The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 35 (Race Scars) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 111 comments
FINAL ENTRY

I think it's fair to say - as motorsport fans - that this car needs no introduction! Suffice to say it won the GTE-PRO class marking 70 years since Ferraris first ever LM24 win.
The pictures here aim to echo it's final stint along it's way to that historic victory.

FINAL ENTRY
Dirty Bull
Self explanatory really.... rally boy goes rallying.

Not one decal has been duplicated and although they all look the same colour for some reason, they are actually all one of 8 shades of brown used.

Original livery here.

Last edited:
I'm back from the dead!

I've been seeing a lot of modern paintworks with super-realistic "sand trap level grime". So, being the person I am, I ran in the complete opposite direction- toward a more semi-realism look, the way I draw my art. I also plastered my car in a lot of filth, mud that dried, and then fell off, mud that dripped down, caked stuff that built up and liquified- the dust that is picked up from gravel. I tried covering the vehicle in dirt as in relation to speed; where it falls AND where it goes. There's... oh I can't count, 11 shades of filth consuming the thing? I guess you could say there's a world tour's worth of mud on this car!

And about the car? Only my obscenely expensive 10-Smackin'-Million credit Alfa Romeo with what appears to be the longest in-game name. (Seriously, try reading it three times fast!) On this underrated machine, I painted it in a scheme in reference to my early 2000's Game childhood, and emblazoned it in my own "Special Stage" logo, a fictional series of ridiculous races and rallies. I also put a custom "=HIGHROLLER=" Emblem on it because that's exactly what this car is! On it, you'll see the car is sponsored by Polyphony's Fictional "Gran Turismo Association" (Or GTA), and the real watch brand SEIKO for that obvious Gran Turismo 4 easter egg. This thing's a real blast-from-the-past.

AND YES The standard images are grey on purpose. A white like mine would only show it's contrasting decals... Floating mud...

Last edited:
UPDATE!

I've updated my Isometric Standard images. The contrast and lighting were too low!

The important part is that you can actually see the intricate detail of my dirt.

Go take a look! It's a big difference, you'll see more.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

This one is a very personal livery for me. I am not sure how famous Bastos is around the world, but in the Belgium racing scene it was an iconic livery, used on several cars from different race classes (a little bit like Gulf liveries). As multiple teams cover their cars in Bastos colors, there were different secondary sponsors. That's where the personal part begins... Made a fictional Bastos-team, based on the rally team my dad raced in in the late 80's (a BMW E30, E21 and 2002). I used their main sponsor (Sportex) as secondary sponsor, and their secondary sponsors as "sideskirt" sponsors. Also the number board is the same as the one they used on one of their rally's. To make it all complete, the name of my father and his driver are on the front wheel arches, placed in the same spot as on their rally car. As rally cars need licence plates too, I used a decal of my first car's plate. I'm pretty sure most people won't care about this, but for me it's awesome to see my old car still living a little bit :) Hope you all enjoy!!

EDIT : I'll update the whitesands pictures, it looks kind of dark compared to the bonus pics

Link: http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/notifications/livery/1937420/1/6133990659936256561

o3AMchd.jpg

49CmuHP.jpg

1MBJ4xZr.jpg
OQogHe2r.jpg

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

This one is a very personal livery for me. I am not sure how famous Bastos is around the world, but in the Belgium racing scene it was an iconic livery, used on several cars from different race classes (a little bit like Gulf liveries). As multiple teams cover their cars in Bastos colors, there were different secondary sponsors. That's where the personal part begins... Made a fictional Bastos-team, based on the rally team my dad raced in in the late 80's (a BMW E30, E21 and 2002). I used their main sponsor (Sportex) as secondary sponsor, and their secondary sponsors as "sideskirt" sponsors. Also the number board is the same as the one they used on one of their rally's. To make it all complete, the name of my father and his driver are on the front wheel arches, placed in the same spot as on their rally car. As rally cars need licence plates too, I used a decal of my first car's plate. I'm pretty sure most people won't care about this, but for me it's awesome to see my old car still living a little bit :) Hope you all enjoy!!

EDIT : I'll update the whitesands pictures, it looks kind of dark compared to the bonus pics

View attachment 837406 View attachment 837407

This is superb!

FINAL ENTRY

:bowdown::bowdown:

FINAL ENTRY

That's a great entry RealJay – indeed. Love it. Please enhance the main shots a bit and make them clickable to enlarge – so we can see your baby in full beauty. Best of luck for the poll!

FINAL ENTRY
Dirty Bull

I’ve spent the days, since posting the original, working on the dirt modulation. Trying to add more depth and realism to it, which in my opinion, I’ve pretty much succeeded in. Looking at the 2 edits, the difference is just hilarious that I could have thought the original was acceptable! Plus, it needs to be the best I can, I’m maxxed out on decal limit for body, other and bonnet :confused::lol:. Whether I win or not, this is probably the best entry I’ve had so far in any of the challenges I’ve participated in and that’s the morale victory I’m happy with! I’m so happy with the livery alone never mind the edited dirt version.

P.s, updated extra images will come later

Last edited:
I'm going round and round in circles i]with this theme, it's a great theme but I did the Brumos 911 but Higny beat me to getting it finished (looks great by the way) I've then tried a drift car but can't get it to work so I'm now thinking about rally cars but the best ones have already been used!! :D I'll get something done but not sure how good it will be :boggled:

I'm going round and round in circles i]with this theme, it's a great theme but I did the Brumos 911 but Higny beat me to getting it finished (looks great by the way) I've then tried a drift car but can't get it to work so I'm now thinking about rally cars but the best ones have already been used!! :D I'll get something done but not sure how good it will be :boggled:
I’ve played around with trashed drift cars but never completed them. Issue being, a drift car tends to lose parts rather than beat them up. That makes it hard :lol: but I reckon, if you had more time, you could sort a proper beat up drift car nicely! Possibly exposing crash bars etc

FINAL ENTRY

I see a lot of rally cars therefor I decided to go for an LMP1(2). It is a livery based on the Racing Team Nederland (Holland) with the Jumbo sponsoring!

Just liked yellow and dark Grey design of their new car. So here is a sneakpeak of the progress. Not sure if I can match the post of @RealJaySee and @D-Max but I will definitely give it a try!

Last edited:
I’ve played around with trashed drift cars but never completed them. Issue being, a drift car tends to lose parts rather than beat them up. That makes it hard :lol: but I reckon, if you had more time, you could sort a proper beat up drift car nicely! Possibly exposing crash bars etc

Very true, I'd love to do a demolition derby car too but the game doesn't really allow for that. I did a design on my Yoshihara BRZ where part of the front bumper was ripped off but it's problematic when trying to replicate parts missing because what you put 'behind' the part only looks good form certain angles

Latest Posts

Back