The GT World Series; Season One! {Pre-season!}

  • Thread starter Thread starter Storm_SP17
  • 214 comments
  • 8,125 views

Which Tracks do you want to see in the Season Roster?

  • Spa - Belgium

    Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Sarthe - France

    Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Nurburg - Germany

    Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Monza - Italy

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Coté D'Azure - Monaco

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Madrid - Spain

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Eiger - Switzerland

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Fuji F - Japan

    Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Suzuka - Japan

    Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Tokyo R246 - Japan

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Motegi - Japan

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Daytona - USA

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Indianapolis - USA

    Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Laguna Seca - USA

    Votes: 8 50.0%

  • Total voters
    16
It's not garbage. Its the truth. I'm giving my opinion.
 
Fair enough guys, but... discuss this in the relevent thread? Yeah? Cheers. :)
 
Where are we racing Thursday?
 
Finalized the season Roster.

Next event is at Eiger Nordwand.
 
No Madrid?? (Excuse this, must shoot myself) LIFE'S OVER!!!

Less dramatic version; "Well, that sucks. I like Madrid."
 
I got it last time around. I asked why he had two times up there. He didn't say 'HARD TIRES' in the first post with the 1:14s, that's what I was getting at.
If you got it last time around, then why didn't the discussion end there? Doesn't make sense.

I'm really considering never running in another non-spec series again. Persuade me. Tell me that the specs will be even. Tell me, that when I win, it won't be because of the specs being in my favour, and that when I lose, it's not because I'm in the slow duckling Honda Civic Type R, NOR the Mazda RX-8. How do you plan on making sure that the specs are even? How can we avoid an R8 Season I, or a Bankfin Subaru??
I suck at persuasion.

No Madrid?? (Excuse this, must shoot myself) LIFE'S OVER!!!

Less dramatic version; "Well, that sucks. I like Madrid."
Basing it off the current poll totals. It got to a stage where there were 8 clear choices. May include a ninth, and it may be Madrid.
 
If you got it last time around, then why didn't the discussion end there? Doesn't make sense.
Who's continuing it, you? cnd replied to my comment, I explained myself. Is that not ok with you?

Eiger looks fun, not a very wide track though. Will be only a couple places to overtake.
 
Who's continuing it, you? cnd replied to my comment, I explained myself. Is that not ok with you?
No its not. If you're aware of something but continue to persist to ask the same question or argue that very point that's been clarified, your posts become redundant thereafter.
 
Who's continuing it, you? cnd replied to my comment, I explained myself. Is that not ok with you?

Eiger looks fun, not a very wide track though. Will be only a couple places to overtake.

You are continuing it by claiming to not be continuing it. :ouch:
 
You are continuing it by claiming to not be continuing it. :ouch:

:lol: This is too funny. I'm not even trying to start an argument by irritating anyone... It just... it's too funny. It's so true, it's funny.
 
I wonder how these cars will work on that track...hmmm
 
Braking downhill needs to be spot on. Otherwise, goodbye race.
 
Braking downhill needs to be spot on. Otherwise, goodbye race.

Or, as I'm such a fan of, early. Never brake late, that causes chaos. So, everyone, please remember: in the GTP OLRs, it says that the following driver must avoid contact. I'm telling you (politely) that I will brake earlier. Don't run me over please. Thanks & :cheers:
 
You are continuing it by claiming to not be continuing it. :ouch:

I only explained myself. I said that I asked "which was it", (referring to what times you were setting on a type of tire) you didn't get what I meant obviously (saying which is it). In your first post you said 1:14s but not which tire. Then said 1:12s on softs on another post. I didn't get 1:14s on Hards until another post. No criticizing was happening. I just asked a question. If you would have said Hards in that first post with the times, I would have understood you. I said you didn't explain it fully and that's what I meant (the tires). I'm just trying to make things clear on what I meant, not argue.

So I'm asking, are we qualifying on hard tires or we allowed to use softs?
 
Qualifying CAN be on softs. I might impliment a starting tyre rule for the next race though, where if you run your time in softs, you essentially start on softs for the start of the race.

I know you asked a question, and I answered it in cnd's stead because I was first to see it. You still contiued to ask the question as if it hadn't been answered, then admitted you had seen the answer the first time around after I posted it for a second time.

Anyway, enough. Too many pointless arguments are being carried on.

Lobby for qualifying will be up at the usual time. If you do not remember, it's on the OP.
 
Braking downhill needs to be spot on. Otherwise, goodbye race.

We have ABS so it won't be a problem.

Overtaking will be hard
 
We have ABS so it won't be a problem.

Overtaking will be hard

I haven't driven Eiger in forever, so it shouldn't be any problem passing me because 1: I won't be at qualifying and 2 I will be all over the place. :dopey:
 
So 5pm eastern time? I'd like to know for sure.
 
So 5pm eastern time? I'd like to know for sure.

Either 5 or 6 p.m. eastern. I think Storm will post when it is open.
 
2300 UTC, and my signature has a link to an UTC clock in it.
 
I wonder why were doing Eiger when it's voted the least (along with Motegi which I voted for). Is it Storms decision or what? Looks like I'll make this qualifying just before starting up 90s LM.
 
The voting poll was for the season itself. Now I've finalised it, I will use some of the tracks that weren't drafted for the season roster, since they have the least votes.

Make sense now?
 
IMO, not really. :sly: You don't gotta explain yourself. I was going by the assumption the lead voted tracks were the ones being used. Doesn't bother me in any way regardless.
 
Look at the top 8. Eiger's not one of them. Its clear enough. This isn't the normal season. This is pre-season. It works the other way around for pre-season.
 
Room is up.

1472-6118-3830-2742-6764
 
Qualifying results:

1) Seth - 1:04.3 RH
2) anirishnirvana - 1:05.3 RH
3) Storm - 1:05.7 RH
 
This track is decent, turn-in and corner exit are the biggest factors here IMO. I had my car setup pretty good for corner exits, the Ferrari isn't the fastest on the straights, but the way it comes out of corners is great.
 
I don't know why, but the McLaren was all too tail happy on the throttle through the end of the downward spiral and through the next section. Even feathering it was a pain. Given that the McLaren and Ferrari were using similar specs, I wasn't expecting such a big gap in the times.

Bah, it's probably my tune that's bad.
 
Back