The GT World Series; Season One! {Pre-season!}

  • Thread starter Thread starter Storm_SP17
  • 214 comments
  • 8,124 views

Which Tracks do you want to see in the Season Roster?

  • Spa - Belgium

    Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Sarthe - France

    Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Nurburg - Germany

    Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Monza - Italy

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Coté D'Azure - Monaco

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Madrid - Spain

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Eiger - Switzerland

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Fuji F - Japan

    Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Suzuka - Japan

    Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Tokyo R246 - Japan

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Motegi - Japan

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Daytona - USA

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Indianapolis - USA

    Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Laguna Seca - USA

    Votes: 8 50.0%

  • Total voters
    16
To be honest the time hasn't been set for either. Weekdays should always be qualifying though.

I was going to do weekday races too, but I'm waiting on people's thoughts and timeslots. I have cnd's timeslots at the moment. He's GMT-6, so take that into consideration. I'll quote the slots for you.



Monday is Seth's 90's LeMans series, and I work before it anyway. I COULD do Monday morning/afternoon.... once my sister is back at school.

For me, Tuesday afternoons (evening here in UK) depend on how early or late the afternoon part is, that's an option.

Wednesday/Thursday morning (Afternoon in UK) is an option. Might clash with my dinnertimes though (parents hate me not being at the table, it offends them)....

I'm fully booked Saturday. I literally get in as ITCC starts, then Rolex afterwards.


Hmmmmm..... this might be kinda awkward.

Of course my schedule will be pretty limited besides Monday once high school cranks back up. I am doing my high-school's cooperative education program which means that I get out at lunch time and go to my job for the rest of the day. That means until time changes my schedule will pretty much be slammed full except on Mondays. I could race early afternoon on Mondays.
 
I don't get the negativity, you'll see for yourself the compromise with a two compound gap. 'Drivers' series can be applied to any race series here on GTP. Just because hards to softs is in the order of 3 seconds per lap doesn't set this apart from anything else here. It's doable, sure. But if you want interest from all around, my suggestion was geared to that 1 step, if you want peoples opinions, like you said, you got mine. 'Heavy cars' is another thing I don't get. These cars are around 1350kg, that's about 2800-2900lbs. How is that heavy? Nascar is about 3500lbs. THAT'S heavy. Of course you do what you want, but in reality GT1 doesn't even exist. It's all but a name for the real life series. Like I said before, their GT3 cars, not GT1. Look on the home page of gtplanet, you'll see a GTR in GT3 from GTAcademy. They chose not to run in FIA 'GT1' for a reason, it's dead. You'll see what I mean about the BMW though.
 
I don't get the negativity, you'll see for yourself the compromise with a two compound gap. 'Drivers' series can be applied to any race series here on GTP. Just because hards to softs is in the order of 3 seconds per lap doesn't set this apart from anything else here. It's doable, sure. But if you want interest from all around, my suggestion was geared to that 1 step, if you want peoples opinions, like you said, you got mine. 'Heavy cars' is another thing I don't get. These cars are around 1350kg, that's about 2800-2900lbs. How is that heavy? Nascar is about 3500lbs. THAT'S heavy. Of course you do what you want, but in reality GT1 doesn't even exist. It's all but a name for the real life series. Like I said before, their GT3 cars, not GT1. Look on the home page of gtplanet, you'll see a GTR in GT3 from GTAcademy. They chose not to run in FIA 'GT1' for a reason, it's dead. You'll see what I mean about the BMW though.

I am not giving any negativity. I am voicing my opinion like you voiced yours. The soft/hard is different than what I have run before. It adds more strategy into the mix. I think we have enough interest already. We have 6 people officially involved assuming you are competing.
 
Sorry just seen the times, didn't notice them to start.
 
Seth, I'll take my chances... and beside, we have preseason for the intents and purposes of testing ideas. Also, my initial idea of bringing the interest of people I don't normally race with seems to be working out just fine. Although, from the looks of people's schedules, this'll be tough to organise.

Ill sign up for this series, are we allowed aero kits? Slagithor, Francois1689//Central, Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Aero kits are allowed. And corr, looking at your schedule I can't make any promises about if it'll fit into your schedule. I'm guessing from how you said weekdays, you do shift work that doesn't have fixed days you have off.

Okaaaaay, after a few minutes of thinking, how does Monday Qualifying sound?

To fit cnd, Slagithor, myself and mishima (hopefully) alone, I could start a qualifying lobby at around 2pm GMT/BST (be aware of the UK timezone) on Mondays. The lobby will be open for 45 minutes.

At 2pm GMT, North America can expect a start time of between 6am and 9am depending on timezone. GMT +7 sees the lobby opening at 9pm for Indonesia. I can shift the lobby up 1 hour to 3pm if need be, but chances are I'll be afk for most of it (school run).

Seth, I know your timezone is GMT-8, and I know it's probably an awkward time for you given you have a child. If you like, and if you can spare 10 mins in the morning, I am completely fine with you coming in, doing a few laps to get a time and then leaving. I ask that if you do, please PM me your time before you leave so I have it, and I ask that if I'm afk, could someone oversee his laps and PM aswell if they can make it?
 
