The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 13 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 375 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL ENTRY
I decided to change up my entry. Just didn't feel the Corvette was up to the mark. This is yet another livery I had done before but not to the full potential.
So I just started it again rather than editing it. I love this livery so much! I'd say it's one of the best I've seen. I just love the colour mix
The Silver goes very well and the black mask really compliments it with the green accents.
The livery is created by AC67 who uploaded it to RaceDepartment but I actually found the shots byt Nancorocks on Deviant art who rendered the car and made some really wonderful shots of it.

I couldn't really figure out to add the perfect matching shot as I've never really went in depth with the Scapes section so chose this look instead.

Last edited:
Drop the suit shot?

Wait, I've now added who made the car haha. I may have forgot to say where it's from :(:eek:
I wouldn’t say drop it, but combine it somewhere. Only four images should be posted, three in-game and one reference.

I wouldn’t say drop it, but combine it somewhere. Only four images should be posted, three in-game and one reference.
no problem. just because I couldn't see anything saying a suit shot wasn't ok but I guess it also doesn't say it is ok. My bad. I'll edit late.

no problem. just because I couldn't see anything saying a suit shot wasn't ok but I guess it also doesn't say it is ok. My bad. I'll edit late.
Yeah no originally before the whole reference shot edit in the OP it said one of the shots needed to have the suit in them, should've been a little bit clearer on that after the edit maybe. :D but it still says only one bonus shot though, so there's that. :)

FINAL ENTRY
So the time has come, and I couldn't find either the time and the idea for a proper replica...not that I could challenge any of you guys, again the level this time is way, way too high. But, I wanted to enter regardless, so I eventually went with the replica that took the most work out of the ones I made, the Thomson Ferrari 512 BB LM. It's not a perfect replica, for two reasons: first of all, the differences between the body of the regular 512 and the LM one are pretty huge (a big wing missing, to mention one), and the #88 is not in the center of the hood but rather on the side, to accomodate GT League and Sport Mode...but the rest should all be there! Most of the decals are made by me, while some are community-derived. Hope you still like it :)

FINAL ENTRY

I wasn't sure if I'd have this ready in time, but since its done here it is.

In 1999 Nissan introduced the BNR34 to the Japanese N1 Endurance (Super Taikyu) series. Several cars were entered with most teams swapping their BCNR33's for the newer model. The Nissan Prince Chiba team picked up where they left off and once again were the dominant force taking the championship. In 2000 the main sponsor changed to 5Zigen and for 2001 the team got it's 3rd 'look' when Falken took over. Despite it's success, this particular car doesn't appear to have the same following as some of the earlier/later guises. Apart from the recent Ignition Models 1/34 resin scale model, the only other notable appearance was as one of the RM cars in Gran Turismo 2.

The livery is effectively the same as the one the team ran since 1995, and thankfully most of the decals were a straight forward carry-over. This was a good job as unlike the BCNR33 that now resides in the NISMO collection, the BNR34 was stripped and sold soon after it last raced so there are no high resolution shots of the car whatsoever. In the end, the whole livery was recreated from 4-5 grainy (one even B&W) images and the 1/43 scale model that I have on the shelf. I spent countless hours measuring and cross-referencing images to get every decal scaled and positioned as close to the real thing as possible, so much so that the end result is asymmetrical just like the real thing!

By the end of the season the car had sprouted a large rear wing, vented bonnet and deep side skirts so I chose to recreate the car's earlier appearance, wearing almost entirely stock bodywork (save for a C-West front bumper) which allowed me to get as close to 1:1 as possible. That said, I've had to flex my artistic licence a little with the decals on the stock splitter, as well as moving a couple of decals to avoid overlapping the GT-R badges (which were deleted on the race car) but I'm happy that it's as accurate as I can physically get.

Ironically in researching this car I found a couple of new reference shots for the BCNR33 so I've been working on the two cars in parallel, fixing up areas on the older car to bring it up to the same level, both liveries will be released soon and I'll do a full gallery in my thread!

