The GT5/FM3 thread of GTP livery experiment!

• Thread starter alba
  • 183 comments
Jordan, I'll have to say that even with the plastic MS FFB wheel, the driving in Forza 3 is quite a blast. If you'd insist on having 270 degree rotation, you can get the Fanatec wheel itself for less than $200 US, and use the G25 pedals with it.

On the liveries, sometimes vinyls line up easily, sometimes it takes a little work. On my Fiesta, I was going to add a white border around the headlights, but getting the fine width right and without blurring was too painful so I dropped it. But if I really wanted to spend an hour on it, I could have done it. You can pretty much do whatever you want with this livery editor, or find someone online who can.

Well, time to finally upload some images of this faaabulous livery. The inspiration comes from RACECAR's fantastic NASCAR 09 Camry livery he posted here on Oct 19th. I think my version turned out rather well, though it's meant to be a full on racing livery. alba's decals came in extremely handy as usual, but I still spent about a day making vinyls for it too. Whew... anyhow, enjoy. More and better looking pics are on my storefront for a while.

silvia16a.jpg

By stryker99

silvia37a.jpg

By stryker99

silvia45a.jpg

By stryker99

silvia52a.jpg

By stryker99

silvia82a.jpg

By stryker99

silvia85a.jpg

By stryker99

silvia83a.jpg

By stryker99

silvia86a.jpg

By stryker99

I'm overloaded with work right now sadly. I couldn't do any work on it last night and probably won't be able to do any today. This weekend should be alright though, I got lots of great idea to make it even better :P

Well, time to finally upload some images of this faaabulous livery. The inspiration comes from RACECAR's fantastic NASCAR 09 Camry livery he posted here on Oct 19th. I think my version turned out rather well, though it's meant to be a full on racing livery. alba's decals came in extremely handy as usual, but I still spent about a day making vinyls for it too. Whew... anyhow, enjoy. More and better looking pics are on my storefront for a while.

silvia16a.jpg

By stryker99

silvia37a.jpg

By stryker99

silvia45a.jpg

By stryker99

silvia52a.jpg

By stryker99

silvia82a.jpg

By stryker99

silvia85a.jpg

By stryker99

silvia83a.jpg

By stryker99

silvia86a.jpg

By stryker99

Aww, I inspired someone:embarrassed: It looks awesome man, the different colors on each side is pretty cool:tup:

Thank you kindly, good sir. Here's a link to that thread. RACECAR has a bunch on page 3. The work these guys do is simply amazing. We don't have the graphic tools they do in Forza, but it's still a very powerful livery editor.

I hope Jordan can afford all this sponsorship.

:lol:

Great work guys, they look awesome.

That S15 looks amazing.

Has any one else tried painting a MK5 GTi? it sucks, you put a body kit on it and since the stock bumpers are not painted, you can't f'ing paint your damn bodykit!

I bought your vinyls alba. I'm not artist by any means but I might give a gtplanet livery a go. Might send a friend request your way too 👍

I bought alba's excellent gtplanet vinyls and using my limited experience came up with this livery. Its a bit plain but I like it like that.

What do you guys think?

mitsus.jpg

lancerr.jpg

evox.jpg

It could need the GTP logo with the circles around it in smaller on the hood (maybe a bit on the left side) plus the number sticker there too, but the rest is already pretty cool, because it looks like a livery you could imagine on a real racecar.

EDIT: That S15 above is also cool, but it looks too much like a drifter livery to me and not like something you would expect on a Touring Car/GT, but thats not something bad.

Let me know if you want me to send you the new gtp number vinyl so you can actually put a number you want, same goes for the logos since they're locked when you buy them :)
Oh and, good looking stuff dude! :-)

Last edited:
I bought alba's excellent gtplanet vinyls and using my limited experience came up with this livery. Its a bit plain but I like it like that.

What do you guys think?

Like it. I was going to grab it for my EvoX but it doesn't look like you have it up on the storefront yet.

It could need the GTP logo with the circles around it in smaller on the hood (maybe a bit on the left side) plus the number sticker there too, but the rest is already pretty cool, because it looks like a livery you could imagine on a real racecar.

Thanks, I should play around with it more, not sure I have the patience to spend too much time on it, plus I get distracted with season mode ;)

Let me know if you want me to send you the new gtp number vinyl so you can actually put a number you want, same goes for the logos since they're locked when you buy them :)
Oh and, good looking stuff dude! :-)

Thanks alba if you could send them to me please :D

Like it. I was going to grab it for my EvoX but it doesn't look like you have it up on the storefront yet.

I've heard I can't put the design on my storefront because I bought the vinyls from alba once he sends them to me if he doesn't mind I'll put them up 👍

Sent you both the symbol and symbol+text and the new number sticker (better than the old one :P)

Could you send them to me as well please? I've been working on some liveries that could use a little gtplanet touch, and if I had them I might try a specific GTP livery. I've already bought them anyway, but some unlocked ones would be nice. (Also thanks for accepting my friend request)

What do you guys think?

(snip)
I like it too. I'd paste that gtplanet text through the rings close to the planet logo. And I wish you'd go into the garage and take a pic of the roof, want to check that out.

EDIT: That S15 above is also cool, but it looks too much like a drifter livery to me and not like something you would expect on a Touring Car/GT
I was thinking that as I made it over two days, because I'd save it and back out to deal with the usual irritating life interruptions. Especially on a Silvia, the association with drift is pretty strong. But then I peeked at some of the other art deco liveries which are becoming the rage these days and it fits in fairly well with them. I'm intending to gather a huge portfolio of real world livery pics of all racing disciplines over the coming weeks, because I seem to be running a little dry on inspiration. I need to keep up with alba. He's a painting fiend!

I do need to see about a tuner version like alba created for the WRX, that one is just amazing. Oh, and I realized that we now have quite a growing crowd in on this project, so awesome! 👍

I like it too. I'd paste that gtplanet text through the rings close to the planet logo. And I wish you'd go into the garage and take a pic of the roof, want to check that out.

Thanks 👍

I'll take a picture of the roof. I took it out on a hot lap but its actually quite difficult to get a decent picture of the roof. I should play about with it some more.

Thanks alba for the vinyls it would be good to see what you guys are working on ;)

I've actually re-organized my vinyls to be easier to recolors (the clipped ones at least) if you want to get the cleaned up version let me know and I'll resend them to you (in case you're having a hard time with the current ones).

Right now i'm still working on the A4 DTM i'm doing a split color with playstation/sony/ps3/gtp logos and all that. Still pretty damn early and changing constantly but I hope to have something good to show soon :)

I caught a look of this car early on the track with him, and even with just a couple of swatches of red and blue, it looked very nice.

I have a Trueno I'm fussing with, and if it boggles me, I might just hand it over to you to finish up, alba.

One thing at a time please :P I need to finish the A4 then the S15 :P

Alba can you send me the bits and bobs needed to get working on a GTP car. Thanks mate!

That's very stylish. Oh, and I just noticed a little highlight bloom in the world logo, very nice.

Do you get grief online for having at GT5 logo or PS3 logo?

Excellent work. I tried to make a basic livery.

Question: If I do the left side of the car, is there a way to automatically have that reflected on the right side?

Once you have your basic design (ie: no lettering), go to the opposite side and hit A. Go down till you see insert all from left/right side. That will put the design on the other side for you.👍

Back