The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 51 (24h of LeMons) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 112 comments
Having this fun and delirious competition side by side with the more « serious » GTPlanet round will be cool to see in the next weeks!

I really want to do some kind of parodic livery too, I love the ones posted so far!

FINAL ENTRY

One particular type of Lemons livery is, as previously demonstrated by @Adam Barber, the overly elaborate replica on the wholly inappropriate car. Now, I freely admit to being inspired by the infamous BMW-powered Corvette. Indeed, I have a replica of the same lying around that I've never shared. I initially considered entering it, but decided against it. My next thought was to homage it with a Chevy livery on a BMW, but the only one that's cheap enough is I think the i3, which is both too new and too ... green. I finally settled on this mutt.

It is at least somewhat justified by the new Supra being powered by a BMW motor. I like to imagine that there's a diesel motor from a junkyard BMW 325td under the bonnet. Just pretend that the duct tape on the rear hides a 325td badge, to be revealed for dramatic effect by tearing off the tape. :D

I humbly submit as a bribe, a case of Bud Light with hand-drawn Warsteiner labels, plus a bag of Bavarian-style pretzels covered in wasabi powder.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

I have to admit, this made me laugh out loud the moment I realised what I was looking at. Bravo! :lol:

On an unrelated note, I kinda wish that we could implement some form of the BS Factor. For every Cr. 1000 you overspend on a car, subtract 1 vote from your poll total. It may not be in the spirit of previous LECs, but it would be totally in the spirit of the 24 Hours of LeMons! :D

FINAL ENTRY

#416 Subpar Motorsports Wakaliwood Rally Team

20200317094628.jpg

20200317094606.jpg

20200317101023.jpg

20200317101030.jpg

Last edited:
Totally not inspired by a four-door rally car driven by a Scottish hero.

I was inspired to make this livery after binge watching "a few" Top Gear challenges, notably the "Rallycross cheaper than golf" challenge. And like the show, I decided to comply with the "no real life sponsorships" rule. See if you can spot the references ;)

P.S: Is there any chance that we can have LeMons race lobby with our cars?

Thank you. I really like the idea you came up with for your car. About 2 days before your posted it, I already had the sign duct taped to my driver's door, and when I saw yours, I was worried some people would think I copied the tape idea, since yours was posted first.
Great minds think alike. 👍

Back