The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 63 (British Trip) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 73 comments
Intelligent Money is on everyone's windscreen.

White banner for the GT3 and black banner for the GT4. I didn't see the point in mentioning it as we can't put banners on the windscreen of these cars.

upload_2020-9-23_9-42-12.png

Firstly without this LEC I don't think I'd have ever considered a TripAdvisor livery on a car.

When looking at other entries and the new trip advisor logo I had an idea and used the NSX GT3 as my base car. Partially inspired by the old Vitaphone liveries as I felt the green was a similar enough colour to make a homage work. I followed the lines of the body and masked of the body colour of Nero Daytona with the green colour matched from the trip advisor logos.

For the logos I couldn't quite find exactly what I was looking for so quickly did some on inkscape and immediately shared them for use. As for the secondary sponsors I started with the mandatory BritishGT sponsors on the car and picked others that I felt suited the car overall.

Great theme this one as it really made me think what to do and forced me to use a sponsor I definitely wouldn't have used otherwise.

Link

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

LINK

Rather confusingly (with the travel industry currently hemorrhaging cash) Tripadvisor decides to enter the world of GT Racing as a primary sponsor. Since their advertising budget is next to nothing they can only afford to sponsor a lowly GT4 car, and even that was a huge stretch. That limited budget means the car will only receive the most basic of livery.

Definitely haven’t checked in for a while, but hopefully this weekend I can get something done :D. The theme is certainly something I can work with!

Given mine a quick update to include some the things @daan pointed out amongst some others.

- Driven Racing Fuels logo on the front splitter (Can't really see it with that angle though)
- Racing numbers changed to British GT standard number font
- More prominent Aston Martin Lipstick
- Changed Wing Mirror Logos from AMR to the Tripadvisor Owl.

Last edited:
As everyone is using the same main sponsor/colors, I figured I wanted to do something simple, kinda British GT-esque, but trying not to fall in mediocrity at the same time (hopefully I didn’t :D). Hence why I went with a 3D-like approach to the TripAdvisor logo and text, and also the vast majority of the other sponsors.

Also, I believe it’s worth mentioning that it’s inspired by the real Academy Motorsport Mustang that they are running this year, and that the arrow the lines form signifies the traveling spirit of the main sponsor.

Last edited:
I know I said the theme was weird but it's a fun one and it wasn't tricky to come up with a design.

I expected more entries than this. Any more to come?

I like these themes when the spectrum of possibiilties is narrower than usual if you know what I mean. This time I went again with the flow of the car. I chose a darker version of the tripadvisor color to play around a little bit. To make the font as big as possible and still fit the logo in there I merged them together. I think that looks quite cool. Hope you like it too.

Link to Livery

Last edited:
The year is 2021. Steller Motorsport was contacted at the end of 2020 by TripAdvisor about a primary sponsorship role for the upcoming season to hopefully generate more interest in travel since the end of the COVID-19 outbreak. Being that Steller has history running Audi R8's already, it was a no brainer to take their existing GT3 car and repaint it.

Back