Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

Surprisingly, we've seen more original creations than replicas. Time to change that. Livery and image by @TYLER2013 - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
Replicas and original work were discussed in the last competition. it's only fair to let you know that this round is all about replicas! Now that we've gotten a few more cars to play with, who knows what to expect! let's hear what @TYLER2013 has to say:

As a huge fan of replicas of real cars brought to GT Sport. I had the idea to challenge everyone to recreate any replica and bring it to GTS. It can be anything from basic special editions of stock cars, past Gran Turismo classics to world famous race cars or movie cars. Cars must be a replica, name of the car or where it appears is a must.

CARS: All (no VGT)
LIVERIES: Replicas, Anything as long as it's stated where it's from(movie, show, game, etc) or its real world counterpart.
USER MADE DECALS: No limit
LOCATIONS: Shiretoko or White Sands 01/09 for the main pics
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
- Must post reference photo!
- The bonus shot must be comparable to the car you are replicating. It should be in the same angle as the reference photo of said car.
- Not mandatory but recommended: make a custom helmet and suit to match the replica.

Shiretoko
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

White Sands 01/09

Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr.
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Preview images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • You are required to use two ‘main’ photos, viewing the front and the back of the car/suit. You can post one additional photos inside a spoiler.

• No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online(in-game) to prove it’s your work.

Deadline

September 12, 2018 (23:59, CEST/GMT+2)

Last edited:
Hadn't I completed my Thomson 512 BB some time ago, I would've entered with that one! Oh well, time to find a new replica to make :D

Damn, I should've saved my last entry for this this one instead. :lol::lol: All good though, I'm looking forward to see all the great replicas! :cheers:

I would enter this one, I have a few replicas sitting in my garage but I really cba doing another suit and helmet.

I feel like I’ve been given a middle finger here, lol.

Is a suit required too? Or did someone get crazy with the C&P?

I feel like I’ve been given a middle finger here, lol.

:lol: I was tempted to quote my response to you in the last comp. (Page 3, you know what I talk about ;))

Is a suit required too? Or did someone get crazy with the C&P?

C&P?

Well if you read the unique restrictions you’d find out very quickly if you need a suit or not. :)
Unless @TYLER2013 says something else, I would follow the rules.

Have a good one!

yea this will be fun. how far can i stretch the rules here? for instance, could the car livery replicate a famous..truck, motorcycle..or helicopter?

Ah. Of course. I just say copy-paste, I don’t use the AND. But no, this isn’t a copy-paste. All-new but similar theme.

Yea this will be fun. How far can I stretch the rules here? For instance, could the car livery replicate a famous truck, motorcycle..or helicopter?

I don’t know. Hopefully the creator comes along soon to answer your questions.

Fixed your post ;) (in this quote only) I know the senior moderators and the AUP appreciates decent grammar and proper use of capital letters.

Last edited:
I was trying to challenge everyone to replicate a car. Cars can include but are not limited to these categories.(examples)
  • Show cars
  • Movie cars
  • Drift,Drag,Time attack cars
  • GranTurismo classics
  • World famous Race cars
  • Military,police,etc
You can make trucks say for example by putting rally,monster truck, or racing liveries on them. Again not limited to just those as long as it is based off a real world vehicle. Take the new amuse S2000 for example you can turn it into say, Gran Turismo classic race cars, spoon sports, opera performance, AEM S2000, mugan, doomed S2000 etc.

Suit's can be a bonus option or dropped from this competition if moderators, judges allow to ease up on requirements.

I was trying to challenge everyone to replicate a car. Cars can include but are not limited to these categories.(examples)
  • Show cars
  • Movie cars
  • Drift,Drag,Time attack cars
  • GranTurismo classics
  • World famous Race cars
  • Military,police,etc
You can make trucks say for example by putting rally,monster truck, or racing liveries on them. Again not limited to just those as long as it is based off a real world vehicle. Take the new amuse S2000 for example you can turn it into say, Gran Turismo classic race cars, spoon sports, opera performance, AEM S2000, mugan, doomed S2000 etc.

Suit's can be a bonus option or dropped from this competition if moderators, judges allow to ease up on requirements.
Thanks for clearing that up! Can't wait to get started.

