The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 35 (Race Scars) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 111 comments
Hold on your fryers. I will enter in a few minutes!!!
Sorry guys but I couldn't make it to this round... I fact I will be off for a while since today my ps4 got wlod'ed ( damaged hdmi port) and I have to change it (the port)... I already had the photos but I couldn't port it to my usb :(... Hopefully I can get it repaired sooner than I expect but, until now, I step aside from the competition... See y'all later :)

FINAL ENTRY

'Rubbing at the Ring...'

Entry updated and apologies to all for the lateness!

This is my Shulze Nissan GTR from the 2013 Nordschliefe 24hr race. After a solid start to the race on lap 36, while our very own Kaz was driving, he had a coming together at Hatzenbach with the Walkenhorst Z4 at 75mph hitting the Z4 on the rear quarter panel which badly scraped both cars and meant the GTR lost part of it's rear lower bumper.

The car took some time because first I had to recreate the original livery as closely as possible which took a considerable amount of time. I then set about weathering, scraping, damaging and colouring it so it looks as if it's been racing hard for many hours.

Wish I'd managed my time better as I think I could improve it a lot.

Hope you enjoy :cheers:

Last edited:

Here is my take for this competition. Mostly based on the 2009 EPSON NSX GT500, but I’ve made a couple changes so I can’t call it a full replica. The car is weathered as it had raced the 10,000km of Suzuka (yep, no typo here). Decals are torn, mud and dust all over the place, and dirty water drips covers the headlights and the windows when the team washed them for the drivers. I’ve reached the 300 decals limit for the body and around 75 for the hood and the wing, despite volontary choosing a simple base livery (77 decals of the body were enough to create the clean car).

Link to the livery

Speaking of the other entries for the poll :

@AlexWilmot and @ManlyEagles ,if you want to take part of the competition, your main pics must be taken in one of the mandatory scapes (Shiretoko or White Sands) with the correct settings.

@Amavai : You volontary darken the background, but I’m not sure that it’s better for your entry, and a clear white background is usually better to showcase your car on the poll.

You can adjust your pictures until I launch the poll, most probably on Saturday instead of tonight.

Edit : updated my pictures as I’ve noticed that they all showed the same side of the car. This is also the second time only where I use the White Sands area instead of Shiretoko. Added the link to the livery too.

Last edited:
It's super late right now. I'mma head to sleep, but please remind me, because we remember what happened last competition with me.

Did you drive through barbed wire? :nervous:

Never mind barbed wire, I think it was through another dimension!

The opponents were a bit rough, I admit.

523FC35E-8D91-4DFE-B606-A7E888AD5AB9.jpeg

The plot says « make them as broken and as filthy as possible », so I’ve taken it almost literally!

Last edited:
The opponents were a bit rough, I admit.

The plot says « make them as broken and as filthy as possible », so I’ve taken it almost literally!
Well, my car is leading the rally so it can’t be broken

@KK78 the damage on the quarter, is that one decal ore made or completely in game? I’m making a livery for a friend in the igtl series and looking to do a peeled away look and that would fit perfect!

Well, my car is leading the rally so it can’t be broken

@KK78 the damage on the quarter, is that one decal ore made or completely in game? I’m making a livery for a friend in the igtl series and looking to do a peeled away look and that would fit perfect!

It's about 25 decals I got from the community, a mix of scratches, lines, shading and scuff/damage marks

Back