The GT World Series; Season One! {Pre-season!}

  • Thread starter Thread starter Storm_SP17
  • 214 comments
  • 8,125 views

Which Tracks do you want to see in the Season Roster?

  • Spa - Belgium

    Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Sarthe - France

    Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Nurburg - Germany

    Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Monza - Italy

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Coté D'Azure - Monaco

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Madrid - Spain

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Eiger - Switzerland

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Fuji F - Japan

    Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Suzuka - Japan

    Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Tokyo R246 - Japan

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Motegi - Japan

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Daytona - USA

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Indianapolis - USA

    Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Laguna Seca - USA

    Votes: 8 50.0%

  • Total voters
    16
The room was likely laggy. I went to open a room outside my lobby and found my NAT Type and bandwidth were Type 3 and Unknown. I did contemplate asking one of you to host, but I figured I'd use my lobby instead.

I could have gotten more out of my tyres, I just kept shredding them on those middle two corners. I easily could've done one stop, and in practice the car's poise was fine, but alas... more lobby practice is needed methinks.

Seth, I know that the McLaren and the Ferrari are pretty close to each other in terms of weight distribution, any chance you could throw me a tune I could try out?
 
I haven't driven the McLaren, but if it's anything like the Ferrari I'll see if my 458 tune works for it.
 
IMO stay away from the McLaren. I tried it after the preseason race at DF, and I was just as slow as the Z4 with worse tire wear. If you can make the McLaren fast then all the props to you.
 
I think it could use 450hp. But I use turbo stg 3 for it. Give the power up high.
 
I think it could use 450hp. But I use turbo stg 3 for it. Give the power up high.

I was actually faster w/out the stage 3 turbo. It was better on tires too to not have the turbo on that car. It has way to much wheelspin with the turbo IMO. Makes it harder to drive.
 
I don't think so. With turbo 3 the power range is up high, not down low. It has a lot of torque, that's what spins the tires. I don't use the engine upgrades but just exhaust and stg 3 turbo.
 
Did you guys qualify yesterday?
 
Qualifying was (supposedly) yesterday, I didn't see anyone online though.
 
Yeah sorry about that guys. I lost track of time elsewhere, and when I was ready to open the lobby I was aware that Seth's series had started. It ended up being a Rolex lobby practice for team SunsetShift/Dodge at Laguna, between playing some Guild Wars 2. Oops....

Thursday I will allow for a 20 minute quali and a 23 lap race at Daytona thereafter. Sound good?
 
Yeah sorry about that guys. I lost track of time elsewhere, and when I was ready to open the lobby I was aware that Seth's series had started. It ended up being a Rolex lobby practice for team SunsetShift/Dodge at Laguna, between playing some Guild Wars 2. Oops....

Thursday I will allow for a 20 minute quali and a 23 lap race at Daytona thereafter. Sound good?

Alrighty then. 👍 I should be there.
 
Sure. Thursday works. I'm trying to get people involved in my GT-Open as well. Kinda low on the number front.
 
Sure. Thursday works. I'm trying to get people involved in my GT-Open as well. Kinda low on the number front.
Heh, I can relate. How many so far?
 
It ended up being a Rolex lobby practice for team SunsetShift/Dodge at Laguna, between playing some Guild Wars 2. Oops....

Nothing to do with me or my avatar :dopey:

Though Storm should have remembered :dunce:, good thing it's still preseason.
 
Are we starting soon?
 
20 mins til the room opens.
 
I'm ready. Were at a fast track, we'll definitely see the higher powered cars advantage (if there is one).
 
Room Up.

1472-6399-9009-5381-9954
 
Slim crowd today :(. I had fun. I got pushed off the track by Seth with about 3 to go, but I am going to chalk that one up to lag because I started seeing lag on lap 2. I'm sure both Storm and Seth were seeing the same thing. No sweat there. If you want to keep nerfing the sls then go ahead. I will just keep tuning to see if I can still win. I guess when I can't tune or drive fast enough to win is when the complaining stops.
 
I had a sudden spin on the 2nd last lap for some reason. Don't know why you spun cnd. To me it looked like you outbraked me then you were beside me then you were gone.
 
I had a sudden spin on the 2nd last lap for some reason. Don't know why you spun cnd. To me it looked like you outbraked me then you were beside me then you were gone.

I was hit on my screen. You gave me plenty of room. I had you outbroke, but all of the sudden I get hit in the door. It isn't by any means your fault Seth. 👍
 
With respect, I believe that I've finally found employment. Problem is, it's a time conflict. Enjoy your DDs etc, damu!
 
