The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 32 (Factory Backed) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 124 comments
Haha nice! And thank you of course! Although my inspirations for the car was the original Supra GT1 and GT500 cars of the mid-late 90s :)

@Cytoria looks better like this :)
If i'm correct, the previous (more yellow) orange is the Mclaren orange, used on their race cars in the 60's (?). What you ised now is Mclaren papaya orange, used on the "less old" and current F1 cars.

I am not sure about this so dont shoot me if I am wrong (:
Although the PSN is down and I can’t try more, I’ve done some tests to close the subject of oranges.

- McLaren Orange real paint chip is 11/100/94 (my first version)
- McLaren F1 factory orange is 8/100/100 (my new version, indeed more « orange » than yellow)
- McLaren 650S GT3 factory orange is 6/100/95 (which is... red)

:banghead:

As announced, I can’t launch the poll tonight. I will do it tomorrow.

So @Sinyster , you’re in, and @Teal you have an extra time to post your pictures...

Although the PSN is down and I can’t try more, I’ve done some tests to close the subject of oranges.

- McLaren Orange real paint chip is 11/100/94 (my first version)
- McLaren F1 factory orange is 8/100/100 (my new version, indeed more « orange » than yellow)
- McLaren 650S GT3 factory orange is 6/100/95 (which is... red)
For best orange results I used to use the special colour which was available at mileage exchange for a while: This "McLaren Orange" was great for my Crash Test VW Golf, my NEMO Ferrari and my BMW "Laguna Seca" Safety Car.

Last edited:
- - END OF THIS ROUND - -
The poll is already up, filled with 27 great entries, and I want to thank you for your participation on this round. @Azabear6 selected a nice theme!
Pick up your 3 favourites!

Some notes :
- One entry didn't make its way to the poll, despite being a nice livery, it was not valid for the theme ; sorry @AlfoDesigns hopefully you will join us on a next round!
- This round didn't specify that you can have mutiple bonus shots. So @McDotter , @KK78 , @YukinoSuzuka , I had to pick one shot of the 2 or 3 you posted. Let me know if you want another that the one I've chosen.
- From now on, though, it will be possible to add 2 bonus shots in the spoiler. Time and bonus competitions have proven that I can handle it.
- @BKGlover : I didn't see your post in the spoiler earlier, but 1) your livery quality is fine and 2) the goal is to have fun. If you have fun been challenged by a new theme out of your bounds each week, it's fine, but if you struggle to add an entry and didn't want to, it's fine too, no one is obliged!

Back