The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 16 - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think that a out my Porsche as a Replica only heavy inspired by a different Porsche (962)
1985-Bob-Akin-Porsche-962-GTP-5-Daytonaa.jpg

Ehh,whatever...

It is, of course, open to interpretation, but I feel in the spirit of this competition a near or heavily inspired replica is the same as a 100% identical replica. For me, the bottom line is 'does the livery shout out; 1980's?'

I think the point of this weeks competition was to be original and create something based on the style of the 80s. Not based on a livery of the 80s.
Daan’s Post contradicts that. And is the only reason I changed my entry. If that were the case I’d never would have changed my entry.

I think a lot of people are misreading the brief. You're not making a dayglo, huge logos, Miami Vice-style livery here. It's supposed to be a livery that looks as if it was around in the 80's. Not one that gives you a sugar coated, rose tinted view of the 80's.
Daaaaan’s post. The only reason I downgraded my livery.

Daaaaan’s post. The only reason I downgraded my livery.
I think he might be missing the point as well; the whole design philosophy behind having all those boxy, strsight-edge decals and shapes were to emphasize the mostly boxy, straight-edge creases and forms of cars in the 80's. It doesn't translate too well in the modern age, where cars are made in CAD software and extensively tested in wind tunnels to achieve smoother, freeflow lines. Besides, it never hurts to have rosy vision every once in a while, especially when making liveries merely reminiscent of those from 35 years ago.

I think the point of this weeks competition was to be original and create something based on the style of the 80s. Not based on a livery of the 80s.

Daan’s Post contradicts that. And is the only reason I changed my entry. If that were the case I’d never would have changed my entry.
No it doesn't. @zzz_pt post there is exactly what I think.

Without @syntex123 and @D-Max , here are my suggestions :

The competition will close at midnight today. No new contestant will be added after that.

After concertation, @polo510 , @dizco and @Akwaaba liveries don’t fit the spirit of the theme and can’t be selected for the poll.

BUT, as we all agreed there was no issues with delaying the poll, and as it is the first time entries are rejected for « subjective » reasons, I’ll allow a 36 hours delay to change the liveries before making the poll. To be fair, this delay will also be allowed to people who need to correct their entries to fit the rules.

I will also put the LEC #17 online tonight.

PS : @A_Keyboard , the bonus shot must be with the car moving on a track.

I understand and rushed a replacement livery which I have now uploaded.

FINAL ENTRY

1984, a golden year for anyone who follow English top flight football and support Liverpool FC. LFC managed to grab the tripple that year, winning the English league, the English cup and the European cup.
This livery is inspired by this 80's football dress, with white stripes on a red (Umbro) shirt, shorts and socks.
Crown Paints were the main sponsor for this successful Liverpool era.
That was a surprise to see a LFC inspired design. :eek: :lol: Not one of my favourite kits, but you can't argue with the success wearing it. ;) A very good restrained design. :)

I've done a couple of LFC helmet's and a suit which you may find interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back