The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 14 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 223 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL ENTRY
Castrol Edge Ferrari 458 Gr.4​
I had a somewhat clear idea of what i wanted to do but i simply couldn't find the right car to apply it (i think i considered every Gr.4 car in my garage)
but finally i settled upon the Ferrari and the theme i had in my head fitted perfectly on that car.

FINAL ENTRY
Castrol Edge Ferrari 458 Gr.4​
I had a somewhat clear idea of what i wanted to do but i simply couldn't find the right car to apply it (i think i considered every Gr.4 car in my garage)
but finally i settled upon the Ferrari and the theme i had in my head fitted perfectly on that car.

I appreciate the amount of work ppl put in some liveries, but I really adore these simple designs. Great livery. Can you share the link pls? :)

I told myself not to remind people when I see ‘wrong’ entries.. It’s..so...hard..:scared:

@zzz_pt @c_14S6 - You know what to do.

Is it the number? If so, I will try to make a new livery sonce I can't edit this one for some reason. Some decals I've uploaded seem to be currupt (it happens with other liveries as well). I can't even open the scapes I took with these cars now. :/

I'll make another livery. :)

One suggestion I have for the locations is not to limit the use of only 2. In the ones suggested, the decals on the window of my car can't barely be seen due to the angle of the light source. If I rotate the car enough so I can see it, then the car is not at 3/4 anymore.

Some other locations could be better used (especially the ones where we can see a little bit more of the top of the car) if we add a couple more filter adjustments with midtones. Pretty much any location can be shown with a white background, regardless of scenery.

I'm only saying this because the 2 locations from the rules aren't the best in my experience.

:cheers:

One suggestion I have for the locations is not to limit the use of only 2. In the ones suggested, the decals on the window of my car can't barely be seen due to the angle of the light source. If I rotate the car enough so I can see it, then the car is not at 3/4 anymore.

Some other locations could be better used (especially the ones where we can see a little bit more of the top of the car) if we add a couple more filter adjustments with midtones. Pretty much any location can be shown with a white background, regardless of scenery.

I'm only saying this because the 2 locations from the rules aren't the best in my experience.

He's right to be fair. I've just done a quick experiment at the small hanger at Nagoya Airfield, Japan using the same camera settings except for contrast set to 0.
It shows the cars at an interesting angle, and while it shouldn't replace the existing locations I fail to see why it couldn't be added as a 3rd choice.

8368339031574970388_0.jpg

Is it the number? If so, I will try to make a new livery sonce I can't edit this one for some reason. Some decals I've uploaded seem to be currupt (it happens with other liveries as well). I can't even open the scapes I took with these cars now. :/

I'll make another livery. :)

No, just wrong settings in your main pics, and wrong bonus shot. Rest seems to be ok. :)

We’ve tried coming up with a solution for a better scape, but in the end nothing much happened. Not many began to use the new settings we came up with either *cough* @ThePotatoKing *cough* :lol:

But I will say this - A new ‘update’ to the competitions will come soon.

He's right to be fair. I've just done a quick experiment at the small hanger at Nagoya Airfield, Japan using the same camera settings except for contrast set to 0.
It shows the cars at an interesting angle, and while it shouldn't replace the existing locations I fail to see why it couldn't be added as a 3rd choice.

View attachment 766398

No offense but it looks bad with no shadow under the car. That’s why a plain white background isn’t allowed at this point.

It was a rush job, i'm sure the photo mode experts could easily resolve that. A minor, minor issue.

Some other locations could be better used (especially the ones where we can see a little bit more of the top of the car)...
That's what the bonus shot is for. If there's something in your livery that's not really noticeable in the 2 main shots, then highlight it in your bonus shot.

But like @syntex123 said, that's not for discussion in this thread.

@antony68 nice livery, but you have to follow the settings in the first post for your pictures. This will look like my demo entry below (except with the red « Final Entry » obviously)

DEMO ENTRY

Even if it is a bit late, I’ve chosen to share my demo entry. This way, newcomers can see how it needs to be presented.

I don’t know exactly why, but I wanted my Castrol livery on the Viper or on the Corvette. On the Viper, it would have been inspired by the Team Oreca, but with the « Mobil 1 blue » replaced by the Castrol green. But as I wanted to encourage more original liveries, I’ve kept this one for another day ;). So here is the Castrol Corvette, using the shapes of the latest Castrol liveries (Civic TCR, NSX GT3, motorbikes...) and with some classic Corvette clues, highlighted in black (bonnet, rear bumper, roof...). As said in the rules and shown in the bonus shot, it is Sport Mode ready, but I’ve chosen to share it without any number because it looked cleaner and sharper.

Link : https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1276435/1/7277900645081842201

@Sjaak @daan or any other moderator. I could copy this ^ post myself but as I haven't touched that tool yet I don't want to mess up.

Can you copy that and make it as the second post in this thread? And maybe edit in post #74 and #78, that would be nice to have there as well.

And when you've seen and done this, you can delete this post as well.

Little check out of the entries. I’m on my phone so I couldn’t check if the 640px rule is good but here’s for the others :

@dizco You need to add a pic of the rear in the mandatory scape instead of one of the front pics you post.

@ss3 Thank you for updating the logos, it seems all good now !

@c_14S6 and @antony68 Please the firtst post to see the location and settings needed for your main pics.

@zzz_pt Please change the reference pic to a bonus shot of your car. Also I think you can improve the settings on your main pics (there is no shadow under your cars).

That’s all, from what I can see. Thanks for being in !

@Sjaak @daan or any other moderator. I could copy this ^ post myself but as I haven't touched that tool yet I don't want to mess up.

Can you copy that and make it as the second post in this thread?
No, you can't move a post to a time that it wasn't made. A post sits in a thread according to the time it was made, and there's no way to change that.

The only way that can be made the 2nd post is to edit it into @BLiTZ post or copy your first post.

FINAL ENTRY

Ich bin das erste mal dabei und hoffe, das ich es richtig gemacht habe!?

Welcome to GTP!

You are required by the forum rules to post in English, not sure if you can do this or not?

As for your entry, the bonus photo of the car should be in spoiler tags, after the 'official' two pictures. It looks like a good livery though 👍

Do I have to delete my thread now and post again correctly? Or can I leave it like this?

You are fine to edit your existing post , however the bonus image should be in a spoiler, rather than simply being hyperlinked.

To do this click the little icon above the text entry box that looks like a square with an arrow going into another square (to the left of the gallery button).

It will ask you what you like to call the spoiler, just enter "bonus pic". You will then have a pair of spoiler tags in your text box. Make sure that you insert the picture from your gallery between these tags.

You are fine to edit your existing post , however the bonus image should be in a spoiler, rather than simply being hyperlinked.

To do this click the little icon above the text entry box that looks like a square with an arrow going into another square (to the left of the gallery button).

It will ask you what you like to call the spoiler, just enter "bonus pic". You will then have a pair of spoiler tags in your text box. Make sure that you insert the picture from your gallery between these tags.

Thank you, I think now it is right :)

No, you can't move a post to a time that it wasn't made. A post sits in a thread according to the time it was made, and there's no way to change that.

The only way that can be made the 2nd post is to edit it into @BLiTZ post or copy your first post.

Yeah no I understand that, a 2nd copy of the OP would be fine. Give me a quick ‘tutorial’ in a PM in how this tool works and I’ll do it myself. I just don’t want to touch it yet in case I mess something up. That’s why I asked for help. :)

Everyone new and those that haven't entered yet is now advised to take a look at the front page, under the first post.

@daan The quoting is bugged. I've edited it out at least ten times now, making it ONE quote but it still shows as two. The link should be a part of the first quote. (in the post mentioned above) Help. :lol:

@daan The quoting is bugged. I've edited it out at least ten times now, making it ONE quote but it still shows as two. The link should be a part of the first quote. (in the post mentioned above) Help. :lol:
Sorted it. I think it was the center codes that broke it so I removed them from the quote.

@Cytoria if you PM me the code I can add it into that 2nd post if you like 👍

Edit: never mind just seen that Martin's sorted it.

Done my one and only edit to my livery. Minor changes like wheel colour and decal position. I hope we get a lot more entries!

Done my one and only edit to my livery. Minor changes like wheel colour and decal position. I hope we get a lot more entries!

So now you assume the black rims ? Good, I prefer it this way ;) Much meaner looking !

FINAL ENTRY

This is a bit of a different take on Castrol oil, grittier, a bit messier.
Oil is messy but it's also beautiful. In order to clean, something has to get dirty. This car chose to get dirty. Whether that means the racing is clean is up to you. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back