The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 53 (Forbidden Sponsors) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 178 comments

In an alternative time line, the Jordan Toyota partnership in Formula 1 expands into the WEC.
The main sponsors, DHL and B&H, move over to the new project.
Such is the demand for Buzzin Hornets merchandise that the team run the slogan 90% of the time.

Grasping an opportunity to gain share in the Japanese market Jameson also jumps onboard with the team.

The relationship peaks in the 2018 - 2019 season, when Fernando Alonso, Sébastien Buemi & Kazui Nakajima
won both Le Mans and the WEC title.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

JPS IMSA 2019 911 GT3R

20200416222758.jpg
20200416222741.jpg

Original Livery: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/3216836/1/7070660293216437280

Sport Mode Friendly Livery: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/3216836/1/5332909644707824136

Last edited:
CANCELLED ENTRY - NOT SPORTMODE COMPATIBLE!

VIVA LA REVOLUCiÓN!

It's the year 2019, the world was looking at Cuba and Washington. As Donald Trump has again 🤬 up badly, he was in desperate need of good news. 3900 Marines were sent to Cuba to bring them democratic freedom. As they landed, they were quickly defeated without any casualities on both sides, as the Cubans offered each Marine who will surrender a Cuba Librè, a cigar and a weekend in a beach ressort. Cuba threatened the US goverment to give the Marines another drink so they were forced to have diplomatic talks how the crisis could be solved. As Castro was successful, the business embargo was cancelled and the Marines were send home. Habanos used this opportunity to conquer the US market with their products and decided to sponsor the ultimate American race car for the 2019 Blancpain season.

The car has a complete matte masking job to give the cigar logos the golden shine it deserves, the pattern was scanned from a pack I had lying around at home. Base colour is my loved Y3 big flakes. Mirrors and some body components are wrapped with carbon fiber.
I went with with the Corvette / Cohiba combination, as it seemed to be as forbidden as possible.

Link:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gts...lery/all/livery/1903931/1/6773516170048865792

CANCELLED ENTRY - NOT SPORTMODE COMPATIBLE!

Usually my liveries are designed to be Sport Mode friendly. This time I sacrified that on the Cohiba Corvette as there was no way to work around the masking job of the Cohiba logo with the odd placement of the number board. Spend some time in the LE with multiple attempts to fix that, but it was a bloody mess. Sorry, I have to withdrawn the Cuban Chevy from this competition, I'll try to come up with something else.

Last edited:
They've not by the FIA, as recently as 2018 Martini was title sponsor of Williams F1 team. Other race teams also have alcohol sponsors aswell.
However at some races in some countries they are required to remove them. Williams also wasn't able to have their proper livery in the F1 game due to advertising to children etc...

I think Alcohol falls in the gap

However at some races in some countries they are required to remove them. Williams also wasn't able to have their proper livery in the F1 game due to advertising to children etc...

I think Alcohol falls in the gap

Yeah some countries that are either dry like in the middle East or France who are famous for their alcohol banned alcohol advertising.

Only two pages in and we're already seeing top-notch entries! Amazing stuff guys! :drool:

Just to clarify does this mean I would be able to use mission winnow or A better tomorrow?
This is made clear under point number two of "Unique Restrictions":

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
-For artistic and creativity sake, "alternate" versions of tobacco/alcohol brands are also allowed (for example: barcodes as seen on Marlboro/Silk Cut cars, Benson & Hedges' "Buzzin' Hornets", "Mission Winnow", etc.), but make sure to mention them.

You're all good. :D 👍

I always wanted to do a remake of the Formula 1 cars, like the Mclaren of the late 90's, early 2000's with West Cigarettes as a sponsor. I like the nose of the original Mclaren race car being red, so I had to search for a car which isn't an open wheeled racer but has a pointy nose. The Toyota FT-1 seems to be the right tool for this creation.
So here is the Formula FT-1, a tribute series from Toyota, an one-make series of the FT-1 concept-car, where Formula 1 champions from the past race in futuristic machinery against each other. The cars wear retro inspired liveries to make the series really stand out.

I'm thinking of doing some more, but for now here is the West-Mclaren and a Marlboro-Ferrari, which isn't competing: Download Formula FT-1 Marlboro Livery

Code:
[url=fullsize.jpg][img]preview.jpg[/img][/url]

The link code works, the problem is I can't find (or don't know how to generate) the 680 pixels preview. Right clicking/view image on Greycap preview gives a 680 image, doing the same on mine (or one of the other posters) I get a full size pic.

The link code works, the problem is I can't find (or don't know how to generate) the 680 pixels preview. Right clicking/view image on Greycap preview gives a 680 image, doing the same on mine (or one of the other posters) I get a full size pic.

Go into your picture and copy the gallery link in the bottom right of the screen.

Go into your picture and copy the gallery link in the bottom right of the screen.

Oh my... The Share This Media list was blank because of Adblock :embarrassed:. However, the BB gallery code is the same as clicking on the Media Gallery Embed thumb, it then shows the 680 pixels that links to the image page but looks nowhere to be found (the 680).

Thanks anyway. This is a cool liveries thread, let's keep my BB code issues out of it! :lol:

Back