The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 22 (Hot Hatches) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 124 comments
Ok, am I missing something? My image quality, I’ve noticed over the past few competitions has been dreadful. Now in comparison with the Clio, my image is grainy and just overall worse quality. I’m on the standard PS4, is that the issue? I don’t remember them always being this bad though. Or am I missing an in game setting?
It must be Flickr as I'm on a standard PS4 as well. I just load in the picture to the media tool using the URL from the GT website.

It’s 100% not Flickr. On the gt community website my pictures still look like that

Just one question about that from me having no skills about flickr and all that stuff... do you earn money for klicks there ???

It’s 100% not Flickr. On the gt community website my pictures still look like that
How do you resize your images? What application do you use?

I host my images via imgur and used its photo editing tool to resize some pictures and hated the results so much that I took them down and resized them via photoshop.

Just one question about that from me having no skills about flickr and all that stuff... do you earn money for klicks there ???
no idea

How do you resize your images? What application do you use?

I host my images via imgur and used its photo editing tool to resize some pictures and hated the results so much that I took them down and resized them via photoshop.

I use the share option on flickr but as I stated, my pics just look garbage even on the gt community sight

Last edited:
no idea

I use the share option on flickr but as I stated, my pics just look garbage even on the get community sight
If I remember well you can choose in the PS4 settings if you want your screenshots to be in jpeg or png.
Might be something to look that way.

no idea

I use the share option on flickr but as I stated, my pics just look garbage even on the gt community sight
Are you sharing them on the GT website, then downloading them on your PC, reuploading on Flickr and then here? If so, that is the reason. The GT site has a major graphic downgrade, you should export the pics via USB storage device from your PS to your PC.

Are you sharing them on the GT website, then downloading them on your PC, reuploading on Flickr and then here? If so, that is the reason. The GT site has a major graphic downgrade, you should export the pics via USB storage device from your PS to your PC.
To post my screenshots on websites or whatever I send them by PS Message to my US account.
Then I download them on my phone on the PS App.

Not necessarily the best way to do that but it's finally quite simple and there's no need for a USB key, PC or whatever.

To post my screenshots on websites or whatever I send them by PS Message to my US account.
Then I download them on my phone on the PS App.

Not necessarily the best way to do that but it's finally quite simple and there's no need for a USB key, PC or whatever.
How do you do it? You're not using the share button, right? I'm interested.

How do you do it? You're not using the share button, right? I'm interested.
I do use the Share button. How could I do screenshots without it?

I've changed the screenshot setting by the way:
Press Share once, screenshot
Press Share twice, start video recording

Edit to be as clear as possible (I repeat I'm sorry, English isn't my language) :

How do I do it?

- Press Share once for a screenshot
- Go to Message on PS4 and send the screenshot to any contact
- Go to Message on your PS App on your phone and download the screenshot you sent before from your PS4
- Send / Upload the screenshot wherever you want from your phone

Last edited:

Edit to be as clear as possible (I repeat I'm sorry, English isn't my language) :

How do I do it?

- Go to Message on your PS App on your phone and download the screenshot you sent before from your PS4

Unfortunately this method of taking screenshots will not allow the full resolution capable by the game. You will have to content yourself with maximum 1920 pixels width. Saving the picture in-game and then exporting it to an external device makes best quality available.

FINAL ENTRY

I have been wanting to do an "Enlarged Camo" patter for a while now on a car, so I figured a hot hatch was the way to go. Base paint is a pearl white and all of the decals are matte gray and black. No custom decals, all made with the in-game shapes. Wasn't terribly hard or time consuming.

Unfortunately this method of taking screenshots will not allow the full resolution capable by the game. You will have to content yourself with maximum 1920 pixels width. Saving the picture in-game and then exporting it to an external device makes best quality available.
I didn't know that.
I guess it's the case even if you have a 4K TV (mine is not).

But honestly, I did like that for every single screenshot I did and I think it's enough for what I have to do with them.

How do I do it?

The share button lowers the image quality by a lot and adds a black border around the picture. Exporting via USB drive is still the best option, it's quick and preserves picture quality.

This time I wanted to go for a simple design, and focus on details.
Carbon fibre accents, like on the bonnet, grill, doorhandles etc. Pitty the pictures are to small to see it.
The enkeis are in Championship White, you gotta love Championship White!​

This time I wanted to go for a simple design, and focus on details.
Carbon fibre accents, like on the bonnet, grill, doorhandles etc. Pitty the pictures are to small to see it.
The enkeis are in Championship White, you gotta love Championship White!​
Love this kind of simple things. That's what I usually do most.

The share button lowers the image quality by a lot and adds a black border around the picture. Exporting via USB drive is still the best option, it's quick and preserves picture quality.
I've never had a black border on any of my screenshots. Might be a setting somewhere.

You guys are way more sensitive to picture quality than I am. I can never see a difference. :odd: :lol:

About that black border, pretty sure you can get rid of that if you adjust the display settings on your PS4.

I had that problem before when I was taking screenshots.

FINAL ENTRY

Peugeot 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport 2014

For me it was always one of PD's many less successful decisions to go back to the basic color of the car. Stripes and shapes always disappear when entering the livery Editor.
The Peugeot Coupe Franche (Black and red) changed to a red basis color and all I did was to make it original with some small additions because I like the simple looks and color combination of this car.:)

I'll get my entry in either later today or tomorrow, I literally just finished it so maybe I'll still have time to do my obligatory accompanying suit and helmet, But for right now I'm hungry and I feel like playing more Hitman 2 :cool:

It must be Flickr as I'm on a standard PS4 as well. I just load in the picture to the media tool using the URL from the GT website.

Image problem solved without doing anything, think it was a communication problem with Flickr and GTPlanet.net. Nice that my pictures are showing now!!

This is the first livery competition where we have total freedom and still, a lot of people aren't using extensive advertisement but pure car liveries which they would drive on the normal road.

Fun to notice this.....

Back