyone. :cheers:

FINAL ENTRY

I kind'a rushed this one since I've been busy with some family stuff, so I apologize if it seems a bit on the sloppy side. Pretty much there was this anime that became one of my favorites a long while back. One character featured was this small girl with a big temper. The school had a nickname for her which was "Palmtop Tiger" due to her being small yet so aggressive along with her name sounding like the word tiger. Sometimes this little tiger would pop up as a little caricature to show when she was angry, and this little SF-R with its angry eyes and gaping mouth reminded me of that little tiger.

The decal of the character I found happened to be wearing headphones, so I decided to slap Sony Walkman branding onto the car. The rest was just fun stuff that I collected. The stripes actually pushed me up to the 300 decal limit. :lol:

Here she is!

I really rushed to get this one done. I hope you guys like it, and good luck to everyone. :cheers:
Toradora! Probably the best slice of life/school-themed anime out there. Nice choice man :cheers:

We reached 20 entries for now.

@Nuschel01 and @syntex123 : 1 or 3 votes ? I think the range and different taste of the works justify a 3-way but I’ll let you judge.

(And also I couldn’t decide for one only at this moment :D)

I think three as well, didn't we set a limit of a minimum of 20 entries for that? I'm not sure. :lol:
If anyone wants just a single vote system, then single vote it is.

I think three as well, didn't we set a limit of a minimum of 20 entries for that? I'm not sure. :lol:
If anyone wants just a single vote system, then single vote it is.

I think the important thing to stress in the Poll is that you CAN vote for 3 entries, but you DON'T have to... a voter should only use multiple votes if they cannot pick a single winner...

... also, I'm failing to get an entry in again ... I suck. My BMW Team Dorifto, celebrating 40 years of Alpina in Japan & NICOLE racing, M4 Rising Sun livery will have to wait.

@MatskiMonk Like I did the last time we had three votes, but people failed to read that part. :lol: (and in the regular thread just before posting the poll thread as well.. Wrote it there too :P)

Well, for what it's worth, looking forward to seeing it when you get it done, be it in the poll or outside it. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back