• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 124 comments

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, you can use your daily driver as a canvas. Last winner @Cytoria set this theme, let's hear what he has to say :

After seeing the highest end of racing cars, we'll now jump into the entry level. The hot hatches are the powerful versions of everyone's duty machine. These cars are often the affordable access to the world of sports cars. Their range (in the game and in real life) include a lot of various propositions, from the punchy city cars like the Swift to the supercar-time capable A45 AMG.

Also, with the end of the holidays, we all have busy weeks ahead, so the rules for this round will be easy : total freedom.

CARS :

- N class cars only
- Produced after 2000
- 3 or 5 doors

- Abart 500 2009
- Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4T Sport 2009
- Citroën DS3 Racing 2011
- Ford Focus ST 2015
- Honda Civic Type R 2015
- Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG 4MATIC 2013
- Mini Cooper S 2005
- Peugeot 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport 2014
- Renault Clio RS 220 EDC Trophy 2015
- Renault Clio RS 220 EDC Trophy 2016
- Renault Megane RS Trophy 2011
- Suzuki Swift Sport 2007
- Volkswagen Golf GTI 2014

LIVERIES :
- No Restrictions
- Original designs are encouraged, but replicas are allowed

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- No Restrictions
- The car doesn't need to be Sport Mode compatible

BONUS PICTURES SETTINGS :
- No Restrictions

USER MADE DECALS :
- No Restrictions

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All posted images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post one bonus picture in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
- You have to make one post with ONLY the 3 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE

January 23, 2019 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

Who doesn't like hot hatches? Well, they do have wrong wheel drive, but are a lot of fun regardless!

For this one, which I will enter this time around, I was tempted to go with my A45 AMG Edition One, but then something else came to mind... :lol:

I've already done a Tom coronel WTCR livery... Nope, I'm going retro ! :cool:
I still decide do some throwback livery or do some odd nationalism styling livery for this challenge. Want do some itasha again but I think it will too overboard if I do it again :lol:

FINAL ENTRY

"Celebrating the success of the latest installation of France's top-selling compact in Europe, Renault decided to bring back an old glory, in a very special and limited edition. In a cooperation with engineers from Nissan's racing department NISMO, the Clio Williams RS was born; based on the Clio RS, this car shares more with the old version than you may think. Under the hood there isn't the usual 1.6 turbo Nissan engine; instead, we can find a revisited version of the 2.0 NA engine that powered the 2010-2013 Clio RS. Tuned by NISMO engineers, the engine now delivers a whopping 254 HP, and pushes the Clio to a limited top speed of 250 km/h, with a 0-100 time of 6.2 seconds. The car is sporting the classic blue/gold livery of the original Williams, with golden O.Z. Superleggera III forged rims. The sticker on the hood clearly acts as a tribute to the sportsmanship behind this project, being a fusion between the NISMO classic stripes and the Renault Sport racing flags. The Clio RS Williams Tribute will only be available in a limited number of 2500 units, exactly the number originally intended for the first Williams. Prices will range around 40000€."
I decided to go completely old school on this one: instead of making some racing-oriented hatch, I brought back one of my favourites. The base color is Y2 Aluminium Met. and the car is fully masked, every decal you see is a reverse decal made by me, including the one on the hood (used some different opacity shapes on that one: first time I try something like this, could've turned out worse). The plates are borrowed, being the only decent-looking French plates I found on Discovery.

It's quite a simple livery, but the nostalgifag that lives inside me is proud regardless. I hope you'll like it as well!

EDIT: I've shared the livery, here is the link.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/it/gtsport/user/livery/1303041/1/7431014223422948400

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

To show how I love the Focus in the game, I made a livery dedicated to it. To be honest I was quite happy with the result. I went for a yellow-light blue green combo on it thanks to the gradient shapes that the game has. My favorite parts when making the livery was putting the checkered flag shapes on the car (gradient version) and adding the Ford logo on it. The Ford logo gives that faded look thanks to the color I used. :)

Last edited:
Respect for your courage to come up with something that simple – at first glance only. Considering the whole idea and concept behind this livery it turns out not only very smart but also convincing in many other cases. Hot Hatch has many faces and this one is beautiful – and HOT.
:gtpflag:
Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you like it! Took me more time than people may think...more than I would've thought as well :P

FINAL ENTRY

To show how I love the Focus in the game, I made a livery dedicated to it. To be honest I was quite happy with the result. I went for a yellow-light blue green combo on it thanks to the gradient shapes that the game has. My favorite parts when making the livery was putting the checkered flag shapes on the car (gradient version) and adding the Ford logo on it. The Ford logo gives that faded look thanks to the color I used. :)
It was all done just with the ingame shapes (the "2" ones, with the gradient)? I wish I could use them this good :drool::drool:

when I read the challenge I hurried made A45 24H livery but afte seeing Strax livery I move to another car because man that's cool my livery can't compete at all, then my choice was 2 Golf, and Megane. When I seeing Golf shape it just too bland, trying making simple livery with Megane I not feel done, try make Momo livery on Megane I just feel something lacking. So I back to A45, put more detail then I change the numberplate to VLN style because I think VLN version more proper compare with 24H version.

A45 24H version link:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/livery/2197694/1/8584512977607099952

Momo Megane link:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/livery/2197694/1/7277839067672248376

FINAL ENTRY

OPgv7Vu.jpg

8GbSuSC.jpg

voWPKjn.jpg

Not unlike a Hot Hatch owner to try to forge connections with their modest machine and it's racing pedigree... and do so in an eye-catchingly audacious manner. I envisioned this car being owned by an eccentric Japanese man who loved the era of Formula 1 from his youth. Jumping at the chance to get to own a sporty Renault in a country that is dominated by it's domestic auto brands, he did up the car in a modern take of the classic JPS colors to let everyone know what his little hatch back was capable of. All of it was worth it when he visited a Grand Prix reunion held at Fuji and got to pose his car with two genuine JPS-Lotus F1 cars.

I'm a big fan of the JPS colors despite my loathing of tobacco, and my Renault needed a better paint job than what I had given it originally, so things came together to make what you see here. I'm most proud of the stripe that starts on the hood and carries through the void of glass into the D pillars and rear spoiler.

I really loathe the wheel selection my poor little Renault gets!

Last edited:
Back