The GT World Series; Season One! {Pre-season!}

  • Thread starter Thread starter Storm_SP17
  • 214 comments
  • 8,124 views

Which Tracks do you want to see in the Season Roster?

  • Spa - Belgium

    Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Sarthe - France

    Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Nurburg - Germany

    Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Monza - Italy

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Coté D'Azure - Monaco

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Madrid - Spain

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Eiger - Switzerland

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Fuji F - Japan

    Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Suzuka - Japan

    Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Tokyo R246 - Japan

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Motegi - Japan

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Daytona - USA

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Indianapolis - USA

    Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Laguna Seca - USA

    Votes: 8 50.0%

  • Total voters
    16
GTP Name xStretch- - PSN StretchY- // Timezone GMT
Car Choice: Ferrari 458

I'm really up for trying out competitive racing in these cars

I've only really raced Gt500s
 
Wow I think that was a weird race. I have to make an extra pit stop because I spun and completely damaged the car, but I still won by over a minute :confused: I think part of it was the car, but most of it was my tune. Storm was a full second a lap slower than me with the same spec. I ran a 1.14.4 with the OP spec, and a 1.14.8 during the race running -30 horsepower. I could run a 1.14.2 without GT Auto Aero. Whatever you decide to do, don't add any weight to me.
 
I ran a 1:14 flat with the Ferrari on softs and followed it up with 1:14s and 1:15s for a good 7 laps when I practiced. With Hards I was on the 1:16's to 1:18's for 15 laps. All of this was without the car fully broken in so I think I would be able to go faster. The Ferrari is consistent but not the fastest. I ran in the mid 1:13's with the SLS in practice. Too bad my Cable was out for the entire afternoon.
 
Some horrible stuff came up, Storm. :( Sorry. Can we also get reminders?
 
I ran a 1:14 flat with the Ferrari on softs and followed it up with 1:14s and 1:15s for a good 7 laps when I practiced. With Hards I was on the 1:16's to 1:18's for 15 laps. All of this was without the car fully broken in so I think I would be able to go faster. The Ferrari is consistent but not the fastest. I ran in the mid 1:13's with the SLS in practice. Too bad my Cable was out for the entire afternoon.

I ran a 1.12.7 on softs then the next 3 in the 1.13s in the race. I qualified 1.14.4 with OP spec on hards. I wasn't cutting on the concrete part going into the tunnel turn either. I also was running 30 horsepower less than the OP spec when I ran the 1.12.7.
 
Last edited:
Wow I think that was a weird race. I have to make an extra pit stop because I spun and completely damaged the car, but I still won by over a minute :confused: I think part of it was the car, but most of it was my tune. Storm was a full second a lap slower than me with the same spec. I ran a 1.14.4 with the OP spec, and a 1.14.8 during the race running -30 horsepower. I could run a 1.14.2 without GT Auto Aero. Whatever you decide to do, don't add any weight to me.

I ran a 1.12.7 on softs then the next 3 in the 1.13s in the race. I qualified 1.14.4 with OP spec on hards. I wasn't cutting on the concrete part going into the tunnel turn either. I also was running 30 horsepower less than the OP spec when I ran the 1.12.7.


Thats nice, just more confirmation the SLS is overpowered. Like I said before without any tune it was 2 seconds faster than any other car, brand new limited to the specs here. It should run 460hp IMO, and other cars could get a 10-20hp bump. Funny you say you ran 1:12s, but above you said 1:14s, so which one is it?
 
Last edited:
Thats nice, just more confirmation the SLS is overpowered.

My understanding is that Storm hasn't officially decided on the full season's specs, and that he's still considering new specs. Specifically, I've heard from a third party source, that the SLS AMG will be "nerfed." Whether that's speculation or not, I don't know, but, my sources said that Storm stated an intention to further de-tune the SLS AMG.
 
It just needs to run around 450-460hp. Everything else is fine as long as other cars can catch up, that being running a little more power. The SLS is just a great car in this game.
 
