The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 53 (Forbidden Sponsors) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 178 comments
Using layers to create a mask that allows the logos or design you've made to appear as the metallic color you've used to paint the car. Simply put it's how you make your decals metallic.

It's exactly that. I hadn't tried the technique before but wanted to give it a go, and it seemed to fit quite well with this theme. It can be quite a long winded process with a lot of back and forth with altering the decals to work right but can offer some cool results. Probably won't give it another go in a hurry thought, haha.

It's exactly that. I hadn't tried the technique before but wanted to give it a go, and it seemed to fit quite well with this theme. It can be quite a long winded process with a lot of back and forth with altering the decals to work right but can offer some cool results. Probably won't give it another go in a hurry thought, haha.
It turned out great! I gave it a go with the blue accent on my entry and it's definitely a time suck haha

FINAL ENTRY
UPDATED

Link
I had a little more free time this week than I initially thought I would so I tried my best to clean up some of the rougher edges on my entry. Added the GT window banner and Bosch decals, resized the Pirelli and OMP decals on the front bumper to match the size of the corresponding decals on the rear of the car, and fiddled with the masking on the blue accent to make it align with the car's bodywork better.

Awww you read my mind, we were talking about "masking" but first I wanted to talk about this: air intakes, ducts etc. How's this technique called, artificial bodywork modification? I love it.

Capture.JPG

Awww you read my mind, we were talking about "masking" but first I wanted to talk about this: air intakes, ducts etc. How's this technique called, artificial bodywork modification? I love it.

View attachment 914261

I don't know what it is called, I just see it as a cheeky repurpose of a GT-R (I believe) intake (actually, it's this one). The RSR front is so bland and lonely, you gotta do something about it.

About masking, I saw the discussion. I used the concept in this livery as well in order to make the Intel logo silver on the rear fender:

7359457939648710152_0.jpg

Whaaat?! Spent a few hours doing something like that with multiple layers and he's linking a single decal?! Tell you what, I saved it. :lol:

Oh, sometimes I do it the hard way as well.

The main reason to do it yourself is the possibility of shading some sponsor logo on the inlet.

The trick is to use other shape around the inlet decal so you can reshape it and hide gaps on the bodywork.

Last edited:
This livery is mega! It's a shame that the car on the main pictures is a bit too dark. Maybe if you would increase the brightness it'll be perfect!

When I followed the instructions to the letter mine were dark too.
I ended up dialling up the brightness a bit to get them "whiter".

Hum, thanks, I didn't know you could do this. I'll see if using the other locations makes any difference first.

I took people's advice and shot it again at the White Sands location and so edited the post with the newer and brigther pics.

None of them makes justice to the magnificent Iridium White color :drool:

Great reinterpretation of a classic, would be great to see a red 70's brabham style version ;)

This is great! If I had a GT3 in the real world I'd have this minus the multiple vents on the front bumper, but great livery!

Great reinterpretation of a classic, would be great to see a red 70's brabham style version ;)

Those Brabhams are gorgeous and Brabham is one of my favorites institutions on motorsports. I'll try to cook something up!

In the meantime, someone over Reddit asked me for a black version, and so I did it: available here and seen in action here.

I chose a beer brand for my "Forbidden Sponsor" YUENGLING - Recently have released a new Light Beer called Flight. I figured if they were going to be sponsoring a team that they would have their new brand on display for the world to see.

I had to make the logos and upload them. The wings are actually a negative decal. The body and hood color are actually Chrome W1. The wings are pretty easy to see on the sides and the back bumper, but there are also 2 chrome stripes just ahead of the dark blue on either side of the hood, also.

The livery is Sport Mode compliant as well as IMSA compliant for TC R Class of 2020.

Back