The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 48 (La Festa Cavallino) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 143 comments

For this event I wanted to do a classic yet modern Ferrari.

I've mixed the famous Rosso Scuderia with white parts as an echo from the F1 liveries of the glorious era. I've added subtle touches of italian red and green as a national pride mark.

For the graphics, at first I wanted to do a big gradient of green-to-white-to-red horses, but that never worked as intended, so I simplified if with this red-to-white-to-red effect. The "Cavalcade" name reminds of the annual Ferrari owners event as much as the multiple horses running on the car. The pictures doesn’t show it well but in motion the faded red horses mixed with the flakes of the Rosso Scuderia paint create nice lighting and reflections.

For the race series, I hesitated with the Italian GT Championship, which allows the loyal Pirelli tires to stay with a usual Ferrari partner, but the tires looks too empty so I finally went for a Le Mans car from Risi Competizione. Numberplate placement is Sport Mode friendly as stated in the rules.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Hope I limbo under the deadline :embarrassed:, this is an old livery again (link), it has been updated but I haven't finished tweaking so not shared yet.

I've tried to reference the Pininfarina 206 Competizione with badges and sort of vents and spoilers. The badge decals are masked so the chrome shows through, with some gradient transparencies to try and give them a 3D effect. Yes I know, you can barely see them :). The vents were made using shapes, as were the tricolor stripes, I’m hoping to make the vents into decals, once I can brace myself for another fight with Inkscape :nervous:. Originally I wanted to make it so you could change the car base colour, but then I decided I wanted chrome bits, so made chrome the base colour, and then I struggled so hard with the curves and vents that it won't work as an 'original colour' livery any more. But that is the ambition.

Not much else to say, the 2nd bonus shot is trying to replicate the style of photos that appeared in an article about the Competizione at the time, I'll see if I can find that link...

update: 206 Comptizione

Last edited:
I'd originally had another livery planned for this one but it went a bit too far away from Italy for my liking. Fila was my next choice up. I love retro livery styles so here's my little throwback homage to the OG Italian streetwear label.

What’s Italian for ‘tres chic’? For no good reason I thought Fila was French! Sometimes I wear my Bjorn Borg tennis top while listening to Schoolly D’s ‘Put your Fila’s on’ (the original OG rapper), so this is important information, thanks :)

What’s Italian for ‘tres chic’? For no good reason I thought Fila was French! Sometimes I wear my Bjorn Borg tennis top while listening to Schoolly D’s ‘Put your Fila’s on’ (the original OG rapper), so this is important information, thanks :)
In French there is an accent for très chic. :)

I don't think there's a proper translation for this word in Italian, they would say molto chic or molto elegante I think.

[...]
Numberplate placement is Sport Mode friendly as stated in the rules.

Oh damnit, I somehow completely missed this requirement in the rules. Is there time for me to update my entry?

Also, I love your entry. If I had any constructive feedback, it would be that Risi is an American team, not Italian :)

If I had any constructive feedback, it would be that Risi is an American team, not Italian :)
Keen eye! I know but it was on purpose :embarrassed:. Funnily enough, the italian team I was going for on the IGTC version was RS Racing Team (an english name) but Risi has a more italian sound and they are used to race Le Mans so I went for it (and changed the country too ;) ).

FINAL ENTRY

Risi Competizione 458 Italia GT4

Oh damnit, I somehow completely missed this requirement in the rules. Is there time for me to update my entry?

I didn't see any objections (and the competition is still open), so I went ahead and updated my entry to be Sport Mode friendlier.

Last edited:
Really nice job on those stripes. It looks to me like a difficult thing to do, as well as you did. 👍

Thank you kindly :cheers:, TBH it took many attempts. Funnily enough, I kind of enjoy the pain of skewing and re-skewing, angling and re-angling shapes in-game until they work, I can zone out while doing it. By comparison, I hate making and uploading, then re-making and re-uploading decals! I am so impressed by the people here who volunteer their time to do this for requests! :gtpflag:

Cytoria:
[...]
Numberplate placement is Sport Mode friendly as stated in the rules.

Also, I love your entry

Oh rats, that should probably disqualify me then, my bad :banghead: . I can’t really change it so I’ll offer to withdraw from this round, sorry!

Actually I might get away with saying it doesn’t look too bad in sport mode, and on a completely unrelated note Cytoria I think your livery is fab, I really like the transparent fade of the cavalcade :dopey: (where’s the ‘innocent whistle’ emoji?), and Higny I just know you would have killed it if you had been eligible for this round (praying with a halo emoji)

Seriously though, I withdraw, and I really do like the cavalcade :)

Last edited:
Oh rats, that should probably disqualify me then, my bad :banghead: . I can’t really change it so I’ll offer to withdraw from this round, sorry!

Actually I might get away with saying it doesn’t look too bad in sport mode, and on a completely unrelated note Cytoria I think your livery is fab, I really like the transparent fade of the cavalcade :dopey: (where’s the ‘innocent whistle’ emoji?), and Higny I just know you would have killed it if you had been eligible for this round (praying with a halo emoji)

Seriously though, I withdraw, and I really do like the cavalcade :)
Not a problem. Here's what @Higny said when I asked him about the rules:
The livery must have a racing number, not necessary a number plate
You're good 👍

Not a problem. Here's what @Higny said when I asked him about the rules:

You're good 👍
Thanks, I appreciate it, but I think that is what I saw and mis-understood, now that I’ve looked at the rules and read it again, “The livery must have a racing number, not necessary a number plate” doesn’t nullify the sport-mode friendly requirement. Why am I arguing myself out of contention?!?

Back