The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 09 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 88 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL ENTRY

The persistence of time, and wind, and rain........

What happens if you leave if 1972 Alpine A110 1600S in a dilapidated and leaky Dutch barn for 40 years?

This Alpine was unusual as it was actually built in Mexico, under licence by Diesel Nacional, and imported back to the UK by semi-pro rally driver George Vardy, it competed in the 1973 Monte Carlo rally in the privateer class, finishing in 53rd place overall, a good way behind the works Alpine team that completed a tremendous 1st, 2nd and 3rd that same year. One of the pictures below shows the Alpine after returning back to England that same year, pictured with 2 other Alpines at the annual Suffolk County Show. George went on to complete a further 11 rallies over the next 2 years, the final one being the 1975 Lombard RAC Rally in Britain where Vardy placed an impressive 21st overall.

This was where George and the A110 parted ways, George secured a Group N drive in a Lancia Stratos and the Alpine was bought in late 1976 by a wealthy private enthusiast and collector; Ben Thatcher, a landowner and proprietor of several farms in the UK. The intention was to strip the car back to its original spec and then join his sizeable collection. Sadly this work never took place after Ben passed away unexpectedly a year later and the Alpine was left in an old Dutch barn at his farm in Wales along with a couple of other cars and host of farm implements.

Ben's family had clearly underestimated both the value and desirability of the Alpine compared to some of the more obviously valuable cars he had at the time. The farm was mothballed in 1979 as the family focused on the other businesses and thus the Alpine was to spend the next 37 years sat in an open-sided barn next to an old Fordson tractor and a Massey Harris combine harvester. Open to the elements, year after year of rain, wind and sun left the Alpine in a horrendous condition, while the body remained relatively strong due to its fibreglass construction the chrome, rubbers trim, paint and wheels steadily rusted, cracked and faded, helped along by decades or rusty water falling from the barn roof.

Salvation came in 2016 when the farm was put up for sale and the Alpine was sold for a mere £300 to a car restoration fanatic called John Logan. The car took some moving, most of the chassis and drivetrain had seized but with some forceful persuasion and a new set of wheels, the car was transported to Halifax in Yorkshire to John's workshop and can be seen below in the picture before the hard work began...

Download here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...arLivery/livery/1309219/1/4980994455104422401

448 decals used

:cheers: Hope you enjoy :cheers:

I really love your story and the livery work, too. Keep us entertained please.

I really love your story and the livery work, too. Keep us entertained please.

Cheers buddy, I know it was a long story but I felt it added to the design, some of it is very true, some is fiction. I have seen a car like this before, it was an old Triumph at a farm near where I grew up, forgotten by time and almost ruined!

Thanks again!

FINAL ENTRY

In 1969 Roger Penske sat down with GM executives on what car he was going to run in the Trans Am series in that year. He had been caught cheating the two years prior and strict rules were being laid down on all Chevy Camaro's entered.
Roger wanted to go back to racing Corvettes like he had done up until the 1967 season. Roger was more successful with those without needing the weight reduced edge.
He wanted to sport Corvettes so bad he went and built this car as a testament as to what they can do. He recorded lap times at Laguna Seca and reported them back to the execs whom responded with much glee as to what the 327HO (really a destroked 350) could put up, blazing the track record Penske had set the year prior.
Much to his dismay, however the Corvette still managed to be too light for competition and was scrapped for the heavier Camaro which had just undergone a remodel. After maintaining the car for 4 years as a testbed for new powerplants and suspension expirements, Penske parked the car in one of his warehouses where it sat for 45 years, changing owners as the land was sold multiple times, sitting forgotten in the back of the warehouse.
Three weeks ago that same wareho use was scheduled for demolition. An estate sale was held and a select few were allowed in before the sale opened. A Sunoco Race Team enthusiast was one and immediately fell in love with the vehicle he thought was a tribute car. After purchasing the racer for a fair $8000 he set out to find out more.
Being the enthusiast that he was, he knew many people in the field that would help him in his research, and was quickly set up with a mysterious interview with Roger Penske himself. After hours of the two combing over the beaten and haggard remains of the Corvette, Roger confirmed to the enthusiast that this, in fact, was the rare Concept.

FINAL ENTRY

Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88 Kaz's Ride

One of our local car-dealers got an email from a guy that he owned one of Kazunori's first cars.
A toyota Supra from 1988!
The car-dealer ,who knew that I have the symptoms of a Gran Turismo console freak,asked me what to do.