Woah, I just compared it to the other specs, for the other cars... Wow. I don't think that either the Aston Martin, nor the SLS AMG really need that much of an advantage. I haven't run my Aston Martin V12 Vantage with downforce, but, after the Conti Tire series, I know that it's a good car.
 
On fast tracks its great, not so much on tighter circuits.
 
The thing I noticed with the car is that somehow its power and torque make it extremely quick, and to be honest its cornering is immense also. I ran one clean lap with the SLS; a 1:15.6 on Hards with 494 bhp. Could be quicker. 460 bhp should be enough, but cnd's tune was extreme. I knew it was a combination of the two.

The BMW was running into the 1:17's and 1:18's. The car's setup was very slippy on hards, mind... so a bit of tweaking is needed for it.

After tonight though.... You guys need to be careful with heavy damage on. Very careful. I liked the damage being heavy, but get some practice with it on, methinks. I lost 2nd to Damu because I lost the car's back end out of the final corner, and HAD to pit coz of damage. I think the other's involved in the race found this out too.
 
Heavy damage fits me well. I'm used to running midnight at Nürburgring, 100% damp track, against AI, with full damage. Again, I really REALLY REALLY need to get into VLN someday.
 
Wow I think that was a weird race. I have to make an extra pit stop because I spun and completely damaged the car, but I still won by over a minute :confused: I think part of it was the car, but most of it was my tune. Storm was a full second a lap slower than me with the same spec. I ran a 1.14.4 with the OP spec, and a 1.14.8 during the race running -30 horsepower. I could run a 1.14.2 without GT Auto Aero. Whatever you decide to do, don't add any weight to me.

Well, Storm dented my rear right suspension on lap 1. That made me lose control as I didn't read anything for this and just turned up. Then I hit Shin round last corner because of loss of control, so yeah that pit stop was handed to you early on.

On hards, I managed a 1:16.8 before the last 5/6 laps, which i ran with damage to avoid being lapped :D. Bearing in mind I just turned up, not too shabby :sly:
 
Heavy damage, been a while since I ran a series with that. Not much difference as long as you stay clear of incidents with others.
 
Heavy damage, been a while since I ran a series with that. Not much difference as long as you stay clear of incidents with others.

Unfortunately, that comes from behind as well as in front. :ouch:
 
Heavy damage fits me well. I'm used to running midnight at Nürburgring, 100% damp track, against AI, with full damage. Again, I really REALLY REALLY need to get into VLN someday.

I have a Austrian friend who races in the VLN, you might know him "GTP_Chris". Such a quallity guy and also fun to race with on GT5.

Also Tez just incase you missed my post I am really up for racing in this championship, I posted my car choice in the page before.

If the racing is good here I might stick a few of the races on youtube with cometary
 
Depending on how the cars get redone, I might try out some other car besides the Ferrari.
 
Thats nice, just more confirmation the SLS is overpowered. Like I said before without any tune it was 2 seconds faster than any other car, brand new limited to the specs here. It should run 460hp IMO, and other cars could get a 10-20hp bump. Funny you say you ran 1:12s, but above you said 1:14s, so which one is it?

We run a 2 tire compound rule here: hards and softs :dunce:

It just needs to run around 450-460hp. Everything else is fine as long as other cars can catch up, that being running a little more power. The SLS is just a great car in this game.

I ran a 1.14.8 with 460 bhp on hards in the race. I ran a 1.12.7 on softs in the race with 460 bhp. It's the tune guys. Trust me, next week when I get 440 bhp and run 1 second slower than everyone else, I will be very outspoken about it.
 
Going to test the ferrari later, anyone got a tune?

Never tuned a road car before
 
It's not the tune, anyone can run times like that, all they have to do is get the car broken in and run it around a bit to get used to it. The SLS is fast. You didn't say what tires you set times on. You said in one post you did 1:14's, then another post you said 1:12's. You could be more clear on what tires were used instead of acting like you explained everything.
 
Seth, cnd was doing 1:14's on hard tyres. I was a second behind in the same car when I tested it, and I literally just flopped on a 2-second tune. On Hards. I know he was on hards because I was looking at his info while he was on track.

I have to agree that the Mercedes SLS is pretty damn quick on GT5.

