The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 22 (Hot Hatches) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 124 comments
I've decided to go a little mad with this one. I've decided to go down the route of a time attack car that would be running in the 'Club Pro 2WD' category. The car runs 350hp and lightened in every aspect. The main features of the car include carbon front and rear bumpers, carbon skirts, carbon roof, carbon bonnet, carbon mirror CAPS (because you can't change the mount :ill:), carbon front lip, carbon rear diffuser, carbon boot lid and carbon spoiler. The little features, such as the the canard on the rear quarter, the vent cover before the front doors and the vents on the front quarter panel, are all carbon covered. The skirts and rear over fenders are riveted on so they don't fly off under those high cornering speeds and rough bumps thanks to the stiff suspension. Adding to those rear bumpers, some vents to channel out the air in a bid to try to increase cornering.

Not the prettiest car to look at but the proof is in the performance. Time attack cars aren't exactly notorious for being pretty and that certainly fits the mold with the odd sticker placement. Definitely not your typical Honda that makes stupid noises!

The thing with this car is the carbon detail I put in. I've never done this much work with carbon so it was interesting. Not so much a pretty car, but a detailed one!

Also, @NBDESIGNZ thanks for the workshop logo! I looked through so many pages to find a logo that suited!

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

V9Uulwe.gif

Last edited:
The Clio is more popular than I thought it would be. I used a colorshift paint, and decal colors that would playoff off of it. You really need to see this thing moving to appreciate it. I plan to have a 360 gif as my bonus shot, if that's acceptable, but forgot my thumbdrive this morning, so I'll add it later.

FINAL ENTRY

Just wanted to do a race school livery based on a little state pride. It's a bit simple but I'm proud of it, many of you know original liveries aren't my forte. As I was looking at a friend's rally photos for liveries to steal inspiration, I noticed how most of the cars were just stickers on a solid color and the more I had the stripes off the more I liked the simplicity of my design. So I forwent any real design and gave it a light weathering as it'd just been through a day's session.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

I got intrigued by the post of @Strax of his tidy Renault Williams design. The old Williams was/is always one of my favorite little cars, but unfortunately, it was already used in this competition and I didn't want to make a more or less the same car. So I thought of another brand which had a similar impact on Renault --> Alpine.

The goal for me in this competition was to make a Hot Hatch in which I would drive on the road. I made two versions the Hooligan and the more subtle one. Both liveries are the two-tone base but in order to stand out in this competition, I decided to go for the Hooligan version to compete here. But in daily life, I would rather drive the more subtle one.

Based the design partially on the Alpine A110-50 aka "Renault Alpine ZAR" is a concept racing car created by Renault to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the 1962 Alpine A110. It debuted at Monaco’s GP circuit, where Renault Chief Operating Officer Carlos Tavares raced the A110-50 for four laps of the Monaco track.

Last edited:
Mmm strange the Flickr preview photo isn't working just like last time..... It does work in the more option section and preview but not here....

Are you just doing copy pasta of the link in the share option
@D-Max using the arrow as always in Flickr and then copy the size of max width of 640 and copy this in the thread and delete all the extras. If you click on the red cross it will directly link you to the images. So I'm confused.

It is a known issue. Check this thread: Flickr links
@Cytoria I have checked all the settings and my pictures are set to public, so I don't know why they aren't shown here in the thread. I also deleted whole the history a cache in Google chrome did do the trick, the pictures are in the farm8 track of Flickr...

Last edited:
Ok, I went back in and got this one finished off. Lately I've been digging through alot of my old model and figure boxes in preparation of moulding and casting my own frankensteined figures and came across an old Gundam, one of my favorites, the Lunamaria Hawke Custom Gunner Zaku Warrior. Being a pink unit I've always had a soft spot for it and figured I'd base my hot hatch livery off that. Pretty happy with the end result. Hatches are fun to work with. Check the spoiler below for the refernce for my livery.

Hi everyone, first time for me (always a good time), I hope I did everything well.
Pleased to be part of it, some of you guys really do great things! :)

I'd rather avoid a replica but I've got nothing better than this one to participate.
It's a quite old livery, done in February last year, it's a tribute to the famous Civic Race Car '87, well known in GT.

Did my best to be as close as possible with the tools I had.

I hope you like it.

PS : sorry for my English, I'm French! ^^
I'll edit my first post tomorrow to add a bonus picture I still haven't found

Edit : link to the livery
https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gts...lery/all/livery/1140061/1/6124983461135517209

Last edited:

FINAL ENTRY

Ok, am I missing something? My image quality, I’ve noticed over the past few competitions has been dreadful. Now in comparison with the Clio, my image is grainy and just overall worse quality. I’m on the standard PS4, is that the issue? I don’t remember them always being this bad though. Or am I missing an in game setting?

Back