• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 89 comments

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, you'd better like your work. Last winner @JKcreativeworks set this theme, let's hear what he has to say :

I am curious about where or what company the contestants work at. And about what they drive. So whats a better way than to show your company car for this contest! What do you drive? And if the company you work at doesnt have any company cars, then you need to represent the company on a car!

And if you care enough, write a little story about it! Give the people an idea about what you do!

CARS :

- N class cars only
- BMW i3 and Tesla Model S from Gr.X allowed

LIVERIES :
- No Restrictions
- Inspired by your company

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- The car has to wear brand identity of your company (I.E: Their logo, colour scheme, and shapes that define the companies identity)
- Replicas are allowed, as it's your company car.
- The car doesn't need to be Sport Mode compatible

BONUS PICTURES SETTINGS :
- The bonus picture has to be urban locations (city streets for example, anything that has to do with the civilization).

USER MADE DECALS :
- No Restrictions

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All posted images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post one bonus picture in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
- You have to make one post with ONLY the 3 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE

February 6, 2019 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

Last edited:
any problems with me using my freelance/personal brand over my day job?
I think I'm going to combine my day job with my side work. Although my sidework "company" isn't anything impressive. It's basically just hobby level graphic design and some woodworking. Although I do all of the graphic work now for my real job, too, which is nice.

You can use a different company in your hometown or something too, if the theme does not apply to you, or if you dont want to show your company.
Thankyou. Im not comfortable using the branding for the company i work for in personal projects. Its not my branding to use and im not going to and ask HR if i can get the company styleguide so i can rock a livery for GTS

Is there any plan for the Renault Kangoo in a future update? :confused::D

I actually have already done a livery of my job, but on the Mercedes Class A owned by my boss! :D

I'll see if I post this one or if I do something else

My company gives company cars only to export managers or high-ranking directors, I have to stick to my car...the best I can get, when I have to go somewhere for the company, is a Fiat 500L diesel in a very ugly Cappuccino color :P still, I'll see if I can come up with anything...we make cutting and grinding wheels, this should give me quite the opportunity (if I was creative, that is).

Looks like Shift a Brick again for me then since I'm currently out of work due to family issues and other things. Or maybe I'll try with an old company I used to work for, Clarification from @JKcreativeworks would be needed first.

You can use a different company in your hometown or something too, if the theme does not apply to you, or if you dont want to show your company.

I would mainly just like to see a company car

Looks like Shift a Brick again for me then since I'm currently out of work due to family issues and other things. Or maybe I'll try with an old company I used to work for, Clarification from @JKcreativeworks would be needed first.

Here you go. ;)

I don't think anyone will send a detective to know if you really (still) work for this or this company! :D

At least I hope! :odd: :D

Not at all. But but I’m not going to risk losing my job over using the company logo.
Any company should be happy about advertising free of charge in a huge community like this. As long as you do not come up with ridiculous or insulting presentations.

Some companies don't like you associating yourself with them through social media and the like.

I work for one of the biggest french building companies, EIFFAGE. It’s been a while that I wanted to do a race car sponsored by it, but since it’s not the theme I’ll have to keep that for another day !

Although they provide me a « civilian » Megane Estate, they also have a fleet of Clio’s with the company branding. I’ve used the graphics and sticker guideline of the company to create it, and most of the work consists on masking the bumpers, door handles, side skirts with matte black decals to mimic the non-painted-entry-level cars we have.

As it was quite « simple », I’ve pushed the attention to details a little further and I’ve created the mandatory information plate for company vehicles, and the prismatic pattern of the reflective adhesives.

PS : the world is going mad again. I usually post my entries the very last day, now I’m the first ? And I even didn’t use the Shiretoko location for the first time... :odd:

Last edited:

I have worked for a number of organisations, but as I have been a teacher for longer than I care to remember, very few lend themselves to a company car livery. However, I did work in the headquarters of Peugeot Talbot to complete a Business Studies project. I got the role of analysing the telephone marketing data (for the Talbot Express Van - I know, it was such a thrill!). At the time, the place was full of posters of the rather successful 205 T16 rally car. So this helped with the car selection.

Now the livery. I found the plainest wheels and painted these in an off grey shade. Covered the car in a slightly off white shade using the powder effect. Added grey plastic bumpers, mirrors, grill, window surrounds, rear spoiler and side skirts. Next a Diesel badge, and warning decal on the fuel filler cap. A UK Registration plate - for T41BOT. Then I realised that Peugeot Talbot will have had loads of stickers lying around, and a young guy in the marketing department will have helped himself to a few to make their shed slightly more appealing.

Thank you for reading.

In case you are interested: Link to Livery

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
Harry Feeney Toyota

Not really sure where to begin with this, Currently I'm out of work but having worked in the automotive industry many years ago and having a general love of cars I decided to go with a Toyota Dealership franchise from my home town of Blackpool, The twist being that its not strictly a company car more of a test drive car for the company.

Seeing as it represents the company and the product all in one package, I thought I would go outside the box a little while hopefully still being within the rules. Very very simple livery to create but I think all in all it looks appropriate.

I'd like to get in on this, and I see it doesn't have to be a literal translation, buuuut the companies that still operate I want to do didn't live off of advertising, a combo of less than 10 employees and word spreading due to quality work/service, so anything beyond a basic side sticker would be much. All the companies that fit...I 🤬 hate, including the one I'm at now, so I don't know what to do.

What do you do if you're unemployed? Make one about a fictional company that you'd like to start one day. I decided to make a livery for a vehicle that would be used to transport parts and builds around to customers and events. I used a simpler design to my Hyundai Gr.3 car but keeping to the same design motifs and colours. I also created more logos for the website banners, twitter address and information.

I'd like to get in on this, and I see it doesn't have to be a literal translation, buuuut the companies that still operate I want to do didn't live off of advertising, a combo of less than 10 employees and word spreading due to quality work/service, so anything beyond a basic side sticker would be much. All the companies that fit...I 🤬 hate, including the one I'm at now, so I don't know what to do.
The companies you want to do don’t live off of advertising but will they be upset if you use/invent a theme for them ? If they don’t care, I think it is the way to go.

Back