The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 63 (British Trip) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 73 comments
FINAL ENTRY

Tripadvisor Ferrari GT3

Link to livery: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1309219/1/7566703862040528400

Thanks for looking :cheers:

Forgot to do a quick write up!

This is actually the last of several designs I did for this round, the others just felt too bland and boring and I'm actually really pleased with this one. I wanted to capture the bright, striking designs of some modern GT cars, where sharp edges and colours often jump out vs the more basic, historical liveries in GT racing. I really enjoyed putting this one together and feel it's one of my best liveries for a while, I've consciously tried to not be so regimented with the lines and symmetry and I think it allows for a more interesting design.

FINAL ENTRY

Tripadvisor Vulcan Venator GT3

Link (updated version).

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Link (coming soon).​
Before I get on to my entry, it was a surprise and a great pleasure to end up on the podium last time out. Thank you everyone who gave my Jag a vote; I wasn't sure how popular it would become, but it only felt right to make it considering how much of an antithesis the XJR-9 is to the I-Type. :gtpflag:

Anyway, with this competition, it made sense for me to resuscitate an earlier idea I had for another 'Vulcan Venator GT3' livery based on the Gr.3 Mustang. In case anyone hasn't already seen the original versions elsewhere, here is a little context (plus links) from the description in my Livery Gallery:

VulcanSpirit
The Venator is Vulcan's classic performance coupe. Initially entering production in 1965 as a North American variant of the Tempest sports car, the seventh-generation model was launched in early 2019, based on the modular Gemini R2 platform shared with the Lancaster XII saloon. Three VPS models - the 30S, 30H R hybrid and 40R - joined the range shortly after, the latter forming the basis of Vulcan Racing Squadron's latest GT3 challenger.
Per Vulcan's current naming convention, the Venator 40R GT3 (also simply referred to as the Venator GT3) uses a 4.0l twin-turbo V8 engine shared with its road-going counterpart. This engine is an updated version of that used in its predecessor, the Spitfire GT3, which can produce up to 600bhp depending on Balance of Performance parameters. The Venator 40R GT3 was unveiled in October 2019, bearing a simple but striking grey and two-tone green livery.
Like its predecessor, the Venator 40R GT3 is primarily developed for customer racing programmes. Factory-supported outfit Gooch Engineering was among the first teams to use the new machine, being selected to run two works-backed 40Rs at its racing debut at the 2020 Bathurst 12 Hour. A reworked livery incorporating the Vulcan 'wings' logo was also introduced, with minor changes before the weekend itself. The 40R GT3's potential was cemented with a debut podium finish, which Vulcan Racing Squadron and Gooch Engineering hope to emulate in a full Intercontinental GT Challenge assault subject to current global circumstances.

I had always intended for the third 'Venator' scheme to be based around a 'customer' entry, but it wasn't until the competition rules dropped that I began to brainstorm a few ideas on how to complete it using a template made from the first 'launch' livery. Funnily enough, I only had the motivation to start work on it a few days ago, initially settling on a design with some attractive black and white pinstriping. However, this ended up being too similar to another livery I have been preparing for @El_Beardo's Aston vs Jaguar race this Sunday, so the patterns kept being tweaked until they began to remind me of the Excelr8 Hyundais currently racing in the BTCC. And that, in the end, was what gave me my finalised 'customer'.

The idea is that Excelr8, alongside their touring car and Mini Challenge programmes, becomes one of the first teams to field the Venator GT3 in British GT. Secondary sponsors were derived directly from the BTCC Hyundais; along with small sprinkles of 'Vulcan' branding, these were placed in such a way that they didn't detract too much from TripAdvisor's presence as title sponsor. Decals used included those shared by @daan, @graveltrap and @Adam Barber, to name a few. Probably not as ambitious of a design as my last two entries, but given how I fared in recent polls it felt a shame not to at least have a go.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Link (coming soon).​
So clean I could eat my dinner off it!!

FINAL ENTRY

Link.
Link added to main post. 👍

FINAL ENTRY
Made a few adjustments. The biggest change are the red stripes on the c-pillar on each side to complement the side mirrors, which also complement the red lines in the headlights and the red brake calipers. I also changed the temperature of the entry shots. They were a bit to warm.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Link (updated version).

Just spotted a tiny issue with my roof decals bleeding over into the rear quarters, so patched them up, replaced the second image and updated link to the latest version.

Good luck in the poll, everyone! 👍

Back