Seth, I'll take my chances... and beside, we have preseason for the intents and purposes of testing ideas. Also, my initial idea of bringing the interest of people I don't normally race with seems to be working out just fine. Although, from the looks of people's schedules, this'll be tough to organise.


Aero kits are allowed. And corr, looking at your schedule I can't make any promises about if it'll fit into your schedule. I'm guessing from how you said weekdays, you do shift work that doesn't have fixed days you have off.

Okaaaaay, after a few minutes of thinking, how does Monday Qualifying sound?

To fit cnd, Slagithor, myself and mishima (hopefully) alone, I could start a qualifying lobby at around 2pm GMT/BST (be aware of the UK timezone) on Mondays. The lobby will be open for 45 minutes.

At 2pm GMT, North America can expect a start time of between 6am and 9am depending on timezone. GMT +7 sees the lobby opening at 9pm for Indonesia. I can shift the lobby up 1 hour to 3pm if need be, but chances are I'll be afk for most of it (school run).

Seth, I know your timezone is GMT-8, and I know it's probably an awkward time for you given you have a child. If you like, and if you can spare 10 mins in the morning, I am completely fine with you coming in, doing a few laps to get a time and then leaving. I ask that if you do, please PM me your time before you leave so I have it, and I ask that if I'm afk, could someone oversee his laps and PM aswell if they can make it?

I think the race day should be a Monday. That is my off day. In a few weeks, I will have high school from 7-12 GMT-6. The race could be anytime after that but before the 90s LM
 
Hmmmm. I work from 6:30pm til 10:30pm on Monday, get in just before 11pm, and that leaves me an hour free that I can run qualifying in before Seth's series starts. The race would be between an hour to an hour and a half, not including waiting for people and 1-lap grid organisation race. So, the race would need to be another day.
 
Ookay!

After much deliberating I have decided on a set day/time for qualifying and for the race.

Monday night Qualifying, 11pm UTC. Will last for 45 mins.
Thursday night Racing, 11pm UTC. Race will be at least an hour.
 
Yeah, sounds good for now
 
Okay nice one. I've update the OP with some of those who registered in the interest check thread.

Guys, I'm also going to put up a multiple choice poll for what tracks you guys want to see in the season ahead.
 
Okay. Xstylez--X is your teammate? He's a good guy. We're the closest rivals in 125cc class in karts. ;)
 
Seems that way for the moment. Might remove myself though, and decide later on.
 
Seems that way for the moment. Might remove myself though, and decide later on.

Could we possibly test sometime tomorrow?
 
Yep, I'll open a lobby for tonight.
 
Well, damn. Looks like the lobby will be on Monday.
 
Are we starting the preseason this Monday?
 
We will. Testing is over! Preseason begins now!
Thankfully I don't have work, so I can have the lobby up AND on time. I'm just hoping the other guys in here can make it too.
 
What is UTC time? I haven't a clue how that translates to my time zone.
 
UTC time is GMT.
 
SO, no changes to the weight of the Aston Martin? ;) That or the Lamborghini/Ferrari would be the car(s) I'd like to run.
 
I suppose 1370 kg isn't a massive deal.
 
I'm signing up officially for the 458! freshseth83/freshseth83/FERRARI 458/pacific GMT -8
 
Can you remind us, when is the race? And, are there new changes to the SLS AMG specs? I'm thinking my normal Maziora Matterhorn (white) will look great here, too. It's the same colour as my Continental Tire car; it's a nice colour, and it fits almost any car. Will consider running a different colour for rims/"sponsors."
 
Can you remind us, when is the race? And, are there new changes to the SLS AMG specs? I'm thinking my normal Maziora Matterhorn (white) will look great here, too. It's the same colour as my Continental Tire car; it's a nice colour, and it fits almost any car. Will consider running a different colour for rims/"sponsors."

I will more than likely put black exterior/blue rims like basically all my other cars I have in GT5 that you can paint, but I can go white/blue for this series.
 
I will more than likely put black exterior/blue rims like basically all my other cars I have in GT5 that you can paint, but I can go white/blue for this series.

Done. I'll run white/blue; you can run your black and blue. We'll decide on the shade of blue later.
 
Done. I'll run white/blue; you can run your black and blue. We'll decide on the shade of blue later.

We could mix it up. You run white/blue and I run blue/white. Of course we need to decide on a blue 👍
 
We could mix it up. You run white/blue and I run blue/white. Of course we need to decide on a blue 👍

Naw, I like the white/blue idea. In fact, in sunlight, Maziora Matterhorn is actually a colour change colour; from white to blue.
 
We have to run the colors of our teammate? I don't even know what colors he wants. I was thinking matt white (from the Aventador) or it's name bianco canopus with black wheels.
 
Naw, I like the white/blue idea. In fact, in sunlight, Maziora Matterhorn is actually a colour change colour; from white to blue.

Let's do the Maziora Matterhorn/blue rims. Do we want to have the same rims?

We have to run the colors of our teammate? I don't even know what colors he wants. I was thinking matt white (from the Aventador) or it's name bianco canopus with black wheels.

I don't think it is mandatory to have the exact same colors for people running the same car/teammates. White/Black looks good 99.99% of the time on just about any car. 👍
 
Back