Last edited:
I will share it in the coming days...

@syntex123 to answer your earlier question, it was less than 50 decals once split up.

upload_2018-9-10_23-6-21.png

@Strax I wish you entered with this one. Great effort, I like it.
Thanks a lot for the kind words, it is indeed my biggest effort up to date. :cheers: Still it can hardly compare with some of the works shown in here.
FINAL ENTRY

I wasn't sure if I'd have this ready in time, but since its done here it is.

In 1999 Nissan introduced the BNR34 to the Japanese N1 Endurance (Super Taikyu) series. Several cars were entered with most teams swapping their BCNR33's for the newer model. The Nissan Prince Chiba team picked up where they left off and once again were the dominant force taking the championship. In 2000 the main sponsor changed to 5Zigen and for 2001 the team got it's 3rd 'look' when Falken took over. Despite it's success, this particular car doesn't appear to have the same following as some of the earlier/later guises. Apart from the recent Ignition Models 1/34 resin scale model, the only other notable appearance was as one of the RM cars in Gran Turismo 2.

The livery is effectively the same as the one the team ran since 1995, and thankfully most of the decals were a straight forward carry-over. This was a good job as unlike the BCNR33 that now resides in the NISMO collection, the BNR34 was stripped and sold soon after it last raced so there are no high resolution shots of the car whatsoever. In the end, the whole livery was recreated from 4-5 grainy (one even B&W) images and the 1/43 scale model that I have on the shelf. I spent countless hours measuring and cross-referencing images to get every decal scaled and positioned as close to the real thing as possible, so much so that the end result is asymmetrical just like the real thing!

By the end of the season the car had sprouted a large rear wing, vented bonnet and deep side skirts so I chose to recreate the car's earlier appearance, wearing almost entirely stock bodywork (save for a C-West front bumper) which allowed me to get as close to 1:1 as possible. That said, I've had to flex my artistic licence a little with the decals on the stock splitter, as well as moving a couple of decals to avoid overlapping the GT-R badges (which were deleted on the race car) but I'm happy that it's as accurate as I can physically get.

Ironically in researching this car I found a couple of new reference shots for the BCNR33 so I've been working on the two cars in parallel, fixing up areas on the older car to bring it up to the same level, both liveries will be released soon and I'll do a full gallery in my thread!

Great work! All your liveries incarnate perfectly the concept of "the devil is in the details", love it, and the R33 as well :cheers:
FINAL ENTRY

Michel Vaillant BMW Z4 GT3
ROAL Motorsport, Spa 24 hours 2015

A. Zanardi / B. Spengler / T. Glock

It is done :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

So two votes out of three are set. The third one...now that is going to be one hell of a decision :banghead:

I was going to edit my entry with a replica of the mini from “The Bourne Identity”.

FINAL ENTRY

Rothmans Lancia Delta
1990 Tour De Corse
#22 Bernardini/Dran

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126094723@N05/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126094723@N05/
As usual I went with an older car/brand, Apologies for the angle of the additional photo I couldn't find a scape from the apex of a corner so I went with the best I could find hopefully it shows it similarly enough, Unfortunately a few of the decals are a bit not quite right, The rally plate for example but its as close as I could reasonably get with time running out, If there are any of the logos you want let me know and I'll upload them.

Livery can be found here, It isn't Sport mode compatible but I will make one to accept sport mode numbers once the poll is up 👍​

Last edited:
I decided to edit my entry a few days ago. I can see from what's been entered, that this still has no chance of winning. But I'm proud of it so I'm going to post it anyway. I used a carbon fiber decal, along with a faded line to replicate the fabric roof. The game has a 64 Mini, and the one in the Bourne movies is a lot more modern, but it's what I had to work with. It's incomplete, but I feel it's better than the Hot Wheels entry from before.
Final Entry

1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back