Right guys, based on the litte after race testing I did with Seth, I can safely say that the McLaren is definitely off the pace with the specs it has. Seth tried the McLaren out at 450 bhp / 1250 kg for me and got 1:47.2 on softs.... With 440 bhp / 1260 kg I got 1:47.5 (+ or - 0.1s) in the race on softs. I thought it might be the tune, but it seems unlikely now, especiallt with the Ford GT with 460 / 1280 can potentially hit high 1:46's, assuming I'm not the best in this car (1:47.4 without a proper "tune").

The BMW, unfortunately, I'll be outing. Its at the limit of its performance even now, and its clearly the slowest. Might consider Nissan 370z as a FR replacement.

I've been looking more at the site, and as follows, from their specs:

GT1 Site
Aston - 500 bhp & 1300 kg
Mercedes ~ 500 bhp & 1340 kg
Ferrari ~ 550 CV (542 bhp) & 1215 kg
McLaren ~ 500 PS (493 bhp) & 1240 kg
Ford ~ 550 bhp & 1160 kg
Audi ~ 365-412 kW (490-552 bhp) & 1295 kg
BMW ~ 500 bhp & 1190 kg
Lambo ~ 535 bhp & 1238 kg

As you can see; massive differences.

At 535bhp & 1240kg, the Lambo does 1:46.8 on Hards. Thus far there's no real transmission tune on it, so it could be better.

Ferrari easily hit 1:45.1 at 542 bhp and 1250 kg on Hards. The weight is fine, but power needs serious cutting. Also, no real transmission setup on this either.

493 bhp & 1240 kg gives the McLaren a best of 1:47.8, with no real transmission setup for it. Though a better time can be obtained, I found myself having to work for it instead of being able to easily pump two laps and leave it there. I'm not feeling very comfortable in it.

I'll test the rest later.
 
Last edited:
Of course, we all started on hard tires when we raced. Then we pit and went to softs. With the lower fuel we saw some optimum lap times. But nothing out of this world. I did a 1:45xx with the Aston with about 2/3 a tank, the times dropped after that, 1:46xx 1:47xx 1:48xx until the end of the race where it wasn't driveable.
 
Of course, we all started on hard tires when we raced. Then we pit and went to softs. With the lower fuel we saw some optimum lap times. But nothing out of this world. I did a 1:45xx with the Aston with about 2/3 a tank, the times dropped after that, 1:46xx 1:47xx 1:48xx until the end of the race where it wasn't driveable.

I was slightly faster, but my times were skewed because I was in the draft for most of the last run except the last 2 laps.
 
I been thinking, and unfortunately, I'm gonna pull the plug on this.

As it stands there's only 3-4 people active, and in the weeks it's been up, there hasn't been a single shred of interest since I announced the current timeslot.

I feel bad for you guys given the effort you've put in to testing and whatnot, but I think this is gonna be a bit of a waste. Thanks for your contributions and attendance, it's been appreciated.
 
I been thinking, and unfortunately, I'm gonna pull the plug on this.

As it stands there's only 3-4 people active, and in the weeks it's been up, there hasn't been a single shred of interest since I announced the current timeslot.

I feel bad for you guys given the effort you've put in to testing and whatnot, but I think this is gonna be a bit of a waste. Thanks for your contributions and attendance, it's been appreciated.

:( I was really liking the series. It was good fun.
 
Storm, you did well, for what I think (?) was your first try to create a good series. :) I just don't think that the schedule, or heavy damage was a selling feature to many people.


I guess, with lag, internet bugs, and new, unknown people, it's hard to really set up a series with heavy damage. The only other series I know of, right now, that uses heavy damage, is the WRC series by rallymorten; without threat of contact between two cars damaging someone's run (because cars are timed on a stage, not racing door-to-door.)


You saw what happened with cnd & me at Eiger Nordwand, right? I started on the harder compound, so cnd was a bit faster, and bumped me under braking - it wasn't anyone's fault, but, I hit a wall, and had to pit for a third time, in less than ten laps, because of the incredible damage (I didn't hit a wall, it was all from lag/being bumped in the rear.)
 
Too bad, I had the Ferrari good to go!
 
It was my second attempt, but the first one to make it past the thought processing stage. Again, I'm sorry guys.
 
I might consider taking this series for myself if you don't have any issues with it. I don't want this one to die.
 
Back