The GT World Series; Season One! {Pre-season!}

  • Thread starter Thread starter Storm_SP17
  • 214 comments
  • 8,125 views

Which Tracks do you want to see in the Season Roster?

  • Spa - Belgium

    Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Sarthe - France

    Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Nurburg - Germany

    Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Monza - Italy

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Coté D'Azure - Monaco

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Madrid - Spain

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Eiger - Switzerland

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Fuji F - Japan

    Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Suzuka - Japan

    Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Tokyo R246 - Japan

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Motegi - Japan

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Daytona - USA

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Indianapolis - USA

    Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Laguna Seca - USA

    Votes: 8 50.0%

  • Total voters
    16
Doesn't look good. Therefore, doesn't look good in white/black.

Maziora Matterhorn comes on the 86GT G-Sports...
 
Doesn't look good. Therefore, doesn't look good in white/black.

Maziora Matterhorn comes on the 86GT G-Sports...

I will get on properly outfitting my SLS with a fresh coat of paint. Shall we lobby up and decide what rims and what blue?
 
I will get on properly outfitting my SLS with a fresh coat of paint. Shall we lobby up and decide what rims and what blue?

Yes. Let me set it up.
 
I'm signing up officially for the 458! freshseth83/freshseth83/FERRARI 458/pacific GMT -8
Something tells me that this car will be pretty quick. I know it is anyway, but if you're picking it I'll need to keep a close eye on it. ;)

Can you remind us, when is the race? And, are there new changes to the SLS AMG specs? I'm thinking my normal Maziora Matterhorn (white) will look great here, too. It's the same colour as my Continental Tire car; it's a nice colour, and it fits almost any car. Will consider running a different colour for rims/"sponsors."
races are Thursday, qualifying is Monday night.

No changes to the specs as of yet to any of the cars. Since not a lot of feedback was given in testing aside from myself and Seth testing around Indy on evening, I've decided to start pre-season. If there's to be any changes, they'll be done during pre-season.

We have to run the colors of our teammate? I don't even know what colors he wants. I was thinking matt white (from the Aventador) or it's name bianco canopus with black wheels.
Only if you want to; team colours won't be a necessity.
 
Something tells me that this car will be pretty quick. I know it is anyway, but if you're picking it I'll need to keep a close eye on it. ;)


races are Thursday, qualifying is Monday night.

No changes to the specs as of yet to any of the cars. Since not a lot of feedback was given in testing aside from myself and Seth testing around Indy on evening, I've decided to start pre-season. If there's to be any changes, they'll be done during pre-season.


Only if you want to; team colours won't be a necessity.
The SLS is faster IMO, but it's taken. The Ferrari is easy to drive, I'd try the Lambo but it's a little slower. And the Aston is fast but not nimble enough for the tracks you've selected.
 
You want feedback, Storm? Try this; these cars run Rolex lap times on the tracks I've tested.

We got 1:42s at Tokyo, etc. in the SLS AMG. cnd without downforce, me with ALL OF THE DOWNFORCE. :lol: We really run different setups.
 
You want feedback, Storm? Try this; these cars run Rolex lap times on the tracks I've tested.

We got 1:42s at Tokyo, etc. in the SLS AMG. cnd without downforce, me with ALL OF THE DOWNFORCE. :lol: We really run different setups.

Granted we were running racing softs. I had no performance upgrades with the stock tune just like the OP said. The car at 495/1340 was faster than the car at manufacturer stock specs with the same tires. Maybe it was me though. Mel had a wing and a lot of downforce, but he was considerably slower.
 
I had all the parts off at first, ran fastest lap. Then, I put all of the parts on, and limited it, just to see, was slower.
 
I think I did my testing at SSR5 (B-Spec on Hards) and Madrid (A-Spec on softs). SSR5 with B-Spec on hards and the cars were all around the 1:31's. The SLS and Audi were the fastest and were in the 1:30's. At my testing around Madrid the SLS again was the fastest, the Ferrari was close as was the Gallardo. The Z4 was the slowest around 2 to 3 seconds behind.

EDIT: from the interest checks thread...
Did a little bit of testing around Madrid, the SLS does mid to low 1:21's, the BMW does mid 1:23's and the same for the Lamborghini. (ACTUALLY slightly faster with high 22's) The SLS seems to use tires a little more than the Lamborghini though. The BMW is easier to the tires as well. The Ferrari was in the mid 1:22's and it stayed consistent on it's tires. I think the SLS is good, fastest probably but uses tires a bit more. But if you can gap the field with it you might make up for it.
 
Last edited:
Well, sometimes it doesn't pay to install all the parts. The torque band becomes too steep where you need it, and the car struggles to get to top speed.

Guys, this week's qualifying and race will be at Deep Forest Raceway. Tyres will be restricted to Racing Hards for qualifying. 11pm GMT +1 tonight, possibly earlier due to me not being at work.

Also, seems as though Spa, Sarthe, Madrid and Fuji F have the most votes. Sarthe, Madrid and Fuji F are added for definite, though the order might be changed. I've put Spa in, so as long as most of the competitors have the DLC, it'll stay there. What to add, what to add....?

Nurburgring, Tokyo, Monaco and all three US tracks have 5 votes.

Suzuka, Eiger and Monza have 4.

Motegi has 3.
 
Last edited:
When does the poll close? I realized, yesterday, that I have 30 ITCC votes for 276 hp. :scared: Results seem slightly skewered. :(

Anyways, Deep Forest for first preseason race? :nervous: Good luck...
 
LOL the poll doesn't close. I can't change it now either... otherwise I would end it for a week before the season starts.

What's wrong with Deep Forest? Apart from that obvious corner.
 
We can tune for this qualy right? I haven't yet, so I am curious.
 
Yeah, tuning is allowed.
 
I'll be testing later on, before I set up my room for the 90s LM race tonight.
 
Any chance you can be on soon? I'm about to host in my lounge. Gonna squeeze in quali and a race.
 
Any chance you can be on soon? I'm about to host in my lounge. Gonna squeeze in quali and a race.

Derp. Might join; might drag Whisky, if he fixes the computer.

Also, turns out, it's quite motivating to give $25 to Whisky.
 
We racing this tonight or no?
 
I am ready for tonight's race. I have the SLS hooked up. Too bad tire wear is atrocious. :nervous:
 
Crap. I completely forgot about this. No practice at all.
 
What track we racing? And what time? I'll have to push back Supertouring if it conflicts.
 
What track we racing? And what time? I'll have to push back Supertouring if it conflicts.

We qualified on Monday at Deep Forest. That's where I have been practicing. Storm said it starts at 11:00 BST I think.
 
So 3pm pacific time, and I guess I'll start at the rear.
 
There's just under two hours til lobby opens, guys.

Remember the 1-lapper procedure aswell peeps, it's on the OP if you've forgotten.
 
There's just under two hours til lobby opens, guys.

Remember the 1-lapper procedure aswell peeps, it's on the OP if you've forgotten.

Could you perhaps start the 1 lapper right at 5? I have to be somewhere at 6:15 p.m. my time which is 12:15 BST.

Since this is the preseason, could you possibly run a shorter race?
 
My internet is out so I probably will be late if I can even get online.
 
I will be running shorter races, and as I figured that there aren't that many people showing up from what I can see, We'll just do the lining up for the formation. I'll leave the one lapper for the season/more attendance.

Room Up! 1472-6118-3658-4756-7878

31 laps tonight.
 
Back