Buy,buy fast was my advice......Even a rumor of having one of Kaz's old cars is enough to buy it.
BTW the "car" was so cheap,(have you seen it :lol:) the seller almost gave some money with it.;)

I made some pictures and send them to Japan's headquarters of GT Sport.
And ....Yes,Kaz identified the stickers on the car and even asked if he could scan the cars appearance so he could fit it in the December update from this yea.....

.......Riiiinnnnnng...........

Honey wake up,time to go to work,.................... :grumpy:

I have to admit this livery is a revisit from the one I made in March.
To little time this week to do a full new one.:cheers:

FINAL ENTRY

Last scene taking a mountain cruise, the car was in a serious crash. The car had to be towed back and was sold by the original owner. It was sold the next day to be restored. The new owner didn’t have enough money to fix it up to they went far away to a valley up in the mountains and was left in primer and scratches on the parts that were not replaced. Although the parts below the trim were fully restored

Last edited:
You might want to resize your images to be within the rules.
Just sayin‘ ;)

Thanks. Didn’t realise the images were so big. I have uploaded the images to the GT Planet media so hopefully that makes them the right size now.
Basically I did an image grab from PS4 share and added the pics to Facebook. Saved them to my phone and shared them to the forum here. I’m guessing there’s a better way. I prefer using my phone instead of a laptop.

...lot of rusty plastic going on in this thread :rolleyes:
Doesn’t matter that much. I’ll applaud the effort, and even vote if I like it. Not everyone knows a corvette Is fiberglass and won’t rust.

*cough* ;)

abandoned_supercars_077.jpg

I think there have to be allowances for the suspension of disbelief in these competitions otherwise it just curtails the imagination, just my view but I'm not sure I'd enter if I don't have carte blanche to create!

Thats why I went for dust, I did not know for sure if the Countach had metal, aluminum or Polyester/fiberglass

Dust applies on EVERYTHING, for better or worse! :D

The Countach shell was a tubular frame with aircraft grade aluminium panels so it would corrode but not rust

FINAL ENTRY

we have been running from the dead for months now.

it was snow season when we first arrived in Nozawa. Our first family trip to the snow. First family snowboard season. First family trip to Japan. Our excitement was beyond contagious. My wife and I had visited before but not like this, not with our kids enjoying it with us. We landed at Naritia, stayed a few nights in Nakano, then moved north to Nozawa where a close friend had a renovated pub. We stayed in Nozawa for a week, maybe 2. It was midway through our second week we'd learned of the dead. the dead were rising. We gathered all we could and moved town to town, further south east as much as we could, hoping the snow and cold would subside. The dead enveloped every waking moment, we moved on in silence, town by town in the coldest nights we had ever experienced and the we came upon our savior. in a wooden barn on the coastline we found this. our fight with the dead was no longer a losing battle, we had our chariot to freedom

View media item 42111View media item 42109

EDIT: ok so i kind of switched the bonus photos around, hope that's ok (fits the narrative a little better). Garage shot for before and non-garage shot for how she looked just after we found her

Last edited:
Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

We are from the Netherlands, so excuse us for our poor English sometimes. Although we are already 18 years in the U.S. now, we still have our faults in the grammar, so sorry for that.

We moved to the United States because I found a dream job in Flagstaff, hired a 3 rooms appartment in the outskirts of Flagstaff and my boyfriend started a job in ICT/Web development education. Two years later, Spring 2001, we did a hell of a gamble to buy a house from an auction. A good friend told us about a house near Cloudcroft, New Mexico. He was informed the house could have an odd treasure behind the house. The owners couldn't pay their bills anymore, huge depts as we heard from our friend and they moved out in 1999. In two years time the nature took every single square meter and it was a real mess to clean everything up before we could start the restoration.

And funny enough, from an audience of 10/15 people, we were the only couple who were seriously interested to buy the lot. The stupid couple or the lucky ones, time would tell the outcome. $ 360.000 dollars (330.000 at the start of the auction) in total we bought for this adventure.

Well, yes, it had an odd treasure behind the house, a treehouse, 8 meters above the ground with amazing sights was part of the property, it needed a lot of restoration to use that space, but it was as our friend Aaron told us.. it had an odd treasure !
But the real treasure wasn't behind our house.. it was beneath it. Plants, trees, not a single clue we got from the outside there was a garage in the basement, a driveway around the house to the backyard into a large 11 by 11 feet garage, full of dust, car parts and a green paintbucket on the ground that showed the possibility we were the owners of a ( rare? ) classic sportscar also !

