Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
BRITISH TRIP
(banner coming soon)

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, we’re going to a trip in UK. Last winner @baldgye set this theme, here are the details :

« I'd like to do a British GT livery competition. However the title sponsor needs to be TripAdvisor. Can be either GR3 or GR4 cars, just need to feature TripAdvisor as the title sponsor and conform to the general British GT rules. Any Tripadvisor logo/colouring can be used and there are plenty of examples already shared.

Main sponsor: Trip advisor decals

In order to conform to the British GT rules, you'll need:

Gr.3 - white window banner & GT3 rear sticker found here https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gtsport/user/discover/search/decal/decal/1040117/5773614726671008776
Gr.4 - black window sticker & GT4 rear sticker found here https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gtsport/user/discover/search/decal/decal/7489229/6062421324224004624

BGT number board on sides and bonnet found here https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gtsport/user/discover/search/decal/decal/1567832/5846305710254621720
BRDC logo on the side of the car found here https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gts...llery/decal/decal/1567832/6278677600956088336
Front and rear quarter Sunoco logos found here https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gtsport/user/discover/search/decal/decal/1159351/7287457522765563408

Tyre sponsor is Pirelli and needs the Pirelli logo on the front and rear quarters.

Good luck and have fun!»

CARS :
- Gr.3 ou Gr.4 cars.

LIVERIES :
- Inspired or original designs.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- The main sponsors of the car must be TripAdvisor.
- The livery must conform to the simplified British GT rules as seen above.
- Sport Mode compatibility is not mandatory.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- Up to Two Bonus Pictures allowed.
- At least one of the two pictures must be taken in an UK location.

USER MADE DECALS :
- No restrictions.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
- You have to make one post with ONLY the 4 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

If it's your first entry or if you struggle with the picture settings, have a look at the tutorials below :
WHITE SANDS 1

WHITE SANDS 9

SHIRETOKO 3

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE :

Octobrer 3, 2020 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

(From now on I'll try to make the competitions from saturday to saturday, it will be easier in my schedule)

Has anyone found the Intelligent Money windscreen banner the GT4 cars use?
Official IM logo : light font
But seems different on cars.
Pick the one you want. Light, medium or bold

Attachments

• imlight.svg
    8.5 KB · Views: 15
  • immedium.svg
    9.8 KB · Views: 14
  • imbold.svg
    9.9 KB · Views: 13
@Cytoria @baldgye

British GT cars also have the Driven Racing Oils logo on either the nose or the front splitter.

British-GT-2020-Media-Day-Tracking-730x440.jpg

I've shared mine.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...llery/decal/decal/1567832/6197517221150851072

This info may also be of use to @ro_har_ & @stepsinpairs - Ah, just noticed @stepsinpairs has it already.

The font for the numbers is called Kavika if you want to make them yourself, or @graveltrap has them on his decals page.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/profile/1040117/gallery/decal

Last edited:

Quite an enjoyable and tricky theme this to try and come up with something that will stand out from the competition. I thought about going down the road of having an updated livery per race, depending on the circuit that they're racing at that weekend. The track locator (Snetterton in this case) would be altered, in addition to the location ranking (#10 of X things to do etc...), along with the Rating and additional information such as Restaurants and Other attractions within 5 miles.

Hopefully that does the trick, and looking forward to seeing all of the other entries!

I thought about going down the road of having an updated livery per race, depending on the circuit that they're racing at that weekend.
I like that idea. You should pitch it to Tripadvisor.

My livery is almost over.
Annnnd I've just noticed that Jaguar is not one of the competitors of British GT.
Does it matter?

My livery is almost over.
Annnnd I've just noticed that Jaguar is not one of the competitors of British GT.
Does it matter?
As long as it's a Gr3 or Gr4 Jaguar then you should be fine. Mine's a Jaaaaag too.

I always like a Barwell livery so this route was an obvious choice for me. Below is the fictitious press release to go with the livery unveil,

Barwell Motorsport, long time supporter of the British GT Championship, is delighted to announce a new partnership for the 2021 season with the online travel company Tripadvisor for the #78 Lamborghini Huracan. After a successful debut season in the championship, Rob Collard will continue in the car. Rob is excited to be joined by his son Jordan, who after several years in the GT4 class is making the step up to GT3.

I wanted to do something more crass this time around and went with this, which explains the purple wheels. About the colors, I found the corporate brand guidelines PDF from Tripadvisor and they recomend the use of that purple as a secondary color. Found the proper font there also. Hopefully, everything is up to code regarding BRGT regulations for GT3 cars!

The map and the "Find what is good out there" phrase came from the website. I didn't share the livery yet because I know there are somethings I might change and fix, but it is too late and I have to wake early tomorrow, so I'll do it later.

I wanted to do something more crass this time around and went with this, which explains the purple wheels. About the colors, I found the corporate brand guidelines PDF from Tripadvisor and they recomend the use of that purple as a secondary color. Found the proper font there also. Hopefully, everything is up to code regarding BRGT regulations for GT3 cars!

The map and the "Find what is good out there" phrase came from the website. I didn't share the livery yet because I know there are somethings I might change and fix, but it is too late and I have to wake early tomorrow, so I'll do it later.

I really like the map graphic on the sides, nice job.

FINAL ENTRY

Still to be added

Link

Looked at the M4 currently in the GT series for reference of a couple of things like canards on the front, rear boot aero hatches etc... Base is large flake grey with white transparent stripes so there still metallic throughout, splitter, roof and grille have carbon Kevlar with the pink highlighting the edges of them as well as the end plates on the rear wing.
Liberty media as a secondary sponsor since they own Tripadvisor, KW as suspension due to its partnership with BMW, series reg stickers and puma as well for race gear.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back