The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 40 (Fantasy Brands) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 169 comments
FINAL ENTRY
Hyundai Transurban Zero Emissions

I really had so many conflicted ideas about this entry, and tried about 4 different design themes on multiple different cars (all before the RSI? in my arm flared up). Still undecided, and torn between using Green or Blue on this. And on the tertiary sponsors - which and where. However, as it is currently a bit painful* to hold a controller or use a mouse for more than 20m mins, I may have to settle with what I've got!

*nothing serious - so I shouldn't even mention it. I have because I am normally much more active with the likes and comments on the GT Sport community and don't want people thinking I'm being rude.

PS - further to the recent topic of feedback, please feel free to provide feedback, whenever you feel appropriate to pass your thoughts, opinions and comments on. Thank you.

@Cytoria this may be worth adding to the first post.

WHITE SANDS 1

WHITE SANDS 9

SHIRETOKO 3

@sturk0167

That's a big help! Thank you for taking the time to make the tutorials. :cheers:
It was all a bit confusing for a first-timer.
It would help new people if the locations listed in the instructions had a thumbnail photo, because I don't see in the scapes gallery where the locations are numbered. 👍

That's a big help! Thank you for taking the time to make the tutorials. :cheers:
It was all a bit confusing for a first-timer.
It would help new people if the locations listed in the instructions had a thumbnail photo, because I don't see in the scapes gallery where the locations are numbered. 👍
They aren’t, you count for yourself

Quite a while ago, I discovered an awesome livery, where somebody put chrome decals on an Atenza. I really liked it, and just recently figured out how he did it. So, all I was really trying to do with this design was experiment with that method. I realize the design is very basic, but I wanted to see if I could make it look like the car had chrome decals.

With the help of @D-Max, I finally understood the photo-taking requirements for the competition. I took the pictures at all 3 locations, and they just don't show at all that the blue is chrome. It just looks like basic blue paint. I suppose it's because of the light source that is used. I went out and took another picture that conveyed the look I was trying to show.

Next time I'll come up with something that will work better with the competition guidelines.

*Not an official entry.

Quite a while ago, I discovered an awesome livery, where somebody put chrome decals on an Atenza. I really liked it, and just recently figured out how he did it. So, all I was really trying to do with this design was experiment with that method. I realize the design is very basic, but I wanted to see if I could make it look like the car had chrome decals.

With the help of @D-Max, I finally understood the photo-taking requirements for the competition. I took the pictures at all 3 locations, and they just don't show at all that the blue is chrome. It just looks like basic blue paint. I suppose it's because of the light source that is used. I went out and took another picture that conveyed the look I was trying to show.

Next time I'll come up with something that will work better with the competition guidelines.

*Not an official entry.
Just enter the car! Hahahaha Jesus, if the white-sands etc photos don’t work for you that’s why there are the bonus pictures! ;):lol:

PS - further to the recent topic of feedback, please feel free to provide feedback, whenever you feel appropriate to pass your thoughts, opinions and comments on. Thank you.
If there is zero emission, do you need the plural (emissions) in English? :confused:

Firstly I thought about a mistake but maybe it's not in English like it is in French.
(I'm pretty sure it's like this in French... :D )

My personal advice would be to keep it in blue, I liked that color scheme at first sight.

If there is zero emission, do you need the plural (emissions) in English? :confused:

Firstly I thought about a mistake but maybe it's not in English like it is in French.
(I'm pretty sure it's like this in French... :D )

My personal advice would be to keep it in blue, I liked that color scheme at first sight.

Thank you - much appreciated. I have to confess it never occurred to me to use the singular of emissions!

Interesting question 👍.

My 2 pence :sly:.
Technically electric cars are not "Emission-free". Although they don't produce gasses as bi-products, they do emit sound, heat, motion, that funny smell when they get too hot :yuck: and in some cases...flames :eek: :nervous: :lol:
But they produce ZERO harmful gaseous EMISSIONS...once the construction of them is finished at least :mischievous: :lol:.

On another note. After running through a couple of brick walls (damn that could have been an idea :banghead: :embarrassed:) with a couple of designs I couldn't quite get looking right. I'll have something in later 👍.

Interesting question 👍.

My 2 pence :sly:.
Technically electric cars are not "Emission-free". Although they don't produce gasses as bi-products, they do emit sound, heat, motion, that funny smell when they get too hot :yuck: and in some cases...flames :eek: :nervous: :lol:
But they produce ZERO harmful gaseous EMISSIONS...once the construction of them is finished at least :mischievous: :lol:.

Interesting point - I was working on the premise of Zero Urban Emissions, but yeah, you are very correct!

After much deliberation I've decided to stick with the Grey version of this design, I really like both but feel the grey pops just that little bit more and Denso 'feels' of the white one smelled a bit too much of been halfway to a replica.

FINAL ENTRY

2023 Toyota Understeer FT-1 Super GT

Link to livery: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1309219/1/7422522701097468985

Last edited:
After much deliberation I've decided to stick with the Grey version of this design, I really like both but feel the grey pops just that little bit more imo and Denso 'feels' of the white one smelled a bit too much of been halfway to a replica.
Fair enough - have to admit that grey and red makes this an especially striking design. Terrific work!

Hiya, sorry to be so clueless, but I was wondering if anyone has any tips for getting the photos out of the PS4? I have a FAT formatted thumb drive, it shows in USB storage devices, I can 'export to USB' from the scapes, but when I try and get the file on my MacBook there is no sign of the files? Gotta rush off to work, hopefully I can upload something this evening, great work here already :)

Hiya, sorry to be so clueless, but I was wondering if anyone has any tips for getting the photos out of the PS4? I have a FAT formatted thumb drive, it shows in USB storage devices, I can 'export to USB' from the scapes, but when I try and get the file on my MacBook there is no sign of the files? Gotta rush off to work, hopefully I can upload something this evening, great work here already :)

As an alternative method, if you have Twitter you can share directly from the PS4 to Twitter, up to 4 shots at a time, then go into Twitter, find the post with the pictures, enlarge one and save individually to your PC, rinse and repeat, then upload them direct to your Media Gallery on GT Planet.

MMX
I can never tell the difference.
I always share mine in game, so I can get them from my computer, then use the GT Planet media gallery. Super easy.
Ditto, you can save an image with its URL to your media so you can share the images and get them of your profile dead easy! Even works on mobile which is normally how I do it.

MMX
I can never tell the difference.
I always share mine in game, so I can get them from my computer, then use the GT Planet media gallery. Super easy.

Me neither and Twitter acts as a nice little library if I’m out and about

Thanks for all the help people, I found that I needed to format the USB device as exFAT (FAT is not enough), then the 'picture' folder appeared and the files were there, huzzah!... er, maybe I shouldn't get too triumphal when you are all about to see the content :)

Last edited:
Back