And rare it was !
The second weekend we owned our house, made huge stepts in cleaned the house at the outside, friends came over to help and look at the car we got. William was a big car freak and directly fell in love with the first sights of our DeTomaso Pantera. But then he got a dejavu moment. The car looked, behind all the dust and the green paint on it's roof, familiar to him. Back then, 2001, youTube didn't exists, vhs or dvd was our only resource 'to find' the car. William was sure about it. This car was a moviecar. Not the main character, but somehwere in the past a reasonably role in a famous car-movie. It wasn't Gone in 60 Seconds (the original), and it wasn't LeMans either (with Steve McQueen - 1971). Then the penny dropped. Herbie ! The Love bug ! He bought the whole box of 4 movies and back in our motorhome, we started the sunday to do a Herbie marathon. And we had to 'wait' till the third movie, Herbie goes to Monte Carlo !

There it was..
Detomaso Pantera in Herbie 1

DeTomaso Pantera in Herbie 2

Something odd in the basement turned into a broken movie car ! What a treasure it was ! Aaron was overfilled with joy for us and knew something about the car too, but wouldn't spoil the real joy of this discovery. Still a lot of work to do, to the house at first an then to bring our soon to be named Mister 66 to a very talented car detailer in Vermont, he was able to bring it back in it's old glory.. This is how we found Mister 66 in the basement ;

We are still waiting for documentations from Disney though, in the mean time we were very happy to share our story and one last photo before we will restore Mr 66 into a better condition ;

Story is totally fictional of course. My first 'dirt car' in GTsport and with over 500 decals to make it. Besides the 'racy' decals from other users, I made the rust & dust from the decals we got from GTsport, it was a real joy and challenge to do, with also the most hours I spend on a livery ever.
And because we don't have a classic Beetle in GTsport, I still have something like a tribute to Herbie, the movie-series that made me the car-enthusiast I am now.

:sly: :gtpflag:

Edit : Only some text editing, nothing changed about the entry (yes, better tumbnails).

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

First job of this kind for me, too. I was used to work with glossy paint and decals.
This was a true challenge, but thanks to some hints of members I managed to create this "zombie"
which was forgotten in a barn for 50 years in Toscana, Italy.
The Abarth Fiat 500 Omologato was modificated and prepared for the Coppa Domenicale San Remo 1969.
Hopefully I will come up with an entertaining story – but can't promise.

Link to livery at gran-turismo.com​

I see some entries needs some attention, @V100s, spoiler alert? ;) :lol:

And I also see many chose to not take a garage photo even though it said so in the rules, but I'll let it slide. I'm also a little swamped (and tired, so tired). Even though I got home on Sunday from my vacation, I've been busy since.

I will extend this round 24h, but bear in mind - no new entries will be accepted when the comp is over in one hour. It's only to let those of you who need to fix their entries to do so.

Thanks. Didn’t realise the images were so big. I have uploaded the images to the GT Planet media so hopefully that makes them the right size now.
Basically I did an image grab from PS4 share and added the pics to Facebook. Saved them to my phone and shared them to the forum here. I’m guessing there’s a better way. I prefer using my phone instead of a laptop.
If I‘m not mistaken at least my screen now shows the first image to be correct but the second one not :boggled: I really like your entry and don‘t want to see it being DSQ‘d :cheers:

And I also see many chose to not take a garage photo even though it said so in the rules, but I'll let it slide. I'm also a little swamped (and tired, so tired). Even though I got home on Sunday from my vacation, I've been busy since.

I will extend this round 24h, but bear in mind - no new entries will be accepted when the comp is over in one hour. It's only to let those of you who need to fix their entries to do so.
ah CRAP...i'll add a garage shot when i get home from work tonight..my bad

I made changes. I hope I did it the right way. See you Mate

I didn't take a garage photo because the op said "you can", not "you must", so I sticked to the "found it here abandoned" shot. But I'll be happy to take a garage one as well tonight! I originally wanted to, but eventually forgot :P

I didn't take a garage photo because the op said "you can", not "you must", so I sticked to the "found it here abandoned" shot. But I'll be happy to take a garage one as well tonight! I originally wanted to, but eventually forgot :P

No worries. I just didn't want random bonus shots, that's it :D But all abandoned shots looks ok so it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back