New Specs:

Mercedes SLS - 460 bhp / 1340 kg.
 
I ran a 1.12.7 on softs then the next 3 in the 1.13s in the race. I qualified 1.14.4 with OP spec on hards. I wasn't cutting on the concrete part going into the tunnel turn either. I also was running 30 horsepower less than the OP spec when I ran the 1.12.7.

It's not the tune, anyone can run times like that, all they have to do is get the car broken in and run it around a bit to get used to it. The SLS is fast. You didn't say what tires you set times on. You said in one post you did 1:14's, then another post you said 1:12's. You could be more clear on what tires were used instead of acting like you explained everything.

IT'S THE TUNE GUYS A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. It was like Seth at Nurb in the Rolex race. He just had it that week. I said which tires I ran right here. ^^ I was testing 1.11s with no GT Auto aero on softs at Deep Forest. I'm acting like I explained everything because I explained.

@Storm: I will miss qualifying next week because of work :(
 
Last edited:
I find it hard to believe the SLS is a lot faster than the others.
 
IT'S THE TUNE GUYS A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. It was like Seth at Nurb in the Rolex race. He just had it that week. I said which tires I ran right here. ^^ I was testing 1.11s with no GT Auto aero on softs at Deep Forest. I'm acting like I explained everything because I explained.

@Storm: I will miss qualifying next week because of work :(

Your first post said 1:14s, but you didn't say what tires, just the times. Then you said 1:12s on softs. That's why I asked WHICH ONE IS IT? As in which tires? Maybe you didn't get that.
 
Seth, cnd was doing 1:14's on hard tyres. I was a second behind in the same car when I tested it, and I literally just flopped on a 2-second tune. On Hards. I know he was on hards because I was looking at his info while he was on track.

I have to agree that the Mercedes SLS is pretty damn quick on GT5.

New Specs:

Mercedes SLS - 460 bhp / 1340 kg.
THE ONE MINUTE AND FORTEENS WERE ON HARD TYRES, I WAS CHECKING THE WHOLE TIME.

There, we all clear now? :)
 
I got it last time around. I asked why he had two times up there. He didn't say 'HARD TIRES' in the first post with the 1:14s, that's what I was getting at.
 
I'm really considering never running in another non-spec series again. Persuade me. Tell me that the specs will be even. Tell me, that when I win, it won't be because of the specs being in my favour, and that when I lose, it's not because I'm in the slow duckling Honda Civic Type R, NOR the Mazda RX-8. How do you plan on making sure that the specs are even? How can we avoid an R8 Season I, or a Bankfin Subaru??

(Yes, Seth, the Bankfin Subaru is QUITE fast, much faster than the other Bankfin cars)
 
I'm really considering never running in another non-spec series again. Persuade me. Tell me that the specs will be even. Tell me, that when I win, it won't be because of the specs being in my favour, and that when I lose, it's not because I'm in the slow duckling Honda Civic Type R, NOR the Mazda RX-8. How do you plan on making sure that the specs are even? How can we avoid an R8 Season I, or a Bankfin Subaru??

(Yes, Seth, the Bankfin Subaru is QUITE fast, much faster than the other Bankfin cars)

I think the SLS is favorable spec at 460/1430. I can really get that car to work. Trust me, don't quit now. :( I need a teammate :scared:
 
I'm really considering never running in another non-spec series again. Persuade me. Tell me that the specs will be even. Tell me, that when I win, it won't be because of the specs being in my favour, and that when I lose, it's not because I'm in the slow duckling Honda Civic Type R, NOR the Mazda RX-8. How do you plan on making sure that the specs are even? How can we avoid an R8 Season I, or a Bankfin Subaru??

(Yes, Seth, the Bankfin Subaru is QUITE fast, much faster than the other Bankfin cars)

It is fast, but the S15 is faster! At least in my hands, I was a half second faster at every track. I didn't run it because it was taken!
 
It is fast, but the S15 is faster! At least in my hands, I was a half second faster at every track. I didn't run it because it was taken!

Take that to PM please. Storm doesn't want this garbage on his thread.
 
Back