The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 39 (Speed Demons) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 108 comments
My entrant to a speed competition... is an entrant to a speed competition :lol:

(Btw, time for another far-fetched origin story :lol:)

In 2005, TVR sought after ways to increase their brand popularity to bump up the sales of some of their newly released cars i.e the Tuscan, Sagaris, Tamora and Typhon. They already had a fair hand in motorsport racing and wanted to try something a little different. One of the workers chipped in about an Option magazine he had from last December that featured the Option Stream Z, which had taken part in the Silver State Classic Challenge in Nevada. This 140km high speed event seemed like the perfect event for TVR to showcase the Tuscan's abilities and gain the extra popularity it was looking for.

TVR contacted Option about using one of their Tuscans for the 2005 run, to which Option respectfully declined, citing it's JDM stance and commitment to running the Stream Z, but they offered TVR a list of tuning & customisation contacts should they wish to build a Tuscan speedster themselves. After three months of constant testing and fine tuning, the Tuscan SuperSpeed was ready. Sporting a indigo-to-pink gradient paintjob and "neon swan" decals, the Tuscan SuperSpeed stood out in clear inspiration of it's role model as it entered both the Target Speed competition in the Unlimited class and the 1 Mile Shootout.

The SuperSpeed managed to reach 176mph in it's Mile Shootout, placing it in second, just under the Stream Z at 180. Sadly, the Tuscan did not finish the Target Speed run, coming off the track just short of the 90 mile finish and burying the Tuscan in the gravel and sand. The dream for TVR was over, but the Tuscan SuperSpeed demonstrated the capabilites of the Tuscan enough to earn the respect of the other entrants.

MMX

The idea here, is a special edition, I've named Red Hot Edition. Take an already capable hot rod, and make it even hotter. Tried to keep it fairly simple, and do something the factory, or aftermarket outfitter would do. The smaller details like the pinstripe on the lower part was tricky, while the red outline around the ZL1, and bowtie were easy, but I thought would be nice details.

Livery link...https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1445033/1/7206420279003743785

The only thing that annoys my OCD with this one is the stipe not centered to the door handle :D
LOL. Not crazy about it myself, and I tweaked it some, but the handle is only a slightly different angle. I guess I could have made the stripe thicker, but then it would've thrown the rest off. That side stripe is in three pieces, so it didn't get pixelated when blown up.

I might post my own take later too ;)

DEMO ENTRY

Spoon NSX type R

In the Spoon workshop

At speed

We've yet to see a real NSX type R based on the 2017 model, but I've already added a Spoon version of it. The car uses the usual blue/yellow colour scheme, but with a more modern twist, inspired by the Acura NSX GT3 launch livery and its triangles. There is some masking work to make different areas in carbon (front splitter, side skirts, hood vents, mirrors, rear mask...) and to keep the factory roof. I wish we can paint the front mask too but this is only gloss black so I've chose to do gloss carbon too (semi-matte looks better, but the non-matching finishes were too odd on the front view).

Back