The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 16 - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, it's to bad that we have this discussion here in my opinion.

As mentioned before this should be a place where you can show your talent and share your/our beautiful designs. Something which I enjoy a lot is seeing everyone's creativity and especially their effort. I think we should emphasize this instead of the "F" word or that somebody added its livery after a positive feedback of a community member or that He/She got a brilliant idea and made a better design and replaced the old one.

Let's keep it friendly and support each other in the way everybody get a moment to shine and show their talent! Let us all get back to the drawing table and make something beautiful!!

car-work-desk.jpeg

In regards to the comments about 'FINAL ENTRY', here's my view...

The 'FINAL ENTRY' text serves mainly as a tool to help whoever gathers the entries for the poll. It's far easier to scan through the pages and see the red text than work out entries from images alone. I know @syntex123 adopted many of the LEC's aspects from the Photomode Competitions and this is one of the carry overs from there that has worked well in the past and I don't see as an issue.

It also reinforces the fact that this is your Final Entry into the comp as opposed to posting multiple entries and asking others to select which one you should go with (if you feel the need to do this then please do so in a separate thread). The rules have always allowed 1 change, this is to allow people to make corrections to their entry if there's an issue. This was used a lot in the Castrol round where people failed to use the correct Castrol decal despite being told and shown multiple times. However there are people that abuse the system, where they're changing their entry entirely (usually after feeling subsequent entries are better than theirs). In my view if you've posted you 'FINAL ENTRY' you should stick by that choice of design and the use of your 1 change should only be for small corrections (IE changing the odd decal that falls foul of the rules).

In an ideal world there should be little to no discussion in this thread as the ultimate goal is for people to post their entries for collection by the members running the competition. I see some discussion acceptible in the cases of asking questions relating to and or clarifying aspects of the theme and highlighting issues with entries (giving the entrant opportunity to makes changes in order to be eligible). But too much talk results in multiple pages making entry gathering and poll creation harder as it's often easy to miss entries as new pages load (again not helped by people not following rules RE image size).

There are plenty of other discussion threads for talk.

FINAL ENTRY

Tried tot make this as 80's as i could imagine. Using an mad 80's colourscheme and sponsors used nu racereams in the 80's. Hope u enjoy my creation.

Edit i uploaded new pictures according to the competition rules.

FB_IMG_1540395099184.jpg
FB_IMG_1540395096086.jpg

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
------------
Inspired by the famous "Red Lobster" March 83 / 1983 IMSA GTP Series
-> https://www.imsa.com/red-lobster-march-perfect-marketing-vehicle <-

This is great livery, and there are some stylistic updates to the original lobster, but @D-Max is going to have to make a ruling on whether or not it is considered a replica.

It's defiantly a tribute to the IMSA Red Lobster March 83G. I'd buy "inspired" if it were a crab, shrimp, or crawfish done in the style of the original lobster car.

Last edited:
This is great livery, and there are some stylistic updates to the original lobster, but @D-Max is going to have to make a ruling on whether or not it is considered a replica.

It's defiantly a tribute to the IMSA Red Lobster March 83G. I'd buy "inspired" if it were a crab, shrimp, or crawfish done in the style of the original lobster car.

No Problem for me, if this livery does not fit the competition rules, let me know.

FINAL ENTRY

Not the one I prefer, but I don't know if the first I made will be accepted in the theme, and don't have the time to finish an another one tonight.

@Higny cool first post keep up the good work. Make sure you read the rules about the size of the picture which you have to hand in... Because the size of the image is now to large to 3840x2160 and the max is 640 pixels. Hope you can change that so that you can compete!!

@Higny cool first post keep up the good work. Make sure you read the rules about the size of the picture which you have to hand in... Because the size of the image is now to large to 3840x2160 and the max is 640 pixels. Hope you can change that so that you can compete!!
Yours still looks like it uses metallic paints.

Final hours check up !

@PrinsvOranje : I’m not sure but as @daan think it is, can you confirm that your car is not metallic ?

@VGvelzen : Your entry must follow the entry rules, please read the first post of the thread.

@Higny : Images are too big. Please keep them under 640 pixels.

