The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 09 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 88 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been working on and off on a rusted AF fiat. But you can’t change the wheels on it. Sadly it won’t work for this contest. Can we darken the hubcaps after the fact on this one car?

Last edited:
I’ve been working on and off on a rusted AF fiat. But you can’t change the wheels on it. Sadly it won’t work for this contest. Can we darken the hubcaps after the fact on this one car?
Go ahead, I did one detail in post process on mine (the headlight, it winks). Just don’t go crazy. 👍

@BLiTZ may I ask you how did you manage to obtain that dust-covered effect on the Supra? I have no clue where to start xD

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

I tried to make a forgotten A110 1600S 1973 Monte Carlo Alpine.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gts...lery/all/livery/3599907/1/4899986836366034433
https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gts...lery/all/livery/3599907/1/5044102027190206977
It looks stunning! Though the A110 isn't the best candidate for a rusty look, since it was mostly made of fiberglass. Whatever, your work looks amazing anyways :bowdown:

FINAL ENTRY

The other day, me and the boys were offroading around the Monument Valley with my '11 Raptor for some fun; we took a new route we never took before, and to our surprise, we found a C3 Corvette abandoned alongside it...and with a Texas plate! The car was a bit of a rust bucket, but at the same time, surprisingly in good shape, considering where it was left to die. The doors were open, and both the title and the keys were in the glove box...of course, the car didn't start, but then again, nothing that my Raptor couldn't tow back home. Because yes, we will try to rescue this Corvette, and bring her back to life!

(Yes, I did make a quick livery for the Raptor just for the sake of this shot xD)
@LineR32 don't worry, I've already taken care of myself :scared:

A combination of changing the decal texture to powder and using gradients to build up layers.
Thanks, gonna have to try/look for some tutorials, the effect looked amazing on the A70 :cheers:

FINAL"ish" ENTRY

I'm not a fan of fiats.....at all. When we first got them in game a made a rust bucket one because I wanted a laugh. I spent a few days making it look better, or worse depending on your perspective, for this contest. This pile of garbage got left to die after Tony got sick of fixing this failure in automotive technology time and time again. ( Two fiat slams in that one sentence.) If we get a classic Mini before this contest is over I will redo my entry.

I have about 30-40 different layers of rust on this one little tiny car. I wanted to alter the hubcaps in photoshop but I felt that violated the spirit of doing everything in game. The fabric roof is Italian flag covered in black mold and mildew from years of being hidden from public view, forgotten out where ever it's owner hid it's shame from the world.

fiat1.jpg
fiat2.jpg

9fiat3.jpg

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Sorry, I am not really a story-teller. Lovely theme, I love these kind of details. And I have made a handfull of cars with racing dirt etc, but never a barnfind dusty car. I really had to up my game on this one, making realistic looking dust is hard!

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Sorry, I am not really a story-teller. Lovely theme, I love these kind of details. And I have made a hand fun of cars with racing dirt etc, but never a barnfind dusty car. I really had to up my game on this one, making realistic looking dust is hard!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: how did you manage to make such a good-looking dust effect...honestly, you guys are the "aliens" of the livery editor :lol:

Should've wrote "CLEAN ME" instead of "THANK YOU" though, at least that's what happens around here when a car gets left to gather enough dust :P

FINAL ENTRY

Sorry, I am not really a story-teller. Lovely theme, I love these kind of details. And I have made a hand fun of cars with racing dirt etc, but never a barnfind dusty car. I really had to up my game on this one, making realistic looking dust is hard!

Perfect!

Actually looks dusty and it has bird poop as well!

Absolutely stunning work, guys. :bowdown: Keep it up :D

Should've wrote "CLEAN ME" instead of "THANK YOU" though, at least that's what happens around here when a car gets left to gather enough dust :P

They write more than just ‘clean me’ here in Norway. They draw a certain male member on dirty cars too.. saw one just yesterday, looking somewhat like a spaghetti stick! :lol:

Absolutely stunning work, guys. :bowdown: Keep it up :D

They write more than just ‘clean me’ here in Norway. They draw a certain male member on dirty cars too.. saw one just yesterday, looking somewhat like a spaghetti stick! :lol:

Last week I saw a very dirty van on a car park, someone wrote on the side :

"Wish my girlfriend was as dirty as this van" :D

Edit :

On a serious note, I tried to make photo's with the given instructions, but it looks like the snow is way too bright ?! Is it for real to level up the exposure to +2.0 instead of 0.2 or maybe till 0.80 ?! #myeyeshurt :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Last week I saw a very dirty van on a car park, someone wrote on the side :

"Wish my girlfriend was as dirty as this van" :D

Edit :

On a serious note, I tried to make photo's with the given instructions, but it looks like the snow is way too bright ?! Is it for real to level up the exposure to +2.0 instead of 0.2 or maybe till 0.80 ?! #myeyeshurt :rolleyes:
Yep, that's the settings I use. It may look bright on SDR but should look ok once exported to your computer, the idea is to end up with a (nearly) white background.

FINAL ENTRY

The persistence of time, and wind, and rain........

What happens if you leave if 1972 Alpine A110 1600S in a dilapidated and leaky Dutch barn for 40 years?

This Alpine was unusual as it was actually built in Mexico, under licence by Diesel Nacional, and imported back to the UK by semi-pro rally driver George Vardy, it competed in the 1973 Monte Carlo rally in the privateer class, finishing in 53rd place overall, a good way behind the works Alpine team that completed a tremendous 1st, 2nd and 3rd that same year. One of the pictures below shows the Alpine after returning back to England that same year, pictured with 2 other Alpines at the annual Suffolk County Show. George went on to complete a further 11 rallies over the next 2 years, the final one being the 1975 Lombard RAC Rally in Britain where Vardy placed an impressive 21st overall.

This was where George and the A110 parted ways, George secured a Group N drive in a Lancia Stratos and the Alpine was bought in late 1976 by a wealthy private enthusiast and collector; Ben Thatcher, a landowner and proprietor of several farms in the UK. The intention was to strip the car back to its original spec and then join his sizeable collection. Sadly this work never took place after Ben passed away unexpectedly a year later and the Alpine was left in an old Dutch barn at his farm in Wales along with a couple of other cars and host of farm implements.

Ben's family had clearly underestimated both the value and desirability of the Alpine compared to some of the more obviously valuable cars he had at the time. The farm was mothballed in 1979 as the family focused on the other businesses and thus the Alpine was to spend the next 37 years sat in an open-sided barn next to an old Fordson tractor and a Massey Harris combine harvester. Open to the elements, year after year of rain, wind and sun left the Alpine in a horrendous condition, while the body remained relatively strong due to its fibreglass construction the chrome, rubbers trim, paint and wheels steadily rusted, cracked and faded, helped along by decades or rusty water falling from the barn roof.

Salvation came in 2016 when the farm was put up for sale and the Alpine was sold for a mere £300 to a car restoration fanatic called John Logan. The car took some moving, most of the chassis and drivetrain had seized but with some forceful persuasion and a new set of wheels, the car was transported to Halifax in Yorkshire to John's workshop and can be seen below in the picture before the hard work began...

Download here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...arLivery/livery/1309219/1/4980994455104422401

448 decals used

:cheers: Hope you enjoy :cheers:

Last edited:
*EDIT* Updated spoiler photos, should be a bit clearer and also show what the car used to look like :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back