To add, can we apply said liveries to any car? Say I have a Mazda RX8 with a livery. Can I slap that on whatever I please or is some relevance required in terms of body type etc

This will be a hard one.

Will it be judged on accuracy, complexity, beauty ? A perfect Herbie is far easier than an approximative Goodsmile Racing AMG... And what about road car replicas like a Nismo 400R on the R33 ?

Anyway, here are a few questions for @TYLER2013 :
- Can we use already posted liveries ? (So far we could but for the LEC#12, JK specified that he wanted only new entries)
- About the suit and helmet : do they have to match the design of the replica, or do they have to be replicas of the actual suit and helmet used with the car in real life ?
- Pics : 2 from the « showcase » scape, but you said « at least one with a custom suit/helmet ». So how many bonus pics are allowed ? Does the custom suit have to be in Shiretoko/White Sands or only in the bonus pic ?

After 1.25 I'm fully expecting Poll full of Herbies and Mr Bean Minis :lol:
Maybe too easy for the competition, but Martini Deltas could find their ways ;)

Will it be judged on accuracy, complexity, beauty ? A perfect Herbie is far easier than an approximative Goodsmile Racing AMG...
That‘s the thing with these votings, everyone‘s vote is based on different things.

And what about road car replicas like a Nismo 400R on the R33 ?
I‘d rather give that a vote than a half-ass‘d GSR AMG :D

I‘ll probably enter one of my E30 liveries, I just have to make a suit now. Finding photos of 90‘s JTCC driver‘s helmets is not the best task to do :lol:

Last edited:
Damn, saw this to late to act quickly. I have the simple, yet cute entry for this, just must hope for no one will have the same idea to enter with this one. ^^

This will be a hard one.

Will it be judged on accuracy, complexity, beauty ? A perfect Herbie is far easier than an approximative Goodsmile Racing AMG... And what about road car replicas like a Nismo 400R on the R33 ?

Anyway, here are a few questions for @TYLER2013 :
- Can we use already posted liveries ? (So far we could but for the LEC#12, JK specified that he wanted only new entries)
- About the suit and helmet : do they have to match the design of the replica, or do they have to be replicas of the actual suit and helmet used with the car in real life ?
- Pics : 2 from the « showcase » scape, but you said « at least one with a custom suit/helmet ». So how many bonus pics are allowed ? Does the custom suit have to be in Shiretoko/White Sands or only in the bonus pic ?

Maybe too easy for the competition, but Martini Deltas could find their ways ;)
I always thought they had to be a livery you designed but have not been entered in previous competitions. If it's allowed I'm okay with it.
Suit, helmet don't have to be replicas of the real one used. You just have to make one matching the replica you choose. It was only meant to include the helmet, suit editor portion of the game.
Photos should be the standard front/side, back/side view and 1 bonus image containing the car, suit or suit itself. I will check with @syntex123 about removing the helmet,suit requirement and focus more on the cars.
Replica accuracy is preferred but due to some limitations (N/A cars,decal,body style) and how these are judged you can make the livery on another car if it is not available in the game. As for stock or special editions of cars they are allowed as stated in original post. Examples amuse carbon r, 400r, nismo r, z tune etc are ok. I tried to make it so that there is alot of options to choose from.
For future reference I'll keep in mind not to do replica only theme and do category based themes allowing originals. Hope this helps.

Since I was tree’d and didn’t notice it until now, I’m just updating this post to say the mandatory suit+helmet is now changed to recommended only.

Last edited:
A little formatting request, can the deadline be at the top under the description in bold red?
Sure, if we get enough supporters to this idea, I’ll change it.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I just think it might work a bit better along side the blurb and the specific competition rules, before the long list of general rules :cheers:
I guess, but since each competition lasts 14 days, one would think the regulars knew the timeframe by now :)

For future reference I'll keep in mind not to do replica only theme and do category based themes allowing originals. Hope this helps.
Why? I'd see a replica theme as totally fine. Some may not like it but it's fine, just as I didn't take part in the art cars edition since I have no clue about art (yet this didn't make it a bad theme at all). To each their own :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back