For the next three I need @D-Max opinion :
@polo510 Coca-Cola 911 RSR, @dizco Red Lobster 908 HDi and @Akwaaba Williams NSX are on the thin line between « inspired by » and « replicas ». Can you tell us if they are valid or not ?

@Cytoria, I think it's metallic (I'm not sure anymore) :banghead:.

But I'm not sure if I can change it before the deadline....

It wasn’t metallic paint but just to be sure I changed the base color and the rims.

Last edited:
Final hours check up !

@polo510 Coca-Cola 911 RSR, @dizco Red Lobster 908 HDi and @Akwaaba Williams NSX are on the thin line between « inspired by » and « replicas ». Can you tell us if they are valid or not ?

Thank you @Cytoria for pointing this out. On first impressions I understand that this could look like a replica, but it you look again there are quite a few differences between this and the original FW11, link. I have used some of the same sponsors, selected a few key ones to keep the number down. I would argue that only 5 out of 36 sponsors are used in the same place. The rest are in a different location (if you can compare a Group 2 car with an F1 car) and several have a different colour scheme (hopefully these are quite subtle, because I used blue instead of black), or by placing them on a different colour). I hope I have followed the competition guidelines.

However, I am happy go with whatever @D-Max decides.

I'm sorry to do this but can you take the reigns on the decision @Cytoria ? Unexpected visit to hospital late last night for my wife and I'm still here so I'm not really in the mindset for it. Apologies again, I just can't focus on anything right now.

I'm sorry to do this but can you take the reigns on the decision @Cytoria ? Unexpected visit to hospital late last night for my wife and I'm still here so I'm not really in the mindset for it. Apologies again, I just can't focus on anything right now.

Hope all is ok mate 👍

Final hours check up !

@PrinsvOranje : I’m not sure but as @daan think it is, can you confirm that your car is not metallic ?

@VGvelzen : Your entry must follow the entry rules, please read the first post of the thread.

@Higny : Images are too big. Please keep them under 640 pixels.

I think my post is according to the rules now

Been abit busy or I would have been more active the past week or so, I have to say personal opinion the Red Lobster and Williams "Inspired" cars don't fit the rules in my personal opinion, If they had been done for a previous week they would have fit the theme perfectly but to me they are replicas not original works. From Google.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126094723@N05/

Been abit busy or I would have been more active the past week or so, I have to say personal opinion the Red Lobster and Williams "Inspired" cars don't fit the rules in my personal opinion, If they had been done for a previous week they would have fit the theme perfectly but to me they are replicas not original works. From Google.

For the sake of this thread I think this topic should be continued in the competition suggestion thread, or as a general livery thread.

I will not have an entry ready for this comp. I was going to do a Sony Dynamicron livery based on the colour scheme of old Betamax cassettes... but I've not started yet, and I'm about to go to the pub!

My point of view: The lobster itself, as a part of the livery, could be categorized as a replica. But the competition is about a complete livery, not only a single graphic element. It's like a remix of a famous track, melody or vocals are sampled and arranged with new loops, basslines, claps, hats and kickdrum...

No prob for me to skip this competition, i'm relaxed - your competition, your rules. For me it's fun to create liveries, the competitions are just a little bonus on top (& a real inspiration ;)

FINAL ENTRY
What's more 80's than the bright-red Ferrari F40? Perhaps the quintessential game that comes to mind when it's mentioned: OutRun. Here I'm celebrating the game by using the beautiful Ferrari 458 Italia, and paying homage to one of SEGA's greatest hits of the eighties. This may or may not have come to mind after a recent playthrough of Yakuza 0.

Last edited:
Without @syntex123 and @D-Max , here are my suggestions :

The competition will close at midnight today. No new contestant will be added after that.

After concertation, @polo510 , @dizco and @Akwaaba liveries don’t fit the spirit of the theme and can’t be selected for the poll.

BUT, as we all agreed there was no issues with delaying the poll, and as it is the first time entries are rejected for « subjective » reasons, I’ll allow a 36 hours delay to change the liveries before making the poll. To be fair, this delay will also be allowed to people who need to correct their entries to fit the rules.

I will also put the LEC #17 online tonight.

PS : @A_Keyboard , the bonus shot must be with the car moving on a track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back