The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 51 (24h of LeMons) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 112 comments
FINAL ENTRY

Banged up Beetle with a new bonet, supporting the Alzhimers Society. Wanted to go full on lemon but ended up with this. Added some more bonus pictures, which to be honest I enjoyed taking more than I did making the livery :lol:

This is an EXACT replica of a Formula 1 Ferrari from 2003. You wouldn't believe it, but this isn't really a 458 as the number on the door suggests. Underneath this livery there is a Toyota MR2. This serious contender for the Le Mons 2020 will probably win the race. Thanks to a new F1 engine (a 2 l turbo 4 cylinder for the 2022 season) it will dominate everything and everyone!!

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

:cheers:

I deciding to go with a parody livery with a little blasphemy thrown in for good measure. And opted to parody one of my favourite cars from all of motorsport. Darrell Waltrip's #17 Tide liveried "Chevy" Lumina NASCAR from the late 80's. So a Ford was always going to be the best option :D:tup:.

Originally I wanted to use a Focus (A Ka would have been better :mischievous: :lol:) but the model year was too late :(. The decision made itself when the Mach1 came into view, being made in '71 was a glorious coincidence 💡.
I was also tempted to go for the rusted out and faded look too, but there's already plenty of those to choose from here, so I opted to stay pretty clean. I removed most of the brightwork save for the fuelcap, hoodpins, grill surround and light bezels. and colour-matched the front and rear bumpers (fenders, for my American brothers and sisters :D), door handles and locks with the main colour scheme. Although I didn't replace the old rubber window seals when I did the respray, they do look a little worse for wear :dopey:.

I did make sure to rough it up a bit for the Willow Springs bonus shot though 👍.

Edit: Livery is not sport mode compatible.

Last edited:
Hey can I use the 81 Porsche 911 turbo? It's 100k. I want it to have the story of not only having it's engine removed but also be a flood victim. It's gonna have the pidliest engine to replace it to get into lemons. :lol:

I'm assuming we're gonna be racin' these boys later right?

Hey can I use the 81 Porsche 911 turbo? It's 100k. I want it to have the story of not only having it's engine removed but also be a flood victim. It's gonna have the pidliest engine to replace it to get into lemons. :lol:

I'm assuming we're gonna be racin' these boys later right?
Nice idea – but rules are ruling. Looking forward to your entry.
However
DEADLINE :
April 1st, 2020 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)
Maybe @Cytoria will give a grace period?

I’m worried that it might have trouble passing scrutineering, with the race numbers partly obscured like that, but I realize now that race numbers aren’t mentioned in the rules of this LEC. Still, I’d find a can of paint or a roll of tape if I were you ;)
I understand and I thought it might be borderline. I’ll correct that before launching the poll.

Edited with a visible number but a "clean" numberplate, more in the style of the rest of the livery.

Last edited:
Competition closed.jpg

Well done guys. Good luck for